Vinnie Vincent

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Vinnie Vincent

Postby Charvelised » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:46 am

Has Failed once again in his KiSs Royalties Bid....

Re: Vinnie Vincent

Postby jefnel1 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:59 am

Well, he was only with them for 1 album...but the Kiss-monster should give something back to the little people.

I actually dug the stuff Vinnie was doing after Kiss. Wonder whatever happened to him?
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:11 am

Apparently, as well as Lick it up he wrote most of the songs on Rrevenge!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:16 am

Actually three...he played and wrote some solos for Creatures of the Night.

Postby Fretman » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:43 am

Isn't Slaughter really Vinnie Vincent Invasion without Vinnie Vincent on guitar? I read somewhere they ditched him after a gig and formed their own band, Slaughter, which went on to torture me to the ends of the Earth.

Postby jefnel1 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:11 pm

Nah, the music was much different than Slaughter. The first VV album had Jeff Scott Soto on vocals. Then they brought in Mark Slaughter to do the videos and next album, VV Invasion. The music was pretty catchy and raw. The only two members that went on to Slaughter were Mark and Dana Strum.

I agree that Slaughter's music was torture. They still haunt me from time to time when I turn on VH1 classic, or when local radio has their "80's at 8:00" spot. They always whip out that "Up All Night" piece of shit song.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Postby Fretman » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:08 pm

Damn, that's a pretty big dropoff going from JSS to Mark Slaughter. There was some pretty fast solo stuff going on with VV.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:27 am

Fretman wrote:Damn, that's a pretty big dropoff going from JSS to Mark Slaughter. There was some pretty fast solo stuff going on with VV.

Yeah, no kidding! My thoughts exactly. Yeah, Mark's voice is pretty much like nails on a chalkboard.

I always thought Blas Elias was a cool guy and drummer though.

Postby jefnel1 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:44 am

It's wierd thinking about how inbred all these musicians are and what a small world it is out there.

I work with a guy who took guitar lessons from Vinnie Vincent back in the 1970's. My wife works with Randy Rhoad's 1/2 brother, Paul Rhoads.

Vinnie Vincent went on to play with Kiss, which Eric Singer has been playing drums with for a long time. Eric Singer played with Jake in Badlands.

When Vinnie formed Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Dana Strum was on bass, and Dana is the guy who got Jake to audition for Ozzy.

Mark Slaughter sang with Vinnie Vincent Invasion after replacing Jeff Scott Soto. Mark and Dana went on to form Slaughter.

Jeff Scott Soto sang with Yngwie Malmsteen. I went to a Malmsteen show with the guy I work with that took lessons from Vinnie Vincent.

Wierd huh?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:36 am

jefnel1 wrote:It's wierd thinking about how inbred all these musicians are and what a small world it is out there.

I work with a guy who took guitar lessons from Vinnie Vincent back in the 1970's. My wife works with Randy Rhoad's 1/2 brother, Paul Rhoads.

Vinnie Vincent went on to play with Kiss, which Eric Singer has been playing drums with for a long time. Eric Singer played with Jake in Badlands.

When Vinnie formed Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Dana Strum was on bass, and Dana is the guy who got Jake to audition for Ozzy.

Mark Slaughter sang with Vinnie Vincent Invasion after replacing Jeff Scott Soto. Mark and Dana went on to form Slaughter.

Jeff Scott Soto sang with Yngwie Malmsteen. I went to a Malmsteen show with the guy I work with that took lessons from Vinnie Vincent.

Wierd huh?

Yeah, it was one big networking, community back in L.A. at the time. I'm not sure if the music scene works the same way or not, but I can't imagine it does with the technology that exist nowadays. I don't think anything works the way it did.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:07 am

There is craziness all-over!!! Vinnie Vincent is pretty weird, too! I could have sworn Dana Strum informed Randy Rhoads of the Ozzy interviews, too. (???)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:54 am

Are you guys sure that is Jeff Scott Soto on the Vinnie Vincent's Invasion debut? I thought it was Robert Fleischman, who was ditched because he looked so different compared to Dana Strum, Bobby Rock and Vinnie Vincent.

Anyway, my son has discovered Kiss and Vinnie Vincent so he pulled out my VVI CDs and I showed him some bootlegs I had of Vinnie. He was definately going for the shred factor after leaving Kisss.

I remember seeing Vinnie live with Kiss on the Creatures of the Night tour and his solo was something that I had never heard before. Fast as hell with some very cool neo-classical lines.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:47 pm

Very richly infor on fame musician Vinnie Vincent: he has a fascinating music history there. He did do a pretty cool job while in KISS and those were some heavy "space" shoes to fill when the very down to earth legendary/fame musician Ace Frehley decided to leave KISS in whom was/and still is my personal favorite member of Kiss. I do very much so admire the great musician talents (like Vinnie Vincent, Bruce Kulich, drummer Eric Carr/passed away very young/I miss him "liked" him alot he was awesome, too & Eric Singer/former Badlands drummer "kicks" in everything he does with full energy!) that came after Ace & Peter left...'to participate/be apart of and to help further enchance the iconic legendary band KISS that founding members Gene (my 2nd fav) and Paul are very much still keeping the kiss flame in. I hope all goes well/works out for the fame & oddly strange Vinnie Vincent: I thought he did well in Kiss even though it took sometime to get use/and like him 'cause Ace was/is my personal fav of the origional line-up of KISS but as time progressed I started to admire the "other" fine & heavy master guitarists' that came after Ace...'their all pretty heavy Rockers in their own rights. Much respects! 8)

All Access Member

Postby Jim2368ca » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:59 pm

[quote="jefnel1"]Nah, the music was much different than Slaughter. The first VV album had Jeff Scott Soto on vocals. Then they brought in Mark Slaughter to do the videos and next album, VV Invasion. T

wasn't the first singer Robert Fleischman ? but was booted due to the lack of "metal look" ... and boy did that band look metal (LMAO) and what was up with that bastardized jackson V?

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:24 pm

Jim2368ca wrote: wasn't the first singer Robert Fleischman ? but was booted due to the lack of "metal look" ... and boy did that band look metal (LMAO) and what was up with that bastardized jackson V?

I liked that double-shark fin V. It was badass.

Next

Return to Free for all...