Your First and Last...Concert

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Your First and Last...Concert

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:58 pm

My very first show was Heart at the Capital Centre. My parents had to drop me off ("Meet me back at Liberty Bell parking!" lol) John Cougar (pre Mellencamp) opened up for them.

My last show was the Goo Goo Dolls at the House of Blues in Las Vegas on New Year's Eve. They ROCKED da house! It was such a blast to be there with a bunch of my friends. Everyone flew in from around the country and Canada was reprezentin' as well.

Killer of Giants

Re: Your First and Last...Concert

Postby stratattack » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:53 pm

My first show ever was Kiss during the lick it up tour with Ted Nugent the lat show I went to was Social distortion with the ducky boys who are all NUTS!!! what can you say we all are in Boston LOL!!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:46 pm

My first concert ever was Al DiMeola "Land of the Midnight Sun" tour...First rock concert was in 1977... Jethro Tull and Uriah Heep at the L.A. Forum. Last show was Brides of Destruction in San Diego a few months ago we were on the guest list and got invited to party on the bus after the show! A night to remember! :)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:09 pm

First, Sammy Hagar on the Three Lock Box tour. Night Ranger opened for them touring for the Dawn Patrol album. It was pretty cool since I had third row center stage tickets.

Last show I went to was at a Champs sports bar to see Agent Steel and Helstar a couple of months ago.

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:01 am

urm i cant remember my first gig..some english underground band wen i was like 12..my last gig was judas priest last year,they wer soooo amaising!..i just aint had time!.im 2 busy playing guitar my self!

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:50 am

First concert I've ever been to was a small festival with 3 or 4 local bands.
Last concert was....wow, about 2 and half years ago, Children Of Bodom+Shadows Fall+Soilwork. I wanted to see Steve Vai and Eric Sardinas last October but tickets were sold before I even got the chance to buy a couple.
Last edited by Hell_Tanner on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:47 am

First - Nov. 1985, Journey. No one opened for them and they played for 3 hours!!!

Last - Nov. 2005, Pat Metheny. He is one AMAZING Jazz guitarist.

On a different note (literally), y'all will probably think I've lost my mind, but I'm going to see Ricky Scaggs this Friday. In a newspaper article printed this past weekend, Ricky Scaggs said that he likes and admires Joe Satriani!!! Can y'all imagine G3 next summer with Ricky Scaggs? HOLY CRAP (Ha ha ha)

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:33 am

Yah That would be Interesting seeings that skaggs is a country and blue grass player but he is a great guitar player he doese alot of finger picking.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:28 am

first(and last): Queen, april 2005 :)

I haven't got too much time or money to go to concerts all the time :(
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:17 pm

1st -Lita Ford 1984 with Randy Castillo on drums, 3 bucks at the RAINBOW here in Denver.

Lastwas George Lynch .George was charging 50 bucks to meet him.....hahahaha.Ive met him so many times and i can tell you, it wasnt worth 50 bucks.He sounded great that night, but his singer sucked balls.

Lita put on a great show and the Rainbow holds many great memories of shows when i was a kid.Too bad they gutted it and turned it into a Walgreens .They left the marquee up though as a reminder.

Postby Fretman » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:51 pm

The first show was Van Halen in 1984 at the Summit in Houston. The last may have been Van Halen as well, I can't remember right now.

Secret Loser

Postby Hell_Tanner » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:58 pm

Fretman wrote:The last may have been Van Halen as well, I can't remember right now.

The 2004 tour then?
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:01 pm

First Concert was Ozzy and Metallica at the Peoria Civic center in the summer of '86. The last concert was Def Leppard and Tesla at the same venue in July of '05. 8) Arena Rock Rules 8)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby sonicbrew73 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:55 pm

First concert was Aerosmith back in 1990 at the Palace in Auburn Hills, MI.
Last concert was Motley Crue in August last year at Blossom near Cleveland.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:51 pm

The very 1st Concert that I ever attended was at Candlestick Park (a mega Arena Studium) were my sister & friends and big cousins (teenage cousins who didn't want pesty kids coming along w/them ruining their fun but we did anyway!) at the Ike & Tina Turner Review Concert back in 1970/71 that also included the band Sugerloaf on the Concert Billing & other Music Artists. The last show that took me by thrilling surprise was in December 2003 when I got to see WWIII featuring Beast legend Mandy Lion and also Beautiful Creatures who were the Headliner that night: this was at the famous Club Vodka in Hollywood, California! Bad ass phenomanel chilly night all the way. Big smile! Peace.

Next

Return to Free for all...