Crikey!!!!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Crikey!!!!

Postby Deansolo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:31 am

8O OH MAN! NO WAY!!! :(

I just read on the net that Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin was killed by a friggin' STINGRAY! :(

Fkn Stingray zapped the poor guy right in the heart and killed him! :(

The news piece said something like he was filming in the ocean near the Great Barrier Reef. His crew was able to get him helicoptered out but he died a short while later. :(

He leaves a wife and 2 kids. :(

Dude was pretty cool in my book. Brave Mofo.

R.I.P, Steve Irwin.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Re: Crikey!!!!

Postby skezza » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:34 am

I know, its hard, i have aussie relatives and they will be gutted :( RIP

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:38 am

I just read that:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 311298.stm

That's sad. I liked him, he was a FINE SPECIMEN.
RIP Steve :cry:

Postby Fretman » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:12 am

I always figured he'd get eaten by a Croc...no way a stingray should have taken him out. It's a sad story....RIP.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:50 am

It is a sad story. But I have to admit, I giggled a bit when I read it.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:10 am

Uhhh, what the . . . Not now, not now! I'm really having a hard time dealing with this . . . Damn. That guy. . . I almost knew him like a -
Aw, shit man. He was a card, but, c'mon, it's kind-of like seeing your favorite TV babes, like, ten or twenty years later and they've had the surgeries, you know. Everybody dies. Hell, the guy I originally took on this world as died when he was sixteen. Boo-hoo. Next!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:29 am

Fretman wrote:I always figured he'd get eaten by a Croc...no way a stingray should have taken him out. It's a sad story....RIP.

Yeah, but it's still kinda ironic tho'.

If you go around molesting (not in the sexual way, but more like in the "grab 'em by the tail and drag 'em around kinda way") wild animals for a living, it's only a matter of time till one of 'em kills you.

There's a lesson to be learned here kids.
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:49 am

frethead wrote:Uhhh, what the . . . Not now, not now! I'm really having a hard time dealing with this . . . Damn. That guy. . . I almost knew him like a -
Aw, shit man. He was a card, but, c'mon, it's kind-of like seeing your favorite TV babes, like, ten or twenty years later and they've had the surgeries, you know. Everybody dies. Hell, the guy I originally took on this world as died when he was sixteen. Boo-hoo. Next!

Damn Tommy, That's cold! :(

The poor sap was admired by youngsters all around the world. He was an environmentalist and a conservationist as well as an alligator...er, Crocodile Wrestler. :D

I liked watching the guy drag a snake out of its den, fuk around with it for while then gently send it on its way. :twisted:

Most of those pusilanimous "wildlife guys" like Marty Stouffer and the late, Marlin Perkins never even got near the animals that they allegedly studied....only filmed 'em from afar! :P

Steve Irwin had balls. :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:36 am

man that suks!!..i grew up with him on the tv...an my imprsion of him was my party piece!!! RIP steve

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:20 pm

Dean, I desist for you are right. I must tell you that I was snickering from the moment I saw the title of this thread until I finished typing my cold and heartless sounding explication;yet, it was not my intention to impart a mean spirit, my friend. Hats off to the Crocodile Hunter, may he forever rest in peace, and his gentle spirit forever be honored on Animal Planet! Salute!
Last edited by frethead on Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:29 pm

Hey all, yeh it's a pretty sad day here in Oz, couldnt fkn believe it was one of those surreal moments, and he is going to be hugely missed here in Australia, and I think the world. He done alot for us for our tourism in our country, and conservation. Politicians loved him, ppl around the world loved him, and every one could relate to him. R.I.P

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:33 pm

Rock wrote:Hey all, yeh it's a pretty sad day here in Oz, couldnt fkn believe it was one of those surreal moments, and he is going to be hugely missed here in Australia, and I think the world. He done alot for us for our tourism in our country, and conservation. Politicians loved him, ppl around the world loved him, and every one could relate to him. R.I.P

Yep, Now we can only watch the old episodes :| .....Or watch that other "Croc guy" :| , You know the one...his name escapes me right now, but he's kinda stocky with a beard, tramples around the bush barefoot, molests animals and eats all kinds of nasty shit :| . That guy isn't nearly as entertaining as Irwin was, but I guess he'll suffice for now. :|

I loves me some animal planet. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:11 pm

They were showing a special on him on the animal planet. My mom was in tears when she saw him talk, eh i miss the guy I a lot he was definatly a good person who entertained the world while at the same time raised awareness for animals, its going to be a difficult road but my heartfelt condolences to the Irwin family. Atleast Steve went down doing what he loved. R.I.P. Steve

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:29 am

this is one of most horrible ways one can die... imagine you're down in the dark blue with that mean pain comin from inside your chest and you cannot scream down their. I always admired his showmanship, the David Lee Roth in that genre...

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:31 am

This was posted on another board:

http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=R ... AfAgTCB7a2

Video tribute

Next

Return to Free for all...