Mastering your dreams

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Mastering your dreams

Postby Fakeblue » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:15 pm

Hello folks.

What if I tell you I've found a way to control your dreams ? Call me crazy ? If you can give me five minutes of your time, just read the following, you may find it interesting. I know shit about psychology and all kind of sciences that would be related to dreams but I am curious and I may have found something funny. Still it is not working very well, but with your help maybe we can come up with something cool.

What would you say about meeting Jake every single night in your dreams and playing a gig with him ? Ok.

Dreams are the way your mind gets rid of things you did not 'digest' from day life. These things get sticky, they stay in the back of your head and reflect themselves when you're sleeping. Since we can admit there is a 'link' between dreams and reality, we can use that link in order to 'stir' our dreams. For instance, let's say you have a fight with your boss. If you care about your job, if you respect your boss, you have chances to see him in your dreams. The first time you see him, you may not have enough 'lucidity' to catch that moment and turn it the way you want in your dream, because after all, you are dreaming. It is really hard to get aware of yourself dreaming, and it may take long (depending of different people sensibilities) but believe me it is possible, I've made it work. So to give this a chance to happen, you have to train yourself, keeping a strong image (boss fight or else) coming back in your dreams, until the day you finally start to see it coming while sleeping. In order to create these images, the best thing is to always work on the same image. The problem is, your boss can get quickly tired of these fights and you may loose your job. So here's the trick : If it is to hard for you to always stimulate the same image, keep a pic of Jake with yourself all day. Everytime you have a strong emotion (a dog barking at you, etc..), take a good look at that pic, so your mind associates it with the emotion. If strong enough, the emotion will come back in your dreams and so will Jake. When the Jake pic comes regularly, you just need to take control of your dream. I do believe the time you spent making this work will be enough for your mind to find the control will. I know it worked for me anyway. The weird thing is that when it works, my dreams always happen in a huge empty warehouse ? I am like seeing someone standing in a warehouse corner, I move to him, I say 'hi jake' but he turns his back on me......

Killer of Giants

Re: Mastering your dreams

Postby mrmetal » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:44 am

Hey man, don't bogart!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:56 am

Empty warehouse? Jake turns his back on you?

Dude, you gotta practice more....I don't think you passed the audition! :lol:

Take 2 Valium and call me in the morning! :lol:
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:20 am

I dreamed once that I was the guitarist for .38 Special. They didn't turn their back to me in some warehouse. Hell we had a blast palyin' "Hold on Loosly" to an auditorium. Now THAT's a dream!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:52 am

uhhhhh.........okay.

Fakeblue has officially taken us to the Twilight Zone. :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:38 am

I experienced something like the "warehouse" location while dreaming in a four and a half month long comatose state, Fakeblue. The coma was partially drug-induced, considering the length of the coma, as a multiple of drugs flowed throughout. The visual orientation was based on an image of my self sitting on a stool as a light shone directly from above. I was more or less surrounded by what appeared to be movie screens, and as I projected my attention at a particular screen . . . movie or story (or whatever), I would become a part of whatever was happening in it. Similiar to TV programs, I would inevitably be "chucked-out" of whatever particular program when it ended (?), and return to my original position in the middle of the warehouse. Yes, I had a long, long time to check that whole crazy deal out, and learned alot about self-actualization in (or at?! or of?!) . . . a whole different dimension. Mm-hmm. Out of body transiency ( that's the best name I can think of for it), (NDE) near-death experience, learning how to tie my shoes at the age of sixteen, etc., etc., etc. We're one wild and cah-razy guy!
Coincidentally, I lived in the same neighborhood as Jeff Carlisi's ex-wife and son did, in Georgia, Moose6.

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:47 am

frethead wrote:I experienced something like the "warehouse" location while dreaming in a four and a half month long comatose state, Fakeblue. The coma was partially drug-induced, considering the length of the coma, as a multiple of drugs flowed throughout. The visual orientation was based on an image of my self sitting on a stool as a light shone directly from above. I was more or less surrounded by what appeared to be movie screens, and as I projected my attention at a particular screen . . . movie or story (or whatever), I would become a part of whatever was happening in it. Similiar to TV programs, I would inevitably be "chucked-out" of whatever particular program when it ended (?), and return to my original position in the middle of the warehouse. Yes, I had a long, long time to check that whole crazy deal out, and learned alot about self-actualization in (or at?! or of?!) . . . a whole different dimension. Mm-hmm. Out of body transiency ( that's the best name I can think of for it), (NDE) near-death experience, learning how to tie my shoes at the age of sixteen, etc., etc., etc. We're one wild and cah-razy guy!
Coincidentally, I lived in the same neighborhood as Jeff Carlisi's ex-wife and son did, in Georgia, Moose6.

Man, I'm sorry my post made you remember these bad times of your life. What you describe is really interesting. It makes me think about a nightmare whre you don't really know who you are and where you belong. You look at the screens as if you look at other people lifes and you try getting along with them just to see if you fit with their scenarios. pretty scary. Did you look for common pointd between your past and the warehouse movie screens ?

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:42 am

its waynes world all over again instead of it being jim morrison its fakeblue!!! lol...im gunu try ur dream thing, il just carry a pic of brittany murphy around with me!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:13 pm

Actually, my idea is that my life was flashing ( so to speak) before my eyes in a way, since I had been "under" for about ten minutes when my body was resuscitated. But, no, I didn't have much of a substantial past for comparison, and the dreams were mostly strange with partial relations to reality. Hey, no problems! I think the whole experience was incredibly interesting, edifying, and strengthening . . . ofcourse, I survived

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:02 am

crisguitar wrote:its waynes world all over again instead of it being jim morrison its fakeblue!!! lol...im gunu try ur dream thing, il just carry a pic of brittany murphy around with me!!!!
good idea man :wink: , I never thought doing my dream control thing with a woman pic. I'll give it a try, and even if she turns her back on me, I'll still have a gool look at her ass.

fake

Postby skezza » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:38 am

Ive only actually ever had one guitar related dream i can remember. I was in a guitar shop and Eddie Van Halen walked in and picked up a white strat i was about to pick up and played Eruption right in front of me. I was like wtf, it was like amazing, and i kinda stood there then woke up half way through. i was so upset i couldnt get back to sleep

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:02 pm

Fakeblue wrote:
crisguitar wrote:its waynes world all over again instead of it being jim morrison its fakeblue!!! lol...im gunu try ur dream thing, il just carry a pic of brittany murphy around with me!!!!
good idea man :wink: , I never thought doing my dream control thing with a woman pic. I'll give it a try, and even if she turns her back on me, I'll still have a gool look at her ass.

fake

Be sure to wear some plastic pants! :lol:

Aww...Nevermind! :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:39 pm

Deansolo wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:

fake

:lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:40 pm

skezza wrote:Ive only actually ever had one guitar related dream i can remember. I was in a guitar shop and Eddie Van Halen walked in and picked up a white strat i was about to pick up and played Eruption right in front of me. I was like wtf, it was like amazing, and i kinda stood there then woke up half way through. i was so upset i couldnt get back to sleep
that's great. what you say reminds me of the frustration I had as a teenager every time a found a magic item in my dreams (like your white charvel), I wanted to bring itto reality so bad but it slept away...

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:24 pm

Deansolo wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:

fake

i like the jim morrison pants lol

Return to Free for all...