Have you seen Jake live? Please share where & when.

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Have you seen Jake live? Please share where & when.

Postby dave1021 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:55 pm

Badlands, Tesla, and Great White. Hara Arena- Dayton, Ohio. I don't remember the date. Probably around 1989. Great White's singer had some sort of throat issue and GW didn't play, so some announcer guy said Jake would play an extra long solo. Out they came, opening with "Hard Driver" and blew me away. Jake had his knee brace on and everything. Now, when I saw Tesla open for DLR on the Eat 'em and Smile tour I learned what a rock band should look and sound like, just ordinary guys sounding great and kicking ass. And Badlands delivered. I imagine Jake would have been more mobile if he hadn't been it that brace but he still kicked ass.
Question, does anyone remember why Jake was in that brace?
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:45 am

I saw Jake play with Ozzy, during the BAM ( had to have been '84) tour, at the Omni in Atlanta, way on back. They sounded great, and as I was very excited to see "the new guy and what he could do," I was completely blown away with Jake's playing, stage presence, and excellent association with the audience. Which brings up a question; why does it seem that Jake has such great repoire with the audience when on stage; yet, chooses to live ( seemingly) as a hermit, shunning attention from his hopeful fans?
Later on, I saw him with Badlands (around Oct./ Nov. '89?) in Ormond Beach, Fla. at The Other Place. O, my Gawd!!! When the first crackle of the Marshall stacks ( like, fifteen feet away) blew my hair behind me, and Jake ran out onto the stage, I was hypnotized. LOL Ray's voice was amazing, and one of the best to hear from so close at such great volume, I think! Otherwise, I had my eye on a pretty special waittress, and I wasn't looking at her drink tray. But, that's another story, altogether . . .
Last edited by frethead on Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:37 am

Gutterflower wrote:Well, if Jake were to tour again, first he'd have to gauge how much interest there would be from the fans who'd want to see him. Like, would it be worth it for him to do a tour or just a few shows in a couple of choice locations...like a show in Vegas or L.A., for instance?

How many of you out there would be willing to get on a plane and come see Jake live? *calling all the lurkers* show of hands!! I'd go to as many shows as I could afford-Jake is somewhat reclusive, and for him to come out and play would be a major event, especially for the fans on his forum :D Jake and Greg too! maybe they'd be willing to do a fan weekend type thing or something, culminating in a live jam! I'm dreaming out loud, but maybe they'll read this thread and it'll get the wheels turning :P

As much as I hate flying, I would fly to see him play again. I can already tell you my 19 year old daughter would be in tow, as well. She loves listening to my Badlands CD's. Bret Michaels (ugh! - sorry to any members of the Poison posse) is playing a small club here soon. If some no-talent (again, sorry posse members) like Bret is still making the rounds and selling tickets, I'm sure Jake could pull us old fans of his Ozzy, Badlands or Wicked Alliance days out of the house for a few hours. I've seen him play two small venues and two large ones. Personally, I love seeing Jake in the small venues - that could possibly have something to do with no reserved seating and when, need calls for it, I can run my ass off to get that front row spot right in front of him (there was a couple of times I could have caught a bead of perspiration that fell from him). Hopefully, he'll play for us again - I just hope I'm not on a walker or cane by then - somebody will get MY spot!!!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:43 am

Doobie wrote:Hopefully, he'll play for us again - I just hope I'm not on a walker or cane by then - somebody will get MY spot!!!

No, they won't Doobie-we'll both muscle our way to the rail!! We'll smack 'em out of our way with the cane :twisted: I vote for a small venue too.

Postby Fretman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:16 am

jefnel1 wrote:Can you track down the dates of these shows Fretman? It would be helpful for the Tour History section...

Ozzy - 5/9/86 Houston, TX
Badlands - 5/2/91 - Austin, TX
Jake E Lee - 2/18/94 Houston, TX

Postby jefnel1 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:36 am

We need more dates people. The location is a start, the venue is better, but the dates are key for an entry on the Tour History page.

Thanks.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Postby jefnel1 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:36 am

Fretman - do you have the venue for Badlands in Austin?
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Postby Fretman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:53 pm

jefnel1 wrote:Fretman - do you have the venue for Badlands in Austin?

Just verified that the venue was The Back Room.

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:29 pm

7/15/86,Poplar Creek Music Theater,Hoffman Estates,Il,TUS Tour,my 18 th b-day!!

Metallica opened.

All Access Member

Postby jimiforrest » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:23 am

Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon Tour:
2/1/84 - Capital Center, Landover MD (Opener - Motley Crue in support of Shout At The Devil)

Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin Tour:
4/16/86 - Capital Center, Landover MD (Opener - Metallica in support of Master of Puppets - Cliff on bass R.I.P.)

Badlands - S/T Tour (opening for Great White and Tesla):
1989 - George Mason University Patriot Center, Fairfax VA
(I will dig out stub for actual date)

Badlands - Voodoo Highway Tour
1991 - Hammerjack's, Baltimore MD
(will check stub for additional info):

So many years ago, LOL.

Jimi

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:55 am

jimiforrest wrote:Badlands - S/T Tour (opening for Great White and Tesla):
1989 - George Mason University Patriot Center, Fairfax VA
(I will dig out stub for actual date)

Badlands - Voodoo Highway Tour
1991 - Hammerjack's, Baltimore MD
(will check stub for additional info):

So many years ago, LOL.

Jimi

Jimi, we saw the same show at GMU. The date was 8-26-89. And I had no idea they played at Hammerjacks! Where the hell was I that day?! :cry:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:26 pm

Badlands 6/29/90 at L'Amours, Brooklyn NY (in between albums, trying out new songs with Jeff Martin)

Badlands 8/21/91 at The Ritz, NYC (During the Voodoo Highway tour)

Wicked Alliance (although not named at the time) April 1994 at L'Amours

Did anyone see Badlands while they toured with Warrant? Doubtful people on this board would pay to see a Warrant show, but believe it or not, Badlands opened for Warrant after the Warrant/Poison tour fell apart. It almost sickens me knowing that Badlands would have to open for a band wayyyyyy less talented then them.
Last edited by LouZ on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

All Access Member

Postby jimiforrest » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:09 pm

frethead wrote:Later on, I saw him with Badlands (around Oct./ Nov. '89?) in Ormond Beach, Fla. at The Other Place. O, my Gawd!!!

The O.P.! Damn, I spent many a drunken night in that place right after high school, LOL. Do you remember "The Pier". That was a kick ass club also. Then...there was PJ's. I made the rounds in these places the year I graduated from high school. My best friend's band relocated from VA to FLA that year (1987) and I spent quite a bit of that summer in the Daytona Beach area.

Jimi

All Access Member

Postby jimiforrest » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:25 pm

Gutterflower wrote:Jimi, we saw the same show at GMU. The date was 8-26-89. And I had no idea they played at Hammerjacks! Where the hell was I that day?! :cry:

I'm digging through my stuff and can't find a ticket stub for Hammerjack's....grrrrrrr. Now that I think about it...I may not have a stub from that show. A good friend of mine got me into an "invite only" pre-show party on the dance side of Hammerjack's the afternoon of the show. The picture in the photo section of this site of me and Jake was taken at that party. We stayed after the party until the show. If memory serves me correctly, the openers were The Scream and Tangier.

Jimi

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby RAFA030765 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:37 pm

I saw Jake in 83 tour with Ozzy. It was in Puerto Rico in summer time. Anybody who which to had a photo of that concert a can send it just write the e-mail. He just play excellent.

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...