I Love Rock and Roll

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

I Love Rock and Roll

Postby dave1021 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:48 am

Well folks my band Jester out of Dayton, OH has been searching for a singer since early May after our last singer quit . We thought we had her replaced but it didn't work out. When that happened we cancelled our Aug 26th gig while we continue to look. We've had a couple auditions and have 3 more scheduled. I found out Wed night that the club never bothered to take us off the schedule. A singer ( who just quit his band ) that we've shared shows with in the past has offered to sit in with us. Also we told the girl who auditioned for us on Thurs. about our situation and she offered to sing with us ( she can SING ). So with these two singers with whom we've only practiced 1 time, we're gonna keep the gig. We're going to practice today @ 1:00 and then do the gig tonight @10:00. Should be fun.
I thought about telling you guys about cause someone else out there had a similar situation about a gig with a different drummer and I said I'd be hesitant. Now I'm in a similar situation. The drummer, bass player, and myself have played together for years. The singer from the other band has a great voice and already knows a lot of our songs. The girl used to front another band and said as long as we don't mind her bringing up lyrics she's good to go. Oh, by the way, the girl likes to sing in "E" and the guy " E flat".
Thank GOD for multiple guitars that are both hard tails as both singers will be doing some songs in drop "D". If I was still using a guitar with a Floyd I'd be screwed. It was my love for Jake's music and playing style that got me away from the Floyd. From watching the BATM and Ultimate Sin videos that I just purchased / was given by a co-worker and by reading everything Jake I can get my hand on or download, I've learned how to do most of my Floyd tricks by bending the neck, detune and return at the tuning keys, and behind the nut bends.
This thread was not intended to become a book so I'll go, just thought I'd put it out there.
Wish me luck.
Dave
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

Re: I Love Rock and Roll

Postby Fretman » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:16 am

Good luck...let us know how it comes off.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:44 pm

Cool. In my experience sometimes a little pressure makes you rise to the occasion. Sounds to me like you've got all your bases covered with both singers.

Good luck....Have fun. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:00 am

I tried being in a band with a woman once. That will never happen again.

"There's no crying in baseball...." Jimmy Dugan

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:51 am

mrmetal wrote:I tried being in a band with a woman once. That will never happen again.

"There's no crying in baseball...." Jimmy Dugan

:lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Return to Free for all...