John Norum...

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: John Norum...

Postby MetalHead » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:38 pm

didn't Norum get the boot from Dokken
'cause he thought he was Zakk Wylde ? 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:24 pm

Metalhead, now that you mention it the pinch harmonics are very reminiscient of Zakk's on Long Way Home. Norum was never fired he does not like to tour. Don then hired Alex DeRosso who I think is outstanding and now of course has Jon Levin from Warlock.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:56 am

I personally like his playing on the album "final countdown", got the new Europe album 2 weeks "Secret Society", it fkn rocks, but someone has prolly already said that, i just got slack and didnt read most of the post, coz I am a slack aussie. :)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:21 am

Rock wrote:I personally like his playing on the album "final countdown", got the new Europe album 2 weeks "Secret Society", it fkn rocks, but someone has prolly already said that, i just got slack and didnt read most of the post, coz I am a slack aussie. :)

I haven't gotten Secret Society yet, but Start From The Dark was really good too. I've heard very positive things about the new one, so I'll get it soon.

~Brian~

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Nikki_Saixx » Fri May 30, 2008 11:56 am

John Norum as another John - SYKES, is greatly influenced by Gary MOORE. I thought that he was inspired by SYKES, until I've heard MOORE's "Run for Cover" and "Victims of the Future"... Well, both Johns are great players. :)

I like Norum's solo album "Face the Truth" with HUGHES, TEMPEST and himself on vocals. "Another Destination" is good too, but seems to me a bit boring... Don't remember well his 1987 album, but I remember that disliked it for malmsteen-sounding neoclassic solos... :D

Well, I don't know much about EUROPE albums...

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Fri May 30, 2008 2:24 pm

I"ve got a Europe show on tape somewhere. They played Final Countdown twice. lol

But I was never really into them and never paid attention to the guitarist. But now that I see he's getting props, maybe I'll go check him out.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Nikki_Saixx » Sat May 31, 2008 10:57 am

JR97 wrote:I"ve got a Europe show on tape somewhere. They played Final Countdown twice. lol

Real pop-hit! :lol: I think, "europeans" feel sorry sometimes about writing this song)))))

JR97 wrote:But I was never really into them and never paid attention to the guitarist. But now that I see he's getting props, maybe I'll go check him out.

Well, I think his solo works worth to be checked out! :wink:

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Sat May 31, 2008 11:37 am

JR97 wrote:I"ve got a Europe show on tape somewhere. They played Final Countdown twice. lol

Lol, a bit ironic!

Previous

Return to Free for all...