Have you seen Jake live? Please share where & when.

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Have you seen Jake live? Please share where & when.

Postby Dude » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:53 pm

Venue: L'Amour's -- Brooklyn, NY

Date: Mar. 94

Jake & Mandy Lion -- they did "new" WA stuff + Jade's Song + Ultimate Sin. Great show

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby RAFA030765 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:56 am

I saw a concert in Puerto Rico when he tour with ozzy(bark at the moon) on 1984. It was great stuff.

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:52 am

I must pipe in against the Warrant/Badlands tour. Warrant was on with Poison into December of 90. Badlands played some shows around this time, but didn't play in 91 until mid summer. So to the very best of my knowlege this is incorrect.

Postby tbone1 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:16 am

Hi there
I saw the ultimate sin tour twice in 86 Long island N Y they came around in spring and fall with metallica master of puppets tour opening the show Just got my license mom let me take the car and i promised not to drink or smoke pot and watch my younger brother Ha ha I was a good boy we had a blast awsome concert I also saw Badlands in 90 voodoo highway tour at the ritz nyc then I saw wicked alliance in 96 roxy music hall huntington ny me and friends BSed with mandy before the show cool dude
I think Badlands was an awsome group and I was really blown away by what an awsome singer Ray Gillen was.RIP
I think Jake should pick up the pieces and get another group going
talent like that shoudnt be wasted but shared and especially with all the shit music out there today theres a need for some kick ass licks thanks

Postby jerseyjakefan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:57 pm

i saw jake 1/15-1/16 1984 at the philadelphia spectrum. motley crue opened the shows. also saw him when he was just 2 weeks into ozzy's band in atlantic city 1983, and in 1986 the ultimate sin tour......smoked some angel dust at the atlantic city show ( we got it there-didn't know it was laced!!!!!!!!!) and we were all tripping for both philly shows. despite being totally on cloud 9, i remember just watching in total awe at his performance. being a guitar player i try to see every guitar hero i grew up listening to....jake ranks as one of the top 5 players i've seen-awesome solos. wish he would come back with another band or solo-even unplugged would be great

Postby fphilthy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:21 am

Seems like every week for months and months back when Jake was in Teaser playing at Strait-Ahead in San Diego I remember the first time I saw Jake at Strait Ahead, I was coming down the stairs to go to the front of the stage and I could not believe someone could play Van Halen better then Van Halen and was so mesmorized by his playing, that I tripped on the last 2 steps and fell ! ( might of been the Jack?) but no problem, got up and went to the front of the stage. In the next few months the band I was in at the time even opened a show for Teaser and I got a chance to hang out with Jake for a while and talked about my guitar set up. Very cool !! I also went to the "US Festival" which was cool and also and also Sports Arena show with Ozzy. I never did get a chance to see Jake with Badlands. I kept thinking I will catch em soon but by then, Badlands were no more and missed out. But now I think if he put a band together and toured, no way I would I miss out, and would travel in a 600 mile radius just to catch a few more shows! fpHiLthY

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:01 am

fphilthy wrote:Seems like every week for months and months back when Jake was in Teaser playing at Strait-Ahead in San Diego I remember the first time I saw Jake at Strait Ahead, I was coming down the stairs to go to the front of the stage and I could not believe someone could play Van Halen better then Van Halen and was so mesmorized by his playing, that I tripped on the last 2 steps and fell ! ( might of been the Jack?) but no problem, got up and went to the front of the stage. In the next few months the band I was in at the time even opened a show for Teaser and I got a chance to hang out with Jake for a while and talked about my guitar set up. Very cool !! I also went to the "US Festival" which was cool and also and also Sports Arena show with Ozzy. I never did get a chance to see Jake with Badlands. I kept thinking I will catch em soon but by then, Badlands were no more and missed out. But now I think if he put a band together and toured, no way I would I miss out, and would travel in a 600 mile radius just to catch a few more shows! fpHiLthY

Verry cool :D Welcome to the board!

I would definitely get on a plane to see Jake play, should he ever decide to tour again.

Postby Dave67 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:26 am

jimiforrest wrote:Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon Tour:
2/1/84 - Capital Center, Landover MD (Opener - Motley Crue in support of Shout At The Devil)

Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin Tour:
4/16/86 - Capital Center, Landover MD (Opener - Metallica in support of Master of Puppets - Cliff on bass R.I.P.)

Badlands - S/T Tour (opening for Great White and Tesla):
1989 - George Mason University Patriot Center, Fairfax VA
(I will dig out stub for actual date)

Badlands - Voodoo Highway Tour
1991 - Hammerjack's, Baltimore MD
(will check stub for additional info):

So many years ago, LOL.

Jimi

I was at the first two show listed also. The best part of the The Ultimate Sin show was that someone called in a bomb threat, then at the end of the show Ozzy blow up the stage. Got outside to see all the flashing lights and scared parents.
Oh well, I guess I am just a sick puppy.

PS Metallica blow Ozzy off the stage that night.

Postby wyldeone » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:44 pm

Saw Jake in 83 with Ozzy Shot photos sent some to skeeza a while back to post, in 86 Chicago.. with Ozzy/Metallica, in 91 at the Vic theater Chicago where I met Jake and the band. and Helped shoot the Video for that show

Postby jefnel1 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:18 pm

I you guys still have them, please provide the actual date m/d/y and venue/city from the ticket stub. That would be most helpful for the Tour History section.

Thanks.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Postby Demartini1 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:24 am

I saw Jake w/ Ozzy in 86 on the TUS tour in Hollywood, FL and again in 89' with Badlands w/ Tesla and I think either Great White or Baton Rouge.

Both great shows. I loved his look on TUS. He came out in full regalia with the white & black coat, half gloves etc.... it was a great show.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby bubbles » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:43 am

I saw him the first time 'Bark at the moon' was played live, they also played 'So tired' that night which was very cool.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby AZFF » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:32 pm

I saw Jake with Badlands on Friday, September 29, 1989 @ Irvine Meadows Ampitheater (now Verizon Ampitheater) in Laguna Hills, CA. Badlands (Badlands self titled album) opened up for Cinderella (Long Cold Winter tour).
I was 18 yrs old.

Ticket price: $19.50 - $17.50 + $2.00 Ticketmaster service fee

Can't even go to the movies for $19.00 these day's! HA

Scott

Postby Loudnessnj » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:29 pm

jerseyjakefan wrote:i saw jake 1/15-1/16 1984 at the philadelphia spectrum. motley crue opened the shows. also saw him when he was just 2 weeks into ozzy's band in atlantic city 1983, and in 1986 the ultimate sin tour......smoked some angel dust at the atlantic city show ( we got it there-didn't know it was laced!!!!!!!!!) and we were all tripping for both philly shows. despite being totally on cloud 9, i remember just watching in total awe at his performance. being a guitar player i try to see every guitar hero i grew up listening to....jake ranks as one of the top 5 players i've seen-awesome solos. wish he would come back with another band or solo-even unplugged would be great
I was at that same gig in Philly.I stood about 20 feet from the stage.Jake was right in front of me.What I noticed was how precise Jake was in his fingering.Every note rang clear.I thought Motley Crue's sound mix sucked!The band sounded weak as a result of a poor soundtech.Great memories!

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:02 pm

Boy, once again.

Glad to hear people trying to contribute to Badlands dates and stuff, but clearly Badlands never opened up for Cinderella.
Especially in late September. The double header tour ran from August thru the end of October, so this is pretty much impossible.

Plus Ciderella had a triple bill on that tour with Winger and BulletBoys so...unless of course you have a ticket stub that says Cinderella w/special guest Badlands then that would be interesting.

Sorry, just trying to keep this straight myself.

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...