Jake's paranoid solo

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Jake's paranoid solo

Postby Gonzo » Thu May 10, 2007 11:36 am

Anyone know the basics (tab wise) for his Paranoid solo that he did at most of the gigs?

Cheers

Re: Jake's paranoid solo

Postby BEERHOTFOOD » Mon May 21, 2007 11:32 am

Hi Gonzo-

That solo inspired my playing maybe more than any other solo I had ever heard-I have a copy of the us fest, where it sounded the cleanest. I used to play that solo live when i gigged around in the late 80's.I'll try to remember it and get it to you- I do remember that the solo is in E minor-
(pentatonic and natural) but that I used the F# Locrian-three notes per string for the final phrase. Jake really created what I call "complex riffing"
a repetitive basic pattern but much more complex than what had ever been done before. By the way check out my pics of my latest WAYNE guitar-the whitey-I have just ordered a gold sparkle strat-should be done by the Charvels in about a year. I'm glad theres someone else out there who was as taken as i was by that solo, and by jake during that time frame-83-85
PAUL

All Access Member

Postby Gonzo » Mon May 21, 2007 11:42 am

Hi, thanks for the reply!

Where can I see your whitey?

Thanks for trying to remember the solo, hope you can work it out!

If possible could you tab it in guitar pro?

Cheers

Postby BEERHOTFOOD » Mon May 21, 2007 12:04 pm

hey Gonzo-

Its in this forum-under beerhotfood- 'my latest wayne guitar'-so surf the jake talk forum, its there.Give me some time to shake out the cobwebs work out the solo.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed May 23, 2007 11:16 am

What forum site are guys talking about? I would like to see. I just got GP5, what a cool app that is. Well worth the price.

All Access Member

Postby Gonzo » Wed May 23, 2007 11:21 am

I just downloaded GP5 lol.

mrmetal, do you want to join us in tabbing a few songs? Would be good to have you join us!

CHeers

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed May 23, 2007 12:47 pm

Hey Gonzo... To be honest, I am not much of a tabber, but I can give it a shot. I have been wanting to get into it a bit, so if you guys don't mind dealing with a newbie and what will probably be some horriffic tabbing in the begining, sure... There is a couple of Schenker songs I want to see in tab.

I bought GP5 at a retail place going out of business, so I got it a good discount. I remember that GP3, GP4 would let you keep using it even after the trial period, you just couldn't print it out and some other things. When they came out with this version, when it said 30 days they meant 30 freaking days and that was it. The new real sound engine is pretty cool.

All Access Member

Postby Gonzo » Wed May 23, 2007 12:55 pm

I suck at it too, don't worry. You got msn? If so, PM me it :D

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed May 23, 2007 5:08 pm

BLACK SABBATH's "Paronoid" is a total far out there Classic song and I love how the electric Rebel Guitarist Jake E. Lee so "cleverly" executed whole Heart N Soul that masterpiece by Black Sabbath with emotional passions. You Rock, JAKE and so does the legendary Icon band Black Sabbath. :twisted: 8O 8) Peace & much respects!

Return to All things Jake E Lee...