What About....

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

What About....

Postby Stratmaster90 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:32 am

The remaining members of Badlands joining up with David Coverdale?
I've been listening to The first Badlands CD and I can just hear David rippin up those tracks!
Whadda ya think?
Strat

Killer of Giants

Re: What About....

Postby MetalHead » Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:38 am

now that you mention it ...

David Coverdale is kinda' remiscent of Ray Gillen 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:32 am

David's band on the In The The Still Of The Night dvd is pretty Reb Beach, Tommy Aldridge,Tim Drury,Marco Mendoza,and Doug Aldrich.

Pretty good gig too give up !

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:10 am

That and Whitesnake and Deep Purple were way more successful than Badlands. David would never take the "step backwards" so to speak. Would be cool though.....

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:04 am

not to mention, he has worked with some really great guitarists :)

not saying that Jake isn't great, but ... Ritchie Blackmore 8O
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:48 am

David Is My Favourite Vocalist for So Long (28 Years) along with Glenn Hughes..(I'm a Singer Remember) But David Couldn't Match Ray Now...in 70's..80's Possibly...Now NO....Jake Needs to Get Me his band!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:56 am

Charvelised wrote:David Is My Favourite Vocalist for So Long (28 Years) along with Glenn Hughes..(I'm a Singer Remember) But David Couldn't Match Ray Now...in 70's..80's Possibly...Now NO....Jake Needs to Get Me his band!

Ray was one in a million, no doubt about that. Funny thing about getting older, things don't work as well as when you were younger. :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:54 am

Speak for yourself! ;)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:57 pm

Deansolo wrote:Speak for yourself! ;)

I wasn't talking about myself Dean. :lol:

I knew you wouldn't admit to it, so I had to speak up. :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:16 pm

Badlands and Whitesnake are two individually unique bands, yes one is more successful then the other/WHITESNAKE did not have to face losing their lead Vocalist/Leader the ever groovin' David Coverdale and sadly Badlands did experience a painful lose of their own Vocalist the gritty Swan Ray Gillen at such a young age & early time in their highly esteem band. I "love" and greatly "admire" both Hard Rock/Blues bands to heart and although their both Bluesy Rock bands their quite very different from the other: Badlands have a more raw Bayou Blues grooves' and Whitesnake more of a sensual Blues groove vibe to their sound. Both bands are masters at what their've accomplished and I can see the remaining members of BADLANDS Jake, Greg & Jeff and Eric doing any style of music they wish and can certainly add their unique imputs in many Rawhide/Rock/Heavy Metal/Blues Bayou etc.,. bands out there! Peace...

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:00 am

Shadow wrote:WHITESNAKE did not have to face losing their lead Vocalist/Leader the ever groovin' David Coverdale and sadly Badlands did experience a painful lose of their own Vocalist the gritty Swan Ray Gillen at such a young age & early time in their highly esteem band.

I'm not sure I agree on that.
Wasn't Ray out of the band before his passing ?

Postby Winter » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:04 am

Hi

Havent posted here in a while, but would like to say a big hello to Shadow and Shredder 1....this is Winter from Ireland.
My opinion on the whole Coverdale/Badlands lineup ever getting back together is that it probably will never happen. Coverdale is busy with Whitesnake and Eric Singer is still with Alice Cooper. Jake is off doing his own thing and Greg is probably doing session musician stuff. Badlands will not be the same without Ray Gillen anyway, they did 3 good albums, but that was their legacy. Somtimes whenever you try to recreate lineups without one of the original members it is jsut disaster. Look at all the Sabbath lineups. I am not saying Ronnie James, Ray, and the others didnt do a good job, but Sabbath isnt Sabbath wtihout Ozzy. Glenn Hughes, one of my favourite vocalists, even said that he should never have been recruited to Sabbath, nor even Ian Gillen. They were much better suited to Deep Purple.
Just my opinion.
Winter

Return to All things Jake E Lee...