Greg Chaisson

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Greg Chaisson

Postby tenfingersofdoom » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:09 pm

I've Googled Greg Chaisson a few times and not found a lot of current info. Is he still in the business ? I know Jeff Martin is quite busy.

Killer of Giants

Re: Greg Chaisson

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:49 pm

I communicate with Greg frequently as he's now endorsing my pedals. I spoke with him a few months ago about his current projects. He's in 2 bands right now (playing guitar...that's right, guitar :) ). One band is all original music and one is a cover band. One of the bands also includes his brother that was in Keel. He's also been doing a few sessions playing bass. He's in frequent contact with Jake and has expressed his desire to both Jake and Jeff to do a project together. He said it's entirely up to Jake at this point. He also mentioned that if Jake ever decided to tour again he would be more than happy to be playing bass, as all the songs on 'Retraced' Badlands would play at their sound checks.

He's also aware of this website and commented that he sometimes checks it out. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:32 pm

Well, Mr. Greg Chaisson is a big "busy" bee I see. Two bands huh, an orginal & cover bands: what are the bands called, if you don't mind me asking? I'm thrilled to hear that GREG is doing fine his a tremendeous out of sight Bassist in which he shines on everything he puts his Heart into. So, his playing Guitars in these bands that's a cool surprise and I bet he does well in that music style, as well & how sweet to have a family member jam with you: he wanted to work w/his wild brother for years & it seems the famous Chaisson brothers are doing just that. Hopefully, one day in the near and I mean "near" future his other BADLANDS brothers/Jake E. Lee & Jeff Martin in music crime will join forces and do a real nice low down gritty funk Hard Rock Blues album in honor of of their brother Sunshine Ray Gillen. 8) Peace!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:20 pm

Unfortunately I can't remember what he said the cover band was called. :( But I guess they play locally quite a bit. :)

When I asked if his originals band had a name He said "Why do you have a good name for us?" I laughed and said "No... just curious". :lol:

Funnee! :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:18 am

Deansolo wrote:I communicate with Greg frequently as he's now endorsing my pedals. I spoke with him a few months ago about his current projects. He's in 2 bands right now (playing guitar...that's right, guitar :) ). One band is all original music and one is a cover band. One of the bands also includes his brother that was in Keel. He's also been doing a few sessions playing bass. He's in frequent contact with Jake and has expressed his desire to both Jake and Jeff to do a project together. He said it's entirely up to Jake at this point. He also mentioned that if Jake ever decided to tour again he would be more than happy to be playing bass, as all the songs on 'Retraced' Badlands would play at their sound checks.

He's also aware of this website and commented that he sometimes checks it out. :)

Cool update, thanks! Greg seems to be a cool guy!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:32 pm

Damn that would be great if those 3 guys got together and toured and recorded some stuff. They would have to get a vocalist who was up to their standard but im sure they could pull it off.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:26 pm

It's good to hear that Greg, Jake and Jeff Martin are all on good terms. I knew Greg and Jake were but didn't know about Jeff Martin. I remember reading a Greg Chaisson interview that I think was dated 2002 and he was saying Jeff was whining about royalties or something. I know that Eric Singer has not talked to Jake since he left Badlands- he told me himself in a personal email.

Greg was a pretty cool bass player to watch live- the definition of the workingman's bass player. He's definitely among my favorites- I mean he kinda reminded me of an American version of Bob Daisley(my favorite bass player) in the fact that he was just a rock solid dude with a huge groove- just no B.S. just great bass playing.

Jeff Martin is a character- all of those guys have a great sense of humor and I'm just glad all 3 of those guys sorted it out, put the past behind them and are talking again. They were all a good fit with each other I thought and they stayed out of Jake's way enough and let him do his thing musically. I hope they do something again musically, if not to make money, just for the sake of having fun- isn't that what music is all about anyway? It seems that all our egomaniac rock heroes forget that sometimes. But then again, Jeff Martin lives in Tahoe, Jake lives in Vegas and Greg lives in Arizona so funs jams down in the basement probably aren't realistic- but we'll see what happens. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:25 am

I agree, it would be great to see these guys hook up again. There's plenty of good vocalist out there to do their music justice too. Hopefully, we'll see something out of them again......

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:27 pm

If you do read this forum from time to time Greg remember you will be remembered and appreciated by the BadLands army until the ending of the world......................

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:39 pm

Thanks, for trying Deansolo on GREG's bands names: like I said it's really cool his involved w/such heavy music Projects and his quite the "busy bee" gator Bassist & Guitarist :!: Peace and do hope that Greg, Jake & Jeff (and Eric) will gather together again, in Blue gritty gear for their music brother in crime Ray. God Bless! 8)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby FireandRain » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:03 pm

Ya know, I've always enjoyed Greg's bass playing. A real, no-nonsense, straight forward, stompy, bluesy player!

I finally gave in to my friends & got a My-Space profile. So, while searching around 1 night, I saw the name "Greg Chaisson". So I decided to check it out. If that really was him, it looks like he is a family guy - loverly wife & 2 adorable kids! - who's main "gig" now is being a great father & husband!

What ever he is doing these days, I hope he is truley happy! And knows there are several fans who would LOVE to see him play...and if it is with Jake &/or Jeff....well then, even better!
I'm not suffering from my addiction to Jake E. Lee - I'm enjoying every minute of it!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:01 pm

FireandRain wrote:Ya know, I've always enjoyed Greg's bass playing. A real, no-nonsense, straight forward, stompy, bluesy player!

I finally gave in to my friends & got a My-Space profile. So, while searching around 1 night, I saw the name "Greg Chaisson". So I decided to check it out. If that really was him, it looks like he is a family guy - loverly wife & 2 adorable kids! - who's main "gig" now is being a great father & husband!

What ever he is doing these days, I hope he is truley happy! And knows there are several fans who would LOVE to see him play...and if it is with Jake &/or Jeff....well then, even better!

That wouldn't surprise me at all. He seems to be a great, down-to-earth guy.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:25 pm

Chaisson and Martin made for a mean rhythm section. A sick blues album they made after Badlands was a band called Red Sea. Blood was the title of it and it rocked. Greg and Jeff are such a great combo. Chris Howell played the guitar and Robyn Kyle Basauri on (Gillen clone, almost) vocals. It was released in 1994.
Last edited by MrScary1971 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Fretman » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:56 pm

MrScary1971 wrote:Chaisson and Martin made for a mean rhythm section. A sick blues album they made after Badlands was a band called Blood. Red Sea was the title of it and it rocked. Greg and Jeff are such a great combo. Chris Howell played the guitar and Robyn Kyle Basauri on (Gillen clone, almost) vocals. It was released in 1994.

Yep...I liked that record.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby FireandRain » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:20 pm

Fretman wrote:
MrScary1971 wrote:Chaisson and Martin made for a mean rhythm section. A sick blues album they made after Badlands was a band called Blood. Red Sea was the title of it and it rocked. Greg and Jeff are such a great combo. Chris Howell played the guitar and Robyn Kyle Basauri on (Gillen clone, almost) vocals. It was released in 1994.

Yep...I liked that record.

Oh great. :roll: Now another E-Bay search is on!
I'm not suffering from my addiction to Jake E. Lee - I'm enjoying every minute of it!

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...