BEST BONJOVI TRCK?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

BEST BONJOVI TRCK?

Postby crisguitar » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:56 am

U KNOW U LOVE THEM!

All Access Member

Re: BEST BONJOVI TRCK?

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:57 am

I admit it :wink: I've seen them 4 or 5X, and I always liked Richie over Jon. I've dragged different boyfriends along, and each one of them had to admit afterwards that it was a helluva good show.

Favorite tracks:
Lay Your Hands On Me
Wanted Dead or Alive
You Give Love A Bad Name
I'll Be There For You
In And Out of Love
Runaway

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:40 am

IMO, Dry County is their best song, and Keep The Faith is their best album. The band was really in it's creative mode during that era! It's the most diverse album within their cataloge too. That's just my opinion though....

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:59 am

The one and only Bon Jovi song I liked was Runaway. The rest of it, I just couldn't stand. But, there was always a ton of girls at those shows. :)

Postby jefnel1 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:32 am

When Bon Jovi came to town, we went for the event - not necessarily the music. They were a very energetic band and their shows were great. Super catchy tunes too. I first saw them in 1986 on the first leg of the Slippery When Wet tour with Cinderella.

I think something cracked in the band after the New Jersey tour, however. Jon damaged his voice and never really recovered from it. All future albums after that one took on a more soulful and bluesy edge, which actually made their music suffer tremendously. I don't think they are a soulful/bluesy band at all.

I was impressed by the "It's My Life" tune when I first heard it. It sounded more like "old" Bon Jovi to me. However, seeing the band perform it live left much to be desired. It sounded nothing like the studio track, because it's clear that Jon is holding back his voice trying to avoid another blow out. He was totally monotone. Again, the music suffers.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:46 am

I owned a cassette with Bon Jovi way back 8O

I remember that Keep The Faith was on it.

Anyway ... Bed of Roses was on that same tape,
and together with In these arms it was my fav
Bon Jovi track back then.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:16 am

I saw Jovi in 84 Supporting..I don't Remember, My girlfriend of the time took a fancy too sambora! hated them since!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:40 pm

Oh come on all you haters know you were jammin out to Slippery when wet and New Jersey back in the day :wink: but since those 2 albums they havent put anything decent out. And as somebody posted earlier i think something happened to Jon's voice because it has sounded funny for a while now. However Blaze of Glory is probably my fav from Bon Jovi.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:22 pm

Nope sorry to diapoint I was jamming to yngwie an tesament and real metal but I do like Rtchie Samboras solo stuff he is more able to show his blueside on that stuff I am just shocked you dont hear more of that instead of that pop BS .
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:49 pm

Charvelised wrote:I saw Jovi in 84 Supporting..I don't Remember, My girlfriend of the time took a fancy too sambora! hated them since!

I saw 'em in '84 as well..They were supporting Scorpions here in the States. I remember them playing Runaway as that was the single on the radio...the rest I really can't remember.

I like Sambora though, he's a very good guitarist. I never much got into Jon....I kinda think his lyrics are a bit cheesy....That "Young Guns" song, Wanted Dead or Alive is very cheesy IMO, not the decending riff (that's kinda cool) but the lyric.

I'd have to say, the movie was about the cheesiest western I've ever seen.

No offense to fans of JBJ or the Young guns series BTW. Just my personal opinion. :)

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:07 pm

Yea it was chessy but that whole decade was made of cheese if you look back on it now. If you think about it the 80's didnt get cheesy until the late 90's which means it was hip for at least 10 years which means that the 80's had staying power which is more than i can say for the 90's and the 2000's which are way to boring and stale to even be cheesy :? :roll: So god bless the 80's in all its glory because we will never see another decade like that again. Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Ratt, Poison, Cinderella, Queensrych, Dokken, Metallica,Megadeath, Testament, Savatage,Slayer,Anthrax,Def Leppard, and last but not least Badlands just to name a few were all given to us by the 80's and most of those bands are still talked about and still touring to this day. So 20 years from now when all of these crappy new bands have long been forgotten we will all realize just how great the 80's really were.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:49 pm

Charvelised wrote:I'd have to say, the movie was about the cheesiest western I've ever seen.

No offense to fans of JBJ or the Young guns series BTW. Just my personal opinion. :)

No offense taken. Young Guns wasn't about the western-it was about the beefcake LOL My girlfriends and I loooved that movie because of Kiefer, Emilio and Lou Diamond Phillips :D We didn't care about the plot. We just wanted to see hot gunslinger guys running around the screen. It was awesome when JBJ had his cameo in the second one. :wink:

And I agree with Harddriver-the 80s were the best. Remember all of the shows we went to-there were SO many more bands around, it seemed like. Remember watching Headbangers Ball? I'd set my vcr to tape it, and then I'd watch it when I got home after a hard night of partying. Those days were the bomb!

The world was a totally different place back then.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:19 pm

Yeah you guys are right....The 80's rocked. Great shows and lotsa good bands. :)

But you gotta admit, the style and fashion and the pop music sucked!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:09 pm

I like BON JOVI alot and do have their Greatest Hits in my record Collection: I really like the "I'll Be There for You" a total tearjerker. I love that Bon Jovi hit the best and their new album Bon Jovi-Have a Nice Day is pretty cool & like the title track best of of!

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:58 am

mrmetal wrote:The one and only Bon Jovi song I liked was Runaway. The rest of it, I just couldn't stand. But, there was always a ton of girls at those shows. :)

thats songs pretty cool i must admit

Next

Return to Free for all...