vito bratta...what ever happened to that legend

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

vito bratta...what ever happened to that legend

Postby crisguitar » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:17 pm

i need to know what happened to him..whats he doing now..howd they split?..the usual basically

Secret Loser

Re: vito bratta...what ever happened to that legend

Postby Hell_Tanner » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:10 pm

He had a hand injury, I think it was the carpal tunnel syndrome but I'm not sure, that prevented him from playing guitar, that's why he basically retired.
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:10 pm

Vito owns a very nice recording studio in NYNY he walked away from the buisness for a long time after white lion finaly lost their contract with Atlantic,
Mike Tramp(white Lions Singer) was on shrapnel as a solo artist but as we all know it has not been met with alot of fan fair .
There was a big artical in guitarone about 2 years ago about Vito and he said it would take alot to get him to tour again because all the projects he has produced as well as done session work on is still alowing him to live well. :D so it is a happy ending after all! and he can still rip with the best of them I saw him in Sam ash in Newyork this summer when we wer playing BB kings and he was ripping on a Lespaul and still Blew My mind.
Last edited by stratattack on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:14 pm

I've wondered the same thing, so thanks for the info. I'm glad to see that Vito is still in the business and not washing cars for a living!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:18 pm

read what I wrote on top poets, he is still in the buis just another part of it,

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:22 pm

We all know that ex White Lion bassist James Lomenzo was in BLS and Pride and Glory with some other guitar player who used to be in Ozzy's band :wink: And i read in Metal Edge some time ago that the drummer from WL is an insurance salesman or a realator or something like that. I never really got into White Lion and IMO the only decent thing they ever did was that cover of that Golden Earing song.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:26 pm

stratattack wrote:read what I wrote on top poets, he is still in the buis just another part of it,

Yeah, I know, that's what I meant by my comment. I'm glad to see he still works in music and wasn't forced to do something else.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:28 pm

harddriver wrote:We all know that ex White Lion bassist James Lomenzo was in BLS and Pride and Glory with some other guitar player who used to be in Ozzy's band :wink: And i read in Metal Edge some time ago that the drummer from WL is an insurance salesman or a realator or something like that. I never really got into White Lion and IMO the only decent thing they ever did was that cover of that Golden Earing song.

I never was a diehard fan or anything either, but I did enjoy their music. Mane Attraction was their best IMO.

Little Fighter from Big Game is the song that made me take notice of them though. I love that song til this day!

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:24 pm

cheers dudes i knew i could count on u..i guess i was just relly upset by the tramps white lion tour an needed reminding that the songs once sounded really powerful!

Postby Fretman » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:56 pm

Vito is a fantastic guitar player. I would have loved to see him do something other than White Lion.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:20 pm

Agreed. I thought his talent was wasted in White Lion. Although they did put on a good show when I saw them with AC/DC. In fact, I didn't like White Lion because I hated that song "When The Children Cry". Then I saw them live and they weren't to bad at 'tall.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:09 pm

harddriver wrote: I never really got into White Lion and IMO the only decent thing they ever did was that cover of that Golden Earing song.

Yeh, I remember that one, that was Radar Love. prolly my fave song of theirs at the time. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:14 pm

mrmetal wrote:Agreed. I thought his talent was wasted in White Lion. Although they did put on a good show when I saw them with AC/DC. In fact, I didn't like White Lion because I hated that song "When The Children Cry". Then I saw them live and they weren't to bad at 'tall.

I agree with mrmetal, I bought the record with "Children Cry" when it came out just to hear Vito's playing. Mike Tramp's vocals just grated on me from the beginning, especially on "When the Children Cry"...too whiney for my taste. Vito's great though, great to hear he's doing well.

Postby Fretman » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:22 pm

Yep...Mike Tramp just isn't metal or hard rock and his voice is cheesy in my opinion. Vito not only played great, but his tone was also amazing. Glad to hear he can still play.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:22 pm

yah he can not to mention he still looks the same.

Next

Return to Free for all...