Badlands CD

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Badlands CD

Postby Loudnessnj » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Like a knucklehead,that I can be at times,I purchased a Badlands CD entitled,"World Premier",off of Ebay.Well,LOLLLLLLLLL It's a live bootleg.It's ok to have in my collection but if anyone here sees it on Ebay and may be tempted to bid on it,save your money.That's my advice.For a bootleg,it's ok but I'm sure money could be spent on better things with Jake E Lee collectables.Image

All Access Member

Re: Badlands CD

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:06 pm

Thanks for the heads up. What show was it?

Postby Loudnessnj » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:55 pm

Doesn't say on the cd.There is a date of 1989.It's a two cd set
1-Hard Driver
2-Ball and Chain
3-Dancing on the edge
4-Winter's call
5-Hope your Feeling better Santana cover
6-Rumblin' Train
7-Seasons
8-Devil's Stomp
9-Aimless Lady Grand Funk cover
10-Jade
11-Dreams in the dark
12-Streets cry freedom
13-Rock Steady Bad Company cover
14-Knows
15-High Wire
16-Get Ready Rare Earth cover

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:22 pm

I have a bootleg live in Concert BADLANDS Cd yet it's not titled "World Primier" and right now can't thank of the title: yet some of the songs you've mentioned like High Wire, Dreams In the Dark, Winter's Call etc.,. and some cover tunes by Santana's Hope Your Feeling Better & Rare Earth's Get Ready are indeed on it. I guess it's depends on the person taste in rather they like it or not and that's the individual's personal choose to do so as for myself I digg this live Badlands Cd (it's not the Live in Astoria/London 1992 Concert which has better sound qualities & totally kick out live Performances by the legendary BADLANDS-Ray Gillen-Vocals, Jake E. Lee-Guitars, Greg Chaisson-Bass & Jeff Martin-Drums) this one does not have as great of sound quality as the Badlands Astoria one does yet still it's pretty Hard Rocking & has strip down raw coolness to it. Mine, has a green sleeve covering and feel they/Badlands done a pretty awesome job covering some of those Classic hits from SANTANA & RARE EARTH. As well as doing their own Classic's, too..-I just wish with that particular bootleg the sound quality was clearer but none the less it is a treasure to have. Peace! :)

Postby jefnel1 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:42 pm

The bootleg you mentioned is Tokyo, Japan 6-13-89. I hate seeing these bootlegs on ebay - you know you're getting garbage quality stuff.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:48 am

There's too many dishonest sellers on ebay, so I don't us it much. I got burned big time when I thought I was buying an actual copy of the The Eternal Idol demos. I actually called the guy up on the phone and climbed his ass for it! He refunded my money, but he didn't advertise it as BURNED copies. The prick still sales them on there to this day too! :roll:

Return to All things Jake E Lee...