Jake in Randy Rhoads movie???

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake in Randy Rhoads movie???

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:20 pm

MetalHead wrote:Mr Scary, you know why Joe Holmes was picked over Alex Skolnick?
Joe had longer hair, and Sharon freaked out when he one day cut it
to shoulderlength :?

Same thing goes with George and Jake.
The reason Jake was picked was that he had longer
hair than Lynch. Ozzy has, in interviews, admit that George
was the better player :?

Yah, I hear ya but to me the 'Hair Stories" are just bullshit to me. Ozzy has had some guitarists with some bad hair before. Bernie Torme, Brad Gillis, Joe Holmes looked like Cousin It from the Addams Family. Yes, George Lynch had that horrible 2 toned Kaja-Goo-Goo haircut like the 80's and Sharon hated his booger green Tiger stripe guitar but hair was not the reason. George said he had a hard time re-creating Randy's parts and had 2 weeks to learn the material. Well, it was more than Ozzy was willing to wait. Could hair be a factor? yes, we all know the Osbournes are superficial. George was also only offered $250.00 bucks a week to be Ozzy's guitarist and he wasn't thrilled with that either. As far as Alex Skolnick, i read that Savatage came calling with a better offer and Alex already new Jon and Co. from touring with Testament. But you could be right about that.

As far as George being better than Jake that is my opinion and a subjective one at that. I think Jake is truly awesome and the case could be made for him being better than George. Truth is George couldn't cut it twice for Ozzy and if it was hair why ask him back for a second chance in the first place? Jake got the gig and kicked ass despite replacing Randy and dealing with a boozed and drugged up Ozzy. Ted Nugent who hates every guitarist but himself once said that Jake was the best young guitar player he had ever seen. I also find myself struggling with Jake's guitar parts more than some other of my idols. But, you can take that for what it's worth LOL. Nice chatting Metalhead.

I also think Akira Takasaki is way underrated also but that's another thread for another day. Peace bro.

All Access Member

Postby snowden7772 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:05 am

it may be true.i have heard sharon fired lee kerslake because of his beard.csn you imagine breaking up thre blizzard lineup because of a beard.zakk had to be in the band 20 years before he could grow one.lol

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:33 am

snowden7772 wrote:it may be true.i have heard sharon fired lee kerslake because of his beard.csn you imagine breaking up thre blizzard lineup because of a beard.zakk had to be in the band 20 years before he could grow one.lol

I heard about the Kerslake thing too but I think it's a clever ruse to avoid paying royalties to Lee and Mr Daisley. :roll:

Postby AngusYoung01 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:16 am

skezza wrote:You know Dean, that would be fantastic. Theres going to be lots of interviews in this documentary and trust me, i'm so glad this documentary is happening, but if there is anyone i would love to see, it would be Jake. Just saying possibly how influenced he was (Even if it was only a bit) would make me happy.

I didn't even know there was a film coming out 8O

Yey :)

Hi everyone by the way 8)

All Access Member

Postby Gonzo » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:59 am

Angus from the Bareknuckle forums?

All Access Member

Postby rob919 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:51 am

just read this on blabbermouth thought i d post it incase you guys could help

The makers of the new documentary film about late OZZY OSBOURNE/QUIET RIOT guitarist Randy Rhoads have issued the following update:

"As most of you are probably aware, our list of interview subjects is quite extensive. Most people have been located and I've have conversations with them about participating in the film. As we get towards the end of filming, we are finding that there are a few people who are still un-found. Having exhausted most Internet searches and friends/family, I am going to leave it up to the fans to help find the missing pieces."

The filmmakers are looking to contact the following people:

* Scott Shelley - Randy's guitar teacher
* Harold Friedman - early QUIET RIOT roadie
* Grace Miller - Friend
* Pete Mertons - Randy's guitar tech during his years with OZZY OSBOURNE
* Jake E. Lee - one of Randy's replacements in OZZY OSBOURNE's band

If you know how to contact any of the above, send an e-mail to fullshred_2000@yahoo.co.uk.

A number of photos taken at Randy Rhoads's gravesite at the Mountain View Cemetery in San Bernardino, CA on March 19, 2007 to mark the 25th anniversary of Randy's passing have been posted online at this location.

With the blessings of the family of late OZZY OSBOURNE/QUIET RIOT guitarist Randy Rhoads, Dakota Pictures and director Peter Margolis began filming the "Randy Rhoads Documentary" on March 19 at the Mountain View Cemetery. In hopes to fully capture the significance of the 25th anniversary of Randy's passing, the filmmakers interviewed as many of Randy's fans as possible.

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/randyrhoadsfilm.

In 1982, Rhoads, the then-lead guitarist for OZZY OSBOURNE, and two others were killed at Flying Baron Estates, just outside Leesburg, Florida, when their small plane struck Osbourne's tour bus, then crashed into a mansion.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:26 pm

I noticed Jake is on the www.myspace.com/randyrhoadsfilm list of friends. So......maybe he did the interview.

Postby skezza » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:08 am

evilaudio wrote:I noticed Jake is on the www.myspace.com/randyrhoadsfilm list of friends. So......maybe he did the interview.
From what i know, he didnt :( It may just be mutual respect :) 8)
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:08 pm

Will this film documentary on the "25th Anniversary of Randy Rhoads" that's in association with Dakota pictures be release in DVD format: for the music fans out there(?) It should be...'I know that the young virturoso Guitar legend Randy Rhoads died quite young in a tragic accident & hope that the film will "also" display his life in celebration of his living/for he'd "lived" a very rich and passionate life and his Spirit lives on in his Classic heartfelt music & in that itself will put a glow on ones' face that has been touched by Rhoads Soul. As for the many esteem musicians rather there were able to be present or not in this Documentary/filmed by Peter Margolis for the "25th Anniversary of Randy Rhoads"...'Much respects goes out to them as well: Jake E. Lee, Zakk Wylde, Rudy Sarzo & Ozzy Osbourne, etc.,. for your heartfelt inputs & groovin' talents in bringing our/the fans ultmost attentions to a great music genius Mr. Randy Rhoads/his energies shall live on forever more. :D :cry: 8) Godbless!

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...