dont blame me...

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Re: dont blame me...

Postby matty35 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:29 am

good point, and when "ultimate" was released, it was ozzy's most successful album to date..(back then of course)

p.s.

is it "no more tears" that is ozzy's best selling album of all time??

cheers

matty.. :wink:

Postby skezza » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:17 am

i hope not :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:04 pm

I always heard that Ultimate Sin was Ozzy's most successful album. But I saw a list of the best selling hard rock albums of all time and the only one listed by Ozzy was Blizzard of Ozz which sold 4 million. I am curious what TUS sold number-wise.

Postby skezza » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:17 pm

mrmetal wrote:I always heard that Ultimate Sin was Ozzy's most successful album. But I saw a list of the best selling hard rock albums of all time and the only one listed by Ozzy was Blizzard of Ozz which sold 4 million. I am curious what TUS sold number-wise.
IMO Blizzard is the best followed by BATM. I wouldnt even have No More Tears in the list!

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:50 pm

matty35 wrote:hey gang,

hope everyone is ok,

now, im not ozzy bashing, & im sorry if this topic has come up before, but how many of you own ozzy's "dont blame me" video/dvd??

this was suppose to be a detailed documentary on ozzy's career up to 1991..

my complaint is, the jake era isnt mentioned once in the dvd, we go from "sabbath" to "randy" to "zakk"...but not a word on jake!!

this is not the first time ozzy has left out jake in career interviews..

& why does ozzy hate the "ultimate sin" album so much, its not even listed in the "discography" section of the official ozzy osbourne website, i remember when they released the last bunch of remasters, "ultimate" was left out....im glad i bought it in back 1998 (i think) when they first remastered ozzy's back catalogue.

like i said guys, im not ozzy bashing, i love ozzy's music, but all of the above sounds a little crazy!!!

what do you think??

cheers

matty... :wink:

I have this tape. I watched it a thousand times and I felt the same way you did.....not even a single word about Jake......-sob-...I remember I've asked this question one or two years ago when this site still had its old look and I've got interesting answers saying that Jake was dead serious when it came to music performances and physical fitness on stage. He wasn't very happy with Ozzy banging on his hotel room door at 3 o'clock in the morning plastered out saying 'Hey let's hang out' or something. I kind of understand that. I used to be a nocturnal guy for years...but now that I tuned myself back to the daylight I know how better it is for your mind & body.

Postby willow13 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:53 am

from what I know...the phil soussan (spelling, d'oh) thing is true for the remasters and ozzy has said a few times that he hates the album...remember that TUS was recorded right after ozzy got out of betty ford so the time frame probably holds bad memories for the old guy.....

I have just started listening to TUS again after a few years and man jakes tone is awesome, this album was the first new release ozzy album I got (jeez twenty years ago, I feel so old)

Postby RedBarchetta » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:32 pm

I have had the chance to work with addicts and recovering addicts, and both are bitching machinnes, now imagine a super star like ozzy with load of money and that attitude!! OMG.

Judos for Jake to put up with that for 4 years!!!! Even randy after 3 was going t o leave OZZY its a known fact...

Now Zakk is another thing and even if he is Ozzy´s Gimp, once he was fired (hence the "holmes" era)...

Man I can fathom how bad that could have been to Jake...and to this day he has not spoken a word about the OZZMAN errands and flirts with substances..

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:38 pm

I have seen the DVD of Ozzy "Dont Blame Me" his dressed in plaid jacket w/shades I think. Anyway I don't have this DVD: I'm sure it's a great footage music History Documentary but I don't like to see people excluded from such a heavy Documentation that they also had a heavy part in/and it's sad that one of Ozzy's Premiere Guitarists Jake E. Lee is treated as if he was not ever present when he was! Guitarist/Musician Jake E. Lee (along w/the other Premiere Guitarists Randy Rhoads & Zakk Wylde & other greats) also "added/inputed" his own special electric flame to Ozzy's successful Music Career & it should not be hidden or denied but respectfully mentioned & acknowleged. Peace!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:18 pm

Similiar to the shocking style he employed to draw attention in the early days of his career apart from Black Sabbath, ol' Oz has made a career out of being a displeasing emotional disturbance in the world of music. Fate has granted him a long and successful career and the exceeding opportunity to create music with people in possession of monumental talent. Whether the suggestion of his wife's or not, the appearance of his humility comes by the manipulation of careers as if he were some kind of dark king. "Don't blame me," he says. Would "objectionable" be too strong a word here?
Last edited by frethead on Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby RedBarchetta » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:01 pm

Fate has granted him a long and successful career with the exceeding opportunity to create music with people in possession of monumental talent.

truer words have never been said...300% agree!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:26 pm

RedBarchetta wrote:
Fate has granted him a long and successful career with the exceeding opportunity to create music with people in possession of monumental talent.

truer words have never been said...300% agree!!!!

Hey! Thanks for your three hundred percent, Red!!! I can rest assured that I've made a difference. I'm sick of that joker, and I just wanted to contribute a little something of a caliber you'll never get out of either of them.

Postby RedBarchetta » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:50 pm

One thing that always has been on my mind is the proverbial..WHAT IF....

What if RR hadn died, for sure RR would have dropped out of the band maybe he would be hired as a studio player by OZZ, but Ozz sharon and close friends knew at the time OZZ was a winno a coke head and who knows what else...

Jake was another diamond in the path of OZZ, and he too, wasted the opportunity...

Now Zack wont make any inroads in the history of Rock and roll, he is a competent player, but nothing out of this world...OZZ is still riding the momentum of his 80 and half 90 fame...revived by a prank show on MTV... nothing of substance in tha brain since 1979...

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:00 pm

I think that if Randy had lived and left Ozzy as he planned to,
the gig would've gone to George Lynch, seeing as he took over
Randys teaching-job when Randy left for Ozzy.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:55 pm

Good point, and if Brad Gillis had stayed on with the Blizzard of Oz band, his music would have been very different, too. Imagine that for a moment!

Postby RedBarchetta » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:32 pm

G. Kynch was actually hired by Ozz and played with him on the european leg of the duiary od a madman tour (Bernie Torme had nervous breakdowns and panic attacks).. so Lynch went and in 3 weeks they parted ways NOT AMICABILY.
G. Lynch wanted to make his own solos and make his mark and OZZ wanted a hired gun who could imitate the songs...

Voila!...Brad Gilis and he is a very good player but with a totaly diferent approach.. i think Ozz would habe been very Pop and sucsessfull with Gilis, but not as heavy...

Anyways as Randy would say.. Ozzy is a glorified cover band...

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...