Sad

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Sad

Postby paul » Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:51 pm

Does it ever bother anyone that Jake E. Lee does not make press statements? That he does not interact with his or anything? I love his music but I was wondering if he has a drug promblem? Or if he just does not care about his fans?

Killer of Giants

Re: Sad

Postby frethead » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:36 pm

I think he's over it, man. Personal problems are personal, first and foremost, and I wonder if you'd imagine having fans and not caring about them . . . Sorry. Welcome to the board, Paul.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Postby Fretman » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:46 am

No, he does not have a drug problem. Jake's a very private guy and obviously wants to keep a low profile. I would also like to know more about what he's up to, but I respect his desire to stay under the radar. Welcome to the board!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:39 pm

Not really.....I have my own life to worry about. Jake is badass.....no more to say.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:36 pm

No it does not bother me that Jake does not make "many" press comments because deep down he does make some kind of connection with his fans in his own way. Which is totally somewhat quiet, mellow & strongly hip & deeply sincere when he does address us/and the listerning public & media at large: in which he has made contact (when it's open to him!) and it's not the quanity of times he addresses someone it's "quality" by far in what is said/I treausre the message "thanks" note in his newest album Jake E. Lee - Retraced/very cordial & powerful words there! Peace and much respects! 8)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby FireandRain » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:31 am

Shadow - I could not have said it better myself!

Sure, sometime I wish there was more music/press/pictures from or about Jake, but personally, I'd rather him be like this than over exposed! (a la Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Brad Pitt) More mysterious = more sexy!!!!
I'm not suffering from my addiction to Jake E. Lee - I'm enjoying every minute of it!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:35 am

Perhaps. But, there's also "outta sight, outta mind". I'm still trying to remember the last time when somebody had current news on him. How many of us would have known about 'Retraced' if we didn't frequently surf here? Musically speaking, he's a tad too anti-social for my taste. I don't care to hear of his personal life - just the music related issues. I think he needs a good PR person at times. And, YES, I'm volunteering!!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:09 pm

I read that Britney has really been exposing herself lately... :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:07 pm

Indeed, she has. Guys at work looked the pics up on the net - man, she's a skank these days. :roll: It's pretty bad when they even agreed that "stuff" looked skanky.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:40 am

Oh, man. Sheez. I remember walking into one of my favorite dives back in Destin one night and Britney was sitting there with her mom. Her mom was much better looking than she was!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:15 am

paul wrote:Does it ever bother anyone that Jake E. Lee does not make press statements? That he does not interact with his or anything? I love his music but I was wondering if he has a drug promblem? Or if he just does not care about his fans?

Not really, because the guy is just who he is. I believe that he accepts the fact that his hayday is over and just dabbles in music from time to time.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:28 am

[quote="paul"]Does it ever bother anyone that Jake E. Lee does not make press statements? That he does not interact with his or anything? I love his music but I was wondering if he has a drug promblem? Or if he just does not care about his fans?[/ quote / ] I hear ya man and we all would like to hear more from Jake but i think the dude is done and has been for some time now. Retraced was good and just teased us a little but we also have to remember that Jake is lik 50 and he isnt no spring chicken anymore. What frustrates me more than anything is how when people talk about Ozzy all you hear about is Randy Rhodes this and Zakk Wylde that and jake is never mentioned when Jake IMO was the best Axeman Ozzy ever had. Maybe someday ( hopefully soon ) he will put out an album of originals and give all of his fans something to hang our hats on but i wouldnt hold my breath. Im just glad that all of the other bands and musicians from that era dont feel the same way Jake does and they continue to tour and put out music because i dont give a damn what anybody says when it comes to music im not into changing with the times and evolving or whatever because new music just plain sucks.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby tenfingersofdoom » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:38 pm

I have the feeling the guy is livin' his life and it's just outa synch with the big "machine" the rest of the music world thinks is reality. Here's something funny though - I did a search for Jake E. Lee / Las Vegas and found this interview with a Vegas punk band and the guy was like "Yeah Jake E. Lee was over here last night jammin' with us" so that shows Jake is social and normal like everyone , he's just got his own thing. And in this fame obsessed culture that's pretty admirable.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:49 am

Has anybody heard about Britney and Paris Hilton shacking up? My wife let me in on this little tidbit of juicy news yesterday! EEeeeeEEeeeeeuuUUUuwwWWHHHhheeeeeeeey!!! Yuck, man! She told me it's old news, even!!! Criminy!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:56 am

harddriver wrote:
paul wrote:Does it ever bother anyone that Jake E. Lee does not make press statements? That he does not interact with his or anything? I love his music but I was wondering if he has a drug promblem? Or if he just does not care about his fans?[/ quote / ] I hear ya man and we all would like to hear more from Jake but i think the dude is done and has been for some time now. Retraced was good and just teased us a little but we also have to remember that Jake is lik 50 and he isnt no spring chicken anymore. What frustrates me more than anything is how when people talk about Ozzy all you hear about is Randy Rhodes this and Zakk Wylde that and jake is never mentioned when Jake IMO was the best Axeman Ozzy ever had. Maybe someday ( hopefully soon ) he will put out an album of originals and give all of his fans something to hang our hats on but i wouldnt hold my breath. Im just glad that all of the other bands and musicians from that era dont feel the same way Jake does and they continue to tour and put out music because i dont give a damn what anybody says when it comes to music im not into changing with the times and evolving or whatever because new music just plain sucks.

Hear, here!!!
I've been anxiously awaiting another solo project from Jake E.Lee since A Fine Pink Mist, too! Don't ever change, Driver. You're not alone. Uhh. I'm not saying that you're precious or anything like that, just, you know . . . LOL
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...