What Are You Listening To Now?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Postby johnthebrucelee » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:29 am

Countdown to Extinction - Megadeth

PS. Frethead, I love your quote. :D
"Hahaha, you don't see rockstars with straight A's in high school and such," says johnthebrucelee. "Actually, that only goes to show that playin' guitar ain't rocket science," Deansolo remarked. ;)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:10 am

Hey, I'm a poet and didn't even know it! I'll make 'em rhyme everytime! Jus' like a short, li'l tale by Longfellow. :lol:
Last edited by frethead on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:18 pm

I still have quite a music list to seek out & get and there's plenty of awesome talented mega music artists/bands I so digg and appreciate and when I get out of this dough/money crush, just maybe I can finally get some of those new albums/Cds I so want. Some I have on order/just waiting for it to arrive like Jake E. Lee's "Runnin' With the Devil" & also would like to get Sinner "Crash & Burn" & Motorhead "Motorize" and AC/DC "Black Ice" are high on my list, etc.,. Right now just chilling out/listerning to the new Disturbed album, Nightwish "Deadly Passion Play"<>I really "love" this record & Danity Kane "Welcome to the Dollhouse" ...'then I watch my Vader "And Blood was shred in Warsaw" dvd & AC/DC "No Bull" (came out in DVD but I have the VHS formet/would like to get the DVD format, one day!) AND Amon Amarth "Wrath of the Norsemen" dvd videos to top off everything/how exciting! Very exhilarating every one music artists/bands I've mentioned, WOW! 8O :twisted: 8O Peace :!:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Demon_A_Go-Go » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:17 am

This week I am starting with Judas Priest and their strong record Demolition.There are a couple of songs that I roll more than the others - Bloodsuckers,Lost and Found and Hell is Home .Also I found very simillar both - You Can't kill rock'n' roll and Killer of Giants respectively by Randy and Jake.I guess Jake had an inspiration from the first one to write Killer of Giants.This is of course my personal opinion ,don't know why ,just feels this way..

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:01 am

Paul Butterfield Blues Band.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby gtraddict » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:09 am

Gary Moore - Bad for you Baby (just released)

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:02 am

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:58 pm

Molly Hatchett - Rag Top Deluxe

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:57 pm

HELSTAR!!!
"Hahaha, you don't see rockstars with straight A's in high school and such," says johnthebrucelee. "Actually, that only goes to show that playin' guitar ain't rocket science," Deansolo remarked. ;)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:01 pm

High 'n' Dry

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Why is it there's "two" What are you listerning to? - I know this one is the oldest but it's getting so so so loooong and should be archive by now. I and I'm not trying to be mean/don't wanna hurt no one feelings 'cause their's some really special music likes we all "digg & admire" dear to us, that's why I say it should go into the archive because it's to long/it needs to be broken down. Plus, maybe it should be done on a yearly basis: like once that year is up the post gets a fresh look 'cause it's anew music year that is open to us to listern to. So, I much prefer the other "What are you listerning to at the moment?" that is above us in the "Forum Index-All things Jake E. Lee"/the newer one in Jake's comments section. That's the one I'll be heading to 'cause it's not so mind whirling long and the year 2008 is just about up...'so check out that one, too 'cause I put my treasure likes there, also! Peace and much respects. :twisted: 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:24 pm

I've been jamming with "I Know a Little," tonight

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:18 am

Shadow wrote:Why is it there's "two" What are you listerning to? - I know this one is the oldest but it's getting so so so loooong and should be archive by now. I and I'm not trying to be mean/don't wanna hurt no one feelings 'cause their's some really special music likes we all "digg & admire" dear to us, that's why I say it should go into the archive because it's to long/it needs to be broken down. Plus, maybe it should be done on a yearly basis: like once that year is up the post gets a fresh look 'cause it's anew music year that is open to us to listern to. So, I much prefer the other "What are you listerning to at the moment?" that is above us in the "Forum Index-All things Jake E. Lee"/the newer one in Jake's comments section. That's the one I'll be heading to 'cause it's not so mind whirling long and the year 2008 is just about up...'so check out that one, too 'cause I put my treasure likes there, also! Peace and much respects. :twisted: 8)

Why does it matter that this thread is longer than the other one? You don't have to look at each page to navigate around it ... ummm , just hit the last page. I'm not following your line of reasoning - why does a thread need to be broken down and archived to begin with?

Post wherever you like, obviously - but I think it's kind of cool that we've all kept this thread going. Look how many replies there are! Plus it's in the right forum - the Off Topic, not the Jake Only forum. Archiving it on a yearly basis doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But that's not my decision - it's up to the mods.

NP: Just Like You ~ Three Days Grace

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:15 pm

I agree some of what your saying Gutterflower & "sorry" if it came out the wrong way: All I'm saying is when the New Year approches/2009 the reply threads for the previous year(s) 2008/2007 etc,. should be archived/so the thread won't have to be so long like "113" pages. And yes you can skip to wherever you want to go/I understand that - anyway, it is a "vital" Topic post that's for sure: no matter if it's in the JAKE comment section or in the Free for All section. It's all worthwhile. Cheers! 8)

Right now I'm listerning to: Nightwish-Dark Passion Play, Danity Kane-Welcome to the Dollhouse, In This Moment-Dreams<>awesome, album best one heard so far 2009 and obviously "Dark Passion Play" by Nightwish is a Epic masterpiece voted that #1 of 2007, I believe. Also, have Amon Amarth-Twiilight of the Thunder God it's still in it's new wrappin's & Behemoth-Apostacy very drama monsterpiece...'yeah, I know I'm a "strange" girl/I digg all kinds of music that have a solid electric Heartbelt. Also "finally" have Jake E. Lee "Racin' With the Devil" waited forever it seem for it...'and have some other treasure goodies/I was surprised on it's way. :twisted: :o Can't wait their finally coming :!:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:27 am

johnthebrucelee wrote:HELSTAR!!!

Looking forward to that new album they have coming out soon.

NP: Thin Lizzy - Black Rose (Gary Moore, hell yeah!)

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...