Vinnie Vincent

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Vinnie Vincent

Postby sytharnia » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:43 pm

Jim2368ca wrote:
jefnel1 wrote:Nah, the music was much different than Slaughter. The first VV album had Jeff Scott Soto on vocals. Then they brought in Mark Slaughter to do the videos and next album, VV Invasion. T

wasn't the first singer Robert Fleischman ? but was booted due to the lack of "metal look" ... and boy did that band look metal (LMAO) and what was up with that bastardized jackson V?

yep Robert Fleischman was the vocalist on the VV album and after mark slaughter left in 1988 they recorded another album with Robert Fleischman but it never got released

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:54 pm

Vinnie Vincent? LOL. Come on, this guy has no feel at all. His solos are ridiculous with hardly any melody in them whatsoever. He's fast and that's about the only thing positive I can say about this guy. He sounds like someone threw his guitar down 30 flights of stairs with an amp full of rocks. Now his songwriting was actually good until the VVI. Slaughter and the boys were smart to jump ship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yptx5PX- ... re=related

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:39 am

The point of VVI was to be over the top. After being constrained by Gene and Paul, Vinnie wanted to start a band that had no commercial limits and could be as outrageous as possible. Slaughter sucked major balls compared to VVI, in my humble opinion...

I don't see how you can say the songwriting wasn't good on either of the VVI albums when both releases had some very cool songs. Granted, this discussion is a matter of one's opinion, but Vinnie did play and write for one of the best bands ever and I think that pretty much solidifies his talent.

If the video link was supposed to confirm your statements, it failed miserably.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:12 am

:D
mrmetal wrote:The point of VVI was to be over the top. After being constrained by Gene and Paul, Vinnie wanted to start a band that had no commercial limits and could be as outrageous as possible. Slaughter sucked major balls compared to VVI, in my humble opinion...

I don't see how you can say the songwriting wasn't good on either of the VVI albums when both releases had some very cool songs. Granted, this discussion is a matter of one's opinion, but Vinnie did play and write for one of the best bands ever and I think that pretty much solidifies his talent.

If the video link was supposed to confirm your statements, it failed miserably.

I actually am a huge fan of Vinnie I was just busting balls. What I posted was a mix of every argument I've had about the guy. I've defended him for years to no avail. Kiss had to get rid of him, he was in a different league as a musician with them. Point well taken he played with one of the best bands ever. That was always my argument.

Sorry if that got people fired up but I was bored.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:45 am

I wasn't fired up or offended, I was just participating in a point-counterpont discussion. :lol:

I was confused after I watched the video link and reading the post. Because there was Vinnie, kicking ass with people cheering him on.

Some don't like Vinnie, but I thought he was a hell of a guitarist.

Previous

Return to Free for all...