Great Ozzy / Sabbath Book

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Great Ozzy / Sabbath Book

Postby tenfingersofdoom » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:18 pm

I was in Barnes & Noble this weekend and I found a book called "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath". Far from being a run-of-the-mill bio this book concentrates on both Ozzy's solo career and Sabbath from the years 1980 to 1997. It is UNBELIEVABLY detailed. Covers ALL musicians involved in those years including stuff on guys who never made it on albums, just auditioned or toured. For the Jake fan there is a great bio of his pre-Ozzy years (Rough Cutt, Dio and Ratt details as well as other stuff before that) and hilarious insights into the man himself. Particulary funny is Phil Soussan's accounts of Jake being a "true loner" -- spending a year together on a tour bus but only having three conversations. There's also some amazing details on Ray Gillan from both his Sabbath years and Badlands. Great pics too.

All Access Member

Re: Great Ozzy / Sabbath Book

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:51 pm

Thanks for the heads up-I collect books like that. I'll check it out :P

All Access Member

Re: Great Ozzy / Sabbath Book

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:58 pm

tenfingersofdoom wrote:I was in Barnes & Noble this weekend and I found a book called "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath". Far from being a run-of-the-mill bio this book concentrates on both Ozzy's solo career and Sabbath from the years 1980 to 1997. It is UNBELIEVABLY detailed. Covers ALL musicians involved in those years including stuff on guys who never made it on albums, just auditioned or toured. For the Jake fan there is a great bio of his pre-Ozzy years (Rough Cutt, Dio and Ratt details as well as other stuff before that) and hilarious insights into the man himself. Particulary funny is Phil Soussan's accounts of Jake being a "true loner" -- spending a year together on a tour bus but only having three conversations. There's also some amazing details on Ray Gillan from both his Sabbath years and Badlands. Great pics too.

Wow, three conversations! :!: I'd like to read this book for that account alone!

Return to All things Jake E Lee...