How come Jake don't post here?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Re: How come Jake don't post here?

Postby skezza » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:00 pm

I think Jake is probably a great guy!!! ive got a friend who met him and he was polite cheerful and pleasent :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:09 am

skezza wrote:I think Jake is probably a great guy!!! ive got a friend who met him and he was polite cheerful and pleasent :)

Such was my experience. 8)

Postby jakebrake » Thu May 31, 2007 10:13 am

i met jake. he was kind and gentle. just seemed like a cool guy, when as a guitar god in 1986, he could have been a jerk. like others i have met...

All Access Member

Postby Gonzo » Thu May 31, 2007 3:07 pm

Deansolo wrote:
frethead wrote:You know, I've got to tell you guys something and I'm not very proud of it . . .
About ten years ago ( what???! OMG!) , I was "private messaging" with a guy that said he was Jake. Back then, I didn't believe him, and I treated him like a jackass when I wasn't asking questions about certain licks, riffs, techniques, etc.,etc.,etc., that I had banged my head against more than one hard wall trying to dig-up, open and straighten-out, which he answered with humbling gratitude. I was a big time, full time drunken a$$hole back then, and I realize now that, in all the time that's passed since then, I haven't ever taken the time to figure out that I actually was in communication with the very Jake E. Lee, himself. I am totally ashamed and have burdened my self to earn the opportunity for apology, for I believe I have contributed to this fine fellow's, whom we all think so much of, decision to abstain from participating in the posts which concern him, or in the least, remaining in-cognito while moving amongst the den of his endearing fans. Lest it be said, I have dried-out, stopped abusing alcohol, stopped smoking, gotten married and put both of my wide, flat feet fully on Mother Glorious. It's as if the "fog of war" had lifted. Would anybody possessing the proper lines of communication give a message to Jake that I would like to PM with him? Truly, a huge load will be lifted off of my chest; however, I am putting forth this effort to remedy any pain and/or pressure my behavior has caused Mr. Jake E. Lee. May I also say that we all seem to be in agreement at Jake E. Lee.com, and would jump at the chance to be able to converse directly with you, Jake. Thankyou.
Tommy, at this point, this issue is probably something you're gonna have to just live with... I'm sorry to say. I don't think any amount of apologizing is gonna influence Jake into posting on this board again. I think he's well over the rockstar thing (but I could be wrong) and since he's such a private guy, and so hard to get a hold of, I'm not sure the few people that have his contact info will be able to do anything to help clear this up... But hopefully, Mr. Lee himself will read your post, send you a P.M. and give you the opportunity to get this load off your chest.

Lets cross our fingers and hope he reads your post. :)

Did Jake used to post? Show me a post if so!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu May 31, 2007 5:16 pm

He posted before the board was revamped a couple of years ago. Haven't seen him on here since, unless it's been incognito.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu May 31, 2007 6:37 pm

The Elusive Mr. Jake E. Lee is ever present and around: And has posted here beforehand on previous Jake E. Lee messageboards here offering his sincere thanks for the fans that are in support of him & this amazing music Website that is in his honor. When the time is right I'm sure the Elusive Rebel JAKE da Oge will make his presents known once more but until that time well da Oge is watching. Hee, heeee.... 8) :twisted: :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu May 31, 2007 6:41 pm

Shadow, did your crystal ball tell you that?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu May 31, 2007 6:55 pm

YELP, in total wicked-fun spades too! da Oge, style! :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Gonzo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:41 am

That would be awesome if he posted again. I`m sure he`d got bombarded with questions!!

Postby jakebrake » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 pm

just another .02 on this.. I am also a fan of Steve Vai, and after posting a review of his latest CD, he PMed me, and it meant so much.

Steve also posts from time to time, but more keeps a blog. I hate to sound sarcastic, but Steve is also much busier than Jake, with a ton of projects in the past, present, and future, family and travel.

I wish Jake put out more stuff. However, I really think if I was that level of talent (jake and steve) I would live much more like jake.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:58 am

There is an old saying "Never judge a man until you walked a mile in his shoes". Jake, whatever your doing as long as your happy is all that matters.

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...