Randy Rhoads died 25 years ago on 19th March 2007

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Randy Rhoads died 25 years ago on 19th March 2007

Postby MetalHead » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:50 am

I would if I could, but it would involve a plainticket to the US
and that's pretty expensive :(
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Randy Rhoads died 25 years ago on 19th March 2007

Postby bubbles » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:55 am

Do any of the members here plan to be at the ceremony in Mountain view cemetary, San Bernadino, CA on the 19th March.

A documentary is being filmed partly on the 19th so I think it will be worth going along and paying your respects. I have been told that Randy's fans will be interviewed and given the chance to say how much Randy means to them. The Rhoads family will be talking to the fans and will be giving Randy fans the chance to see some of Randy's things.

I read on www.ultimaterhoads.com (jakeelee.com's sister site) that they have presentations taking place on behalf of the site. They are holding a collection for donations to help fund the presentation, its in a sticky on the General section. I think it is worth checking out Ultimate Rhoads and perhaps giving a donation, they have some awesome free boot shows on download so it's like giving something back :) .

I see that skezza is a Mod here :) he is Admin over at Ultimate Rhoads so perhaps he can share some secrets with us :lol:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby bubbles » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:36 am

Quick up date

Frank, a close friend of Randy and his family, has asked members of www.ultimaterhoads.com to add a comment to his thread called 'letters to the Rhoads family'
He will be presenting the letters to them next week at ceremony in San Bernadino, any one who loves Randy can let the family know how important Randy is to them by adding a comment. The thread can be found in the general section. :)

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:35 pm

I saw images/photos of the resting place of the late great legendary Mr. Randy Rhoads it's really grand & peaceful looking there: it's nice that a special ceremony Tribute/film documentary is being down on him & that the fans are welcome to be there voiceing their admiration for their Guitar Hero. Mountainview/San Bernadino is a really lovely place been to that City a couple of times during the early 80's so it's cool that the RHOADS Tribute Ceremony will be there: I know it's going to be a mixture of Heartbreak & sadness for he passed away much to soon but also a mixture of rejoice of a young man/musician that turned the Universe upside down with his Electric works & co-works. Much respects to the RANDY RHOADS Family. There's a really heavenly special issue of Randy Rhoads along w/Duane Allman and Dimebag Darrell Abbott titled Guitar Legends in GUITAR WORLD/April 2007 issue: nice to know that Grover Jackson famous luthier Guitar craftman origional Randy Rhoads V Guitar was found by a very admiring fan by the name of Sean. God Bless :!:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby bubbles » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:51 am

I agree Shadow I think that it will be a pleasent day and he I and the family deserve the utmost of respect on that sad day.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...