Your First and Last...Concert

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Re: Your First and Last...Concert

Postby Fretman » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:24 am

I still have a lot of the old stubs...I was looking for Badlands but couldn't find them, but I did find Jake E Lee from 1994 at Hurricane Alley in Houston...$7.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:25 am

Several of the shows I attended didn't have tickets. Just give money and get your beer-drinking wristband.

Postby Fretman » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:37 am

True....I saw Savatage at the 19th Hole on their last tour and basically just paid a cover charge to get in.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:41 am

harddriver wrote:First Concert was Ozzy and Metallica at the Peoria Civic center in the summer of '86. The last concert was Def Leppard and Tesla at the same venue in July of '05. 8) Arena Rock Rules 8)

Wow! That's some good stuff!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:44 am

My first concert was Nelson at the Civic Colesium in Knoxville, TN. Enuff Z Nuff opened for them.

My last was ProgPower VI in Atlanta, GA in September of 2005. Stratovarius, Angra, Pink Cream 69, Symphorce, Conception, and Circus Maximus rocked Earthlink Live! \nn/

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:48 am

Fretman wrote:True....I saw Savatage at the 19th Hole on their last tour and basically just paid a cover charge to get in.

As you know, I'm a huge Sava fan, but I've only been into them since 2002. I havn't seen a full Savatage show, but I did see the reunion with Doc Walchoz at ProgPower V in 2004. They played under the name of Weapons of Mass Destruction. It was something due to their management, blah, blah, blah...

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:53 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:My first concert was Nelson at the Civic Colesium in Knoxville, TN. Enuff Z Nuff opened for them.

My last was ProgPower VI in Atlanta, GA in September of 2005. Stratovarius, Angra, Pink Cream 69, Symphorce, Conception, and Circus Maximus rocked Earthlink Live! \nn/

I am jamming to Conception right now. I heard Epica is on the bill this year.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:57 am

WOW Nelson to Prog power thats what I call EVILUTION!!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Postby Fretman » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:38 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Fretman wrote:True....I saw Savatage at the 19th Hole on their last tour and basically just paid a cover charge to get in.

As you know, I'm a huge Sava fan, but I've only been into them since 2002. I havn't seen a full Savatage show, but I did see the reunion with Doc Walchoz at ProgPower V in 2004. They played under the name of Weapons of Mass Destruction. It was something due to their management, blah, blah, blah...

I saw them back in 90-91 at a small club in Houston during the Gutter Ballet tour. John Oliva was still a skinny dude at the time, and Criss Oliva and Chris Caffery were both in the band. I also saw them later that year with Testament and Dead Horse at a larger venue. Another amazing show. A funny thing about Testament's set...Chuck Billy spent the whole evening spitting into the air and catching it back in his mouth...very impressive. :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:38 am

Fretman wrote:A funny thing about Testament's set...Chuck Billy spent the whole evening spitting into the air and catching it back in his mouth...very impressive. :lol:

... or disgusting ... 8O :?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:06 pm

stratattack wrote:WOW Nelson to Prog power thats what I call EVILUTION!!!!

:lol: Yeah, I like to think I've come a long way!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:08 pm

mrmetal wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:My first concert was Nelson at the Civic Colesium in Knoxville, TN. Enuff Z Nuff opened for them.

I am jamming to Conception right now. I heard Epica is on the bill this year.

Yeah, Epica is the Saturday night headliner. I hope he puts up a really good power metal act on Friday night. I'd prefer Masterplan, but I think they're too expensive for him.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:11 pm

Fretman wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

I saw them back in 90-91 at a small club in Houston during the Gutter Ballet tour. John Oliva was still a skinny dude at the time, and Criss Oliva and Chris Caffery were both in the band. I also saw them later that year with Testament and Dead Horse at a larger venue. Another amazing show. A funny thing about Testament's set...Chuck Billy spent the whole evening spitting into the air and catching it back in his mouth...very impressive. :lol:

You're a lucky man getting to see Criss in his prime! :cry:

Do you think we'll see another Savatage album or do you think they've thrown the towel in?

I'm leaning toward some Live DVD/CD compilation, but that's it. I think those guys are too busy making the big bucks with Trans-Siberian Orchestra nowadays.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:26 pm

yah Poets you have I just hope you dont sing Love and affection in the shower!!LOl!!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:30 pm

stratattack wrote:yah Poets you have I just hope you dont sing Love and affection in the shower!!LOl!!!!

I don't know Strat, you seem to be pretty familiar with their music! Are you sure you're not a closet fan? 8) :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...