what is it?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

what is it?

Postby jay_bee » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:08 am

does anyone know what the wire from from the input jack to bridge onjakes white charvel is for? im currently building a replica and was wondering if its worth adding. i have one more question, does anyone have tabs from bark at the album? some parts of songs i just cant figure out. i guess i should learn to play :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Re: what is it?

Postby Deansolo » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:20 am

jay_bee wrote:does anyone know what the wire from from the input jack to bridge onjakes white charvel is for? im currently building a replica and was wondering if its worth adding.

That's the ground (earth) wire. It must be added. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Postby jefnel1 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:34 pm

Yeah there's been discussions on that little wire on here before. I think what probably happened was the "Earth" ground from the jack to the bridge that routes trough the body probably got disconnected or loose. So it was hooked up hastily over the top.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Postby skezza » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:17 am

yes, that may well of been the case. Could it of been for an early wireless system? I know they were really unreliable.
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:48 am

skezza wrote:yes, that may well of been the case. Could it of been for an early wireless system? I know they were really unreliable.

Maybe. Unreliable by nowadays standards for sure....But I'm pretty sure Nady had wireless systems with the 'beltpack' transmitter in use by the late 70's.

I'd really be surprised if it isn't the earth ground. As Jefnel1 said, it was probably just a 'hurry-up' fix.
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:47 am

On all fender Hard tails (which is what Jakes is ) you can also ground it from the Jack to that body under the pick guard by using a washer wich you solder the wire on the screw into the body. under the pots before you put the pickgaurd and pickups to the Body.

I had yo re-wire one of my strats that way about a year ago Because Fender messed up when the put the thing together . it still works great .

hope that helps
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:19 am

stratattack wrote:On all fender Hard tails (which is what Jakes is ) you can also ground it from the Jack to that body under the pick guard by using a washer wich you solder the wire on the screw into the body. under the pots before you put the pickgaurd and pickups to the Body.

I had yo re-wire one of my strats that way about a year ago Because Fender messed up when the put the thing together . it still works great .

hope that helps

Yep, you're right about that stratattack. Mine's grounded from the 'sleeve' of the jack to the spring claw. As long as that wire is attached firmly (soldered) to something metal, which in turn is screwed into the body, you should have no problem. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com

Return to All things Jake E Lee...