Jake, way underrated.

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Jake, way underrated.

Postby macheted01 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:08 pm

Hey folks, new to the board here. In the new issues of Guitar Edge and Guitar World they have some tabs of Jakes work with Ozzy. Which I was glad to see. Upon reading the Ozzy interviews, he never mentions Jake once. As a matter of fact he said that he wished that The Ultimate Sin pretty much never existed, along with one of his more recent releases. Whats the deal man? I've always liked Bark At The Moon and The Ultimate Sin, but never discovered Jakes true ability till Badlands. I hope Jake reemerges soon.

Re: Jake, way underrated.

Postby Fretman » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:34 pm

Welcome to the board!

Postby jaimeas2007 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:33 pm

Hi,

I have always thought Jake is as every bit as good as Eddie in ability. I used to do lights at a club in San Diego, Straightahead Sound and did so for Teaser on a couple of occasions. I was only about 17 at the time. They were a really good band for sure. I am happy to see he has a follwing as he certainly deserves to be heard and known.
What is up with him these days?

J

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:40 am

macheted01 wrote:Hey folks, new to the board here. In the new issues of Guitar Edge and Guitar World they have some tabs of Jakes work with Ozzy. Which I was glad to see. Upon reading the Ozzy interviews, he never mentions Jake once. As a matter of fact he said that he wished that The Ultimate Sin pretty much never existed, along with one of his more recent releases. Whats the deal man? I've always liked Bark At The Moon and The Ultimate Sin, but never discovered Jakes true ability till Badlands. I hope Jake reemerges soon.

Welcome to the board Machete!!! Nice post. Jake is simply awesome and definitely very underrated. As far as Ozzy is concerned, he has complained about every release except Diary and Blizzard. Truth is, he has no one to blame but himself. The main reason I listened to Ozzy are because of Randy, Jake and Zakk. The guitars to me have been the best part of the songs. Ozz is too busy trying to stay trendy instead of making great metal records anymore. The newest travesty Black Rain is a testament to just how far the Ozzman has fallen. :roll:

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:53 am

Thanks for your responses. I just recently received some good stuff, which I'm sure most of you already have. I got the Ultimate Sin tour DVD and Dag The Giblets on VHS. In any case I am part owner of a tattoo and accessory shop and have been playing these while working. People come in and are like who's that, refering to Jake. Its unreal, the response I have been getting from these. The fact that people know the music and just dont know the man behind it. I am refering to the Ozzy stuff. People know even less of Badlands. I now have quite a few people hooked on Badlands. I love this stuff. I need more. I am from the thicker parts of Michigan and like to refer to it as good ole swamp stomp music.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:19 pm

macheted01 wrote:Thanks for your responses. I just recently received some good stuff, which I'm sure most of you already have. I got the Ultimate Sin tour DVD and Dag The Giblets on VHS. In any case I am part owner of a tattoo and accessory shop and have been playing these while working. People come in and are like who's that, refering to Jake. Its unreal, the response I have been getting from these. The fact that people know the music and just dont know the man behind it. I am refering to the Ozzy stuff. People know even less of Badlands. I now have quite a few people hooked on Badlands. I love this stuff. I need more. I am from the thicker parts of Michigan and like to refer to it as good ole swamp stomp music.

Badlands is sinfully underrated as is Mr Lee. I still listen to all 3 Badlands discs on a regular basis and I always seem to hear things on them I didn't notice before. Just a great band. Hey Machete, did you know Greg Chaisson and Jeff Martin made a Badlands-esque release in 1994. The band is called Blood and the album is called Red Sea. Robyn Basauri is the vocalist and shredder Chris Howell is the guitarist. I found it on Amazon.com years ago. It's pretty good IMO and gave me yet another badly needed Badlands fix. Check it out.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:31 am

No, I was unaware of that project. I will check it out. Thanks for the input.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...