A Bio on Jake and some of his guitars!!!

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

A Bio on Jake and some of his guitars!!!

Postby MrScary1971 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:23 am

Maybe some of you have seen this before or maybe not. I enjoyed the hell outta this and hope you guys and gals do also. Rock on :twisted:

http://www.celebrityrockstarguitars.com ... e_jake.htm

Killer of Giants

Re: A Bio on Jake and some of his guitars!!!

Postby MetalHead » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:33 am

it's the same biography that's posted here. word for word.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby jefnel1 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:08 am

Yeah that's pretty funny - must have been stolen from here directly. I obtained Jake's bio and the Badlands bio from the actual published documents from the fan club and press kits. I actually reworded some of the typos in the Kamikaze fan club bio and those changes are on that link.

Thanks for the link. I have a new picture of Jake with Ed Roman for the gallery now.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:33 pm

Speaking of people ripping off this site, Jeff have you seen the Ray Gillen myspace page? That isn't yours right? Cause that dude just ripped a ton of pics and stuff from this site. Some of Daisy's and everything. Pretty weak if you ask me. You should hassle him on this.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:08 am

I went to Ed Roman's site to get a quote for a custom Lynch Skull and Snakes guitar and found George's bio. Then I looked to see if Jake had one and posted it here. I posted the Lynch pics on George's site as well.
The hilarious part about this is many people warned me about dealing with Ed Roman but he specializes in left-handed models especially P.R.S. I posted the Bio's on both sites and got just about the same reaction. :roll:

P.S. Jake is in Vegas supposedly, and Ed's shop is there also. Maybe Jake gave him permission to use the bio? Just a thought.
Last edited by MrScary1971 on Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jefnel1 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:35 am

The funniest part to me is that Ed Roman used to be located in CT at East Coast Music Mall. I've dealt with him a couple of times. Not sure why he's gotten such a bad rap, but other than him being a little arrogant, I didn't have any problems.

People have been ripping off other sites since the inception of the Internet. It used to piss me off, but I really don't care anymore.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:30 am

I was in Vegas a few weeks ago visiting my friend Mike V. All the guys in the industry I talked to made a point to tell me not to have any dealings with Ed Roman...He's a shyster :lol:.

And yeah Jake IS in Vegas. :) Although I didn't get to see him (I was only there 2 days and had a full schedule), the guys at Cowtown Guitars said he's in there all the time. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Badseeddbs » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:34 pm

Roman will sell you a replica and swear its an original. He makes fakes and passes them off as real, which is a lousy thing to do to customer.I cant make it any clearer then that.

I may have to camp out at Cowtown sometime this summer :)

All Access Member

Postby Richard » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:51 am

I was happy & disapointed to see a new picture of JAKE sited at Ed Roman's Store in Vegas .
About two years ago I went to Vegas to gamble and do the tourist thing and when to Ed Roman's Store had alot of nice guitars he showed me his
custom Shop etc. people that work for him are desent but they cann't do anything or make a deal without King Ed Roman's Okay.
I was going to purchase one of his 5150 guitar kits he had one of mindless
counter people write a sale slip King Ed walks away to get guitar kit & starts talking to someone after waiting over 45 minutes or more I took the sale's slip riped it up took sale slip and walk out of the store I could say more but it's getting late.
Every bad thing that you ever hear is true aviod him at any cost. :evil:

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:27 am

Guys, I have heard this from A LOT of people and the stories sound very familiar. I think someone of George's forum posted one positive experience but that's about it. Again, thanks for the warnings but at least it is good to hear Jake is out and about. I hope he is happy with whatever he is doing but I would really like to see him record again very soon. He one of the very best.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:49 pm

That's pretty interesting and must say alot have been barreled infor/photos etc.,. taken/stolen from this original Website JakeELee.com, that Webmaster Jefnel1 poured his Heart into designing & created it. All I have to say is I'm glad for this "authentic" Website JakeELee.com that Webmaster Jefnel1 created in fame legendary Guitarist Jake E. Lee's honor of his Music Career & Classic works. "I must say though the pic of Jake in the Guitar shop/with the Owner/Ed Roman's I presume with all those Guitars on the Wall in the background" is a pretty cool rare gem pic of JAKE & it looks recent :!:

All Access Member

Postby Richard » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:17 pm

I am very happy to see jake out and about going to different music store in the Vegas area.
I hope no one was a fended by what I said about Ed Roman & people that work for Ed Roman just my opinion .
I couldn't work for someone like him. that's just me. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:34 pm

That seems to be the consensus opinion Richard. Duping people out of their hard earned money is despicable especially guitarists. I wonder how many fakes have been passed off as originals.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...