Smoking

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Smoking

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:32 am

I just heard today on the news we are going to make cigarettes forbidden in public places here in France. I'm actually quite happy about it. I don't smoke and it annoys me to have my clothes stinking when I leave the place.

What do you think of that ? Is it a dictatorial law to you ?

Killer of Giants

Re: Smoking

Postby Doobie » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:57 am

We've already got that here in the states.
I don't boycott the places that forbid it (I am a smoker). However, I don't frequent them either.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:11 pm

Yes, I think it is dictatorial. I am not a smoker...never have been, but I believe that a person has a God-given right to smoke a cigarrette outside in a public place. In a small enclosed room....well that's another story. But outside, yes. People should be able to smoke if they choose. :)

Just my opionion and not meant to offend the cigarrette police.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:33 pm

we've had that law for over a year now ... or is it 2 years :?

anyway ...
it's not that bothering.
i'm not an active smoker any longer,
but when I'm out and having a few beers
I smoke ... it's a phenomena us Swedes call party-smoking
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:43 pm

it'll hit germany as well... however i ain't optimistic that this law will passed soon cuz our beloved government acts pretty slow...

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:55 pm

I absolutley despise smoking. If a person wants to smoke in their own home, then knock yourself out. I totally support banning it in public places, and I consider myself a conservative! I don't want to inhale the crap nor do I want my clothes smelling like it. Smoking is one of the very few areas where I don't have a problem with the government stepping in and regulating.

I hope I answered your question.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:31 pm

Now if we could just get a ban on public farting . . .

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:30 pm

I have to tell you . . . I stopped smoking about ten months ago, after having smoked ( semi-regularly) since I was sixteen. ( I'll be 38 on Nov. 14) YIKES!!! I can't stand to be anywhere within, like, a hundred yards of a burning cig, man! Those damn things stink to high heaven, and ewwwhee the breath I must have had, because it sure doesn't smell any good coming out of a smoker's blow hole!!! Dude, I used to always get down on my self 'cause I took my shortness of breath and occasional, shooting pains in the chest as a sign of aging. WRONG. Tell you what though, I could kick the guy's head, on those "wudefuxup" commercials, off!
Last edited by frethead on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:48 pm

I'm liking those commercials, myself. You have to admit they are very attention getting and informative.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:39 pm

I find screaming kids more offensive than smoking....The noise seriously cramps my God-given right to the pursuit of happiness.

They ought to ban screaming kids IMO.

If non-smokers don't have to put up with air pollution from those who choose to smoke,... the childless (Me) shouldn't have to put up with noise pollution from those who choose to procreate.

Disclaimer: Just my opinion, and not meant to offend those whose children are well behaved.
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:27 pm

Funny, I thought Germany already banned smoking in public places. I thought we were the last here in France to vote that anti-smoking law. I know it's already forbidden in Ireland, Italy, and it will be the same in England in January 2007.

I've been smoking 4 years and I understand how a cigarette can be important after dinner. The best smoke to me was the one that came after the lunch coffee, at around 2pm. Ho god, what an incredible pleasure. It really made me high. Also smoking is a convivial thing. You can offer a smoke to your friends, and vice & versa, and it creates a friendly vibe.

I also remember smoking to me wasa way to overcome shyness. I cannot talk for everybody but when I was sitting alone in a bar, I hard a hard time coping with the eyes starring. Having a smoke in my hand automaticly gave me insurance, made me feel confident. I always felt quite fascinated by fire and the smoke is pretty aesthetical to me.

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:30 pm

Deansolo wrote:I find screaming kids more offensive than smoking....The noise seriously cramps my God-given right to the pursuit of happiness.

If non-smokers don't have to put up with air pollution from those who choose to smoke,... the childless (Me) shouldn't have to put up with noise pollution from those who choose to procreate.

Disclaimer: Just my opinion, and not meant to offend those whose children are well behaved.
Screaming kids ? Funny, it's babies screaming that upsets me lol.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:49 am

Fakeblue wrote:
Deansolo wrote:I find screaming kids more offensive than smoking....The noise seriously cramps my God-given right to the pursuit of happiness.

Disclaimer Just my opinion, and not meant to offend those whose children are well behaved.
Screaming kids ? Funny, it's babies screaming that upsets me lol.
Same thing.
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:31 pm

Sa-lute my friend, Dean! I've got a seven year-old girl, a ten year-old boy, and a fourteen year-old girl living here . . . I'm still not clear about the reasons. Anyway, you know the young bleeder on that cell phone commercial who won't shut-up? The fourteen year-old sounds EXACTLY like her!!! ( And, she won't shut-up!!! buh-bum-bump)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby FireandRain » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:32 am

We in Florida have had a smoking in public places ban for a few year now. I'm actually a smoker who voted for it. I don't want to be sittiing in a resteraunt with cigarette smoke mingling with the smell of a good meal! I try to be conciderate when there are non-smokers around (stand away from them & hold the fag away, always as much up-wind as possile, or don't light up around them).

However, there are some places where smoking is "part" of the experiance eg: sitting in an club, drinking beer, smoking a fag while watching the ladies move!

And I TOTALLY agree about the kids (and I'm a mother of 2!)!!!!!! I HATE screaming kids. If 1 of mine did it, we would "take a little walk outside"!
I'm not suffering from my addiction to Jake E. Lee - I'm enjoying every minute of it!

Next

Return to Free for all...