Bo Bice - In A Dream

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Bo Bice - In A Dream

Postby skezza » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:54 pm

I was given a link to watch Bo Bice's version of In a Dream, by Badlands.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5D8ixbEShBA

I enjoyed watching it, and I thought it was a nice tribute to Ray, and i am sure he was smiling as he watched over. However, i think we all wish it was Ray up there singing it :( :cry:

All Access Member

Re: Bo Bice - In A Dream

Postby Charvelised » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:57 am

Yes, I thought He Sounded Flat..(as I've said Before!)...AWeFUL

Postby skezza » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:54 pm

Agreed, i thought that at first, however its nice to see someone finally give Ray and Badlands the credit they deserved for some of the masterclasses they wrote. I did have my doubts when watching this, and towards the end I was certain that this guy was never going to be anything as good as Ray Gillen.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:58 pm

Bo's voice doesn't even come close to that soulful, bluesy raw edge that Ray had. But it was still a nice surprise to hear that song get covered on national tv. :)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:51 am

I believe Bo was really trying to pay respect to one of the greatest voices in rock history that night. I don't think he intended on sounding like a Ray clone. It took balls just to sing an unheard of song like that, much less with no music. I give props to Bo, eventhough his solo disc sucks big time!

~Brian~

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:53 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:I believe Bo was really trying to pay respect to one of the greatest voices in rock history that night. I don't think he intended on sounding like a Ray clone. It took balls just to sing an unheard of song like that, much less with no music. I give props to Bo, eventhough his solo disc sucks big time!

~Brian~

ditto :P

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:55 am

I thought he sang it pretty damn good myself.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:28 am

It was alright. :wink:

Postby soulstealer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:27 pm

I actually went to high school with Bo in England.I'm not gonna take credit,but I believe I was the one who turned him onto Badlands,because that was my favorite cd when it came out and we went to see Badlands at the Astoria that year.We weren't best friends,but we were friendly and he would ask me about guitar stuff.I distinctly remember showing him how to play a part of White Lion's Tell Me,because my band covered it at the talent show.He was curious as to how I played the same chords in 2 different places.He was just getting into guitar at that time.I really had no idea he could sing,or I would have tried to start a band with him! I moved back to the states after my junior year in 92,and I think he stayed another year.He was a grade behind me.....you should see his yearbook pic.He had short hair and wore glasses. :D .......it was shocking enough to see him appear on Idol,but for him to break out In A Dream just blew my mind!!! I knew he was gigging around Alabama because I searched for him a few years ago,but this was crazy.

His solo is a piece of poop and a total corporate concoction,but I have one of his independent cds,and it is really pretty good.I think he'll get back to what he's best at when this hype is over.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:43 pm

That's interesting, soulstealer. I like Bo, and he does have a good voice. Here's his MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/bobice

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:47 pm

I've seen this American Idol finalist/Bo Bice perform this Classic Bayou song by BADLANDS "In A Dream" and he done a really nice rendition of their song w/much Heart. Right now it's sorta difficult getting through youtube since it's server is always jammed with traffic it's server acts slow mojo most of the time: so I don't visit there often but I have seen Bo Bice perform this much loved BADLANDS vintage song "In A Dream" and I'm sure that those rawhide bad boys Ray Gillen-Vocals, Jake E. Lee-Guitars, Greg Chaisson-Bass, Eric Singer-Drums and Jeff Martin-Drums are quite rightly proud of how Mr. Bice performed it and obviously the origional version is a Bayou pearl filled with deepest emotions from Ray Gillen & his partners in Bayou music crime. Smile :!:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:04 am

soulstealer wrote:I actually went to high school with Bo in England.I'm not gonna take credit,but I believe I was the one who turned him onto Badlands,because that was my favorite cd when it came out and we went to see Badlands at the Astoria that year.We weren't best friends,but we were friendly and he would ask me about guitar stuff.I distinctly remember showing him how to play a part of White Lion's Tell Me,because my band covered it at the talent show.He was curious as to how I played the same chords in 2 different places.He was just getting into guitar at that time.I really had no idea he could sing,or I would have tried to start a band with him! I moved back to the states after my junior year in 92,and I think he stayed another year.He was a grade behind me.....you should see his yearbook pic.He had short hair and wore glasses. :D .......it was shocking enough to see him appear on Idol,but for him to break out In A Dream just blew my mind!!! I knew he was gigging around Alabama because I searched for him a few years ago,but this was crazy.

His solo is a piece of poop and a total corporate concoction,but I have one of his independent cds,and it is really pretty good.I think he'll get back to what he's best at when this hype is over.

That's interesting! I didn't realize he went to school in England. Here he is tryin' to portray himself as a good ol' southern boy rocker and he goes to school in England. :lol: Not that I blame him, but it struck me as funny.

Anyway, I like the guy, but I agree his solo disc is poop! I wouldn't expect anything less than corportate from Management 19 though. Thanks for sharing.....I hope you stick around.

~Brian~

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:23 am

I thought the same thing, Poets. I found this on him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Bice

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:52 am

Ok. So I just seen this for the first time. I know this video goes back a bit, and I dont really care for Bo Bice, but the fact that he pulled out this song for AI is just awsome.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri May 11, 2012 12:52 pm

macheted01 wrote:Ok. So I just seen this for the first time. I know this video goes back a bit, and I dont really care for Bo Bice, but the fact that he pulled out this song for AI is just awsome.

Yes, it's a very heart embracing Classic Bayou/Gospel song from BADLANDS (Ray, Jake, Greg & Jeff): whom totally enraptures you into their song. Just beautiful, RAY shined!! 8) And AI talent Bo Bice did a really cool homage Tribute to the band BADLANDS when he performed on Americian Idol.

Return to Free for all...