Have you seen Jake live? Please share where & when.

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Re: Have you seen Jake live? Please share where & when.

Postby AZFF » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:54 am

seasons.....you're gonna call me out and say that I didn't see Badlands open up for Cinderella? I was there and saw it with my own two eye's. And no....I wasn't drunk or high on any illegal substances. My fact's are true and correct Sir/Ma'am!

I also saw Cinderella at the Long Beach Arena where Winger opened up for them on Sunday, June 4, 1989.

PS-I do have the ticket stub in my possession, as I keep all of my ticket stubs from all show's that I have attended.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/ ... 090019.jpg

Thank you,
Arizona Firefighter (AZFF)

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:31 pm

Hey I'm not trying to challenge anyone I just wanna get the dates straight.

Based on what we know about this band and what tours they were on, this seems like a mistake to me. A lot of times when we are talking about shows from 20 years ago, people (myself included) get confused about who opened for who.

For Badlands to have done that, they would have had to jump off the Tesla/Great White tour just for that Cinderella show, then back on with T/GW. Anything is possible, this just isn't likely. So I was commenting based on the information at hand. And still based on that, until I see or hear of further proof, I still stick by my original comment. No offense intended, and if we get this confirmed and I'm wrong, I will gladly admit my error.

Peace.

Postby Loudnessnj » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:15 pm

seasons wrote:Hey I'm not trying to challenge anyone I just wanna get the dates straight.

Based on what we know about this band and what tours they were on, this seems like a mistake to me. A lot of times when we are talking about shows from 20 years ago, people (myself included) get confused about who opened for who.

For Badlands to have done that, they would have had to jump off the Tesla/Great White tour just for that Cinderella show, then back on with T/GW. Anything is possible, this just isn't likely. So I was commenting based on the information at hand. And still based on that, until I see or hear of further proof, I still stick by my original comment. No offense intended, and if we get this confirmed and I'm wrong, I will gladly admit my error.

Peace.
Seasons,it's a fact that Badlands did a few shows with Cinderella.They did six to seven shows only.How I know,a friend of mine was a member of Cinderella from 1986-1991.He remembers Jake E Lee and his band quite well.In fact a mutual friend of myself and my friend was dating Jake back then.A little background on me.I was 18 in 1984 as when Cinderella made their debut at a small club in NJ named The Galaxy.The same club that spawned Britny Fox,Heaven's Edge,etc...Well,I worked as a guitar tech back then for another band that in a few years later one of its members ended up joining Cinderella in late 1985-early 1986.I did play in a band then but wasn't the caliber of bands that were playing then.Anyway,my buddy has a collection of t-shirts from his past gigs,one of them is Badlands/Cinderella.He has a bunch of stuff.I believe in sometime in 1991 my bud joined Blackeyed Susan.After that he had done minimal work and to this day he teaches music in NJ.Take care and thanks for the little bit of controversy.It spices the board up a little bit!,LOLLLLLL

Postby jefnel1 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:29 pm

Thanks for clearing the air on this one. You must be speaking of Fred Coury. Saw him live with Cinderella in 1986 opening for Bon Jovi. They kicked major ass and even though the girls were there for Bon Jovi, all the guys were there to see Cinderella.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:59 pm

No, he might be refering to Rick Criniti (sp?) the keyboard player. Well this is definitely news to me. Thanks for your comments, I'm gonna have to do some more digging in this area.

Postby aldo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:10 am

Edinburgh Playhouse 16th Feb 1986. I think Ratt were supporting that night.

Postby crystaldawn68 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:37 am

I finally stumbled across a web site I purely enjoy. I got the great opportunity to see Jake E Lee perform at the Gaumont Theatre in Ipswich England. It was in 1986 and he was playing with Ozzy for the Ultimate Sin Tour. I noticed that the tour info on this site said unknown for this venue, well I know where it was. I had the pleasure of seeing many bands at this venue. I also stood in line forever to get Jake E Lee's autograph on the Ultimate Sin Tour Program and so did my Brother.

Now the question I pose for all you fans....what band opened for Ozzy in 1986 at the Ipswich Gaumont. Was it Trooper or Statetrooper. I have 3 autographs from this unknow band on the same program, but have no clue which one it is. I had a little too much of the good ol' british lager at this concert so memories are kind of liquified.

Crystal

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:14 pm

Welcome to the board, Crystal :)

Postby crystaldawn68 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:31 pm

Thank you for the welcome. Now I need to read all messages to see what is going on in Jake's world. I would love to see him again. Amazing. I know it was guitarist like him that made me pick up a guitar. I even bought a charvel from thouroughbred music in Florida and had it shipped to England. :-)

Crystal

Postby soulstealer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:32 pm

1991...London Astoria.....was right up front on the barrier in front of Jake.Ray Gillen stepped on my hand when I had it on the monitor.I have some great pics that I need to get scanned.Bo Bice was at the show with me,believe it or not.

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:27 pm

Not. Bo would have been 14 then.

Was that supposed to be funny?

Postby maxasianmuscle » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:25 pm

In 1983 or early 1984, two brothers aged 15 and 17, went to their 2nd concert ever (Kiss was the first), and was determined to watch at the front of "the pit". I remember how scary and amazing it was to have the crowd come to life and basically rush closer to the stage when the lights went out.
BTW, I was the younger kid... we got to maybe 5th row and we were fighting to stay upright and alive. Everyone was headbaning so hard that their sweat was spraying everywhere. I was wearing a shirt/sweatshirt/denim jacket and I soaked through.

It's still like a dream to me... while we were desperately trying to make sure we did not get trampled, we were mesmerized by Jake's playing and his passion...I was in awe at how good he sounded and how crazy the crowd was. Just an incredible show -- one that I remember to this day.
Here are some tidbits...
* Tommy Aldridge's drum riser was soooo fricken high that I could barely see him
* Ozzy either threw up on stage or just spit up a bunch of guck
* Opening act was Slade -- they got boo'd off the stage
* After show buzz was on Jake and Tommy -- alot of Japanese rising
sun paraphenalia and Jake stuff was sold that nite -- everyone had
Jake stuff in their hands in the parking lot..
* The whole show was about Jake and Tommy -- I left not feeling very
excited about watching Ozzy. I just wanted to see Jake play again..
PEACE!!1
MAX

Youth today seems less fun and more dangerous...

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Badseeddbs » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:21 pm

Okay, there is an auction ebay for a ticket stub for Ozzy at the cow palace date was wenesday March 18th 1984.

I lost my ozzy stub ,but I did find mine for the voodoo highway show

Bangles nightclub, Glendale Colorado September 3rd 1991.

If I find anymore I will post them Jeff !

Postby jefnel1 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:46 am

Thanks for the update Badseeddbs. You must have meant Salt Palace - Cow Palace is in San Francisco.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Badseeddbs » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:27 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ozzy-Osbourne-84-Ti ... 0094808809

nope, San Fransico cow palace. I blew up the pic so I could get the date on it. :)

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...