tour date

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

tour date

Postby jkrocks2112 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:43 pm

I'm goimg crazy. Did anyone see Badlands when they were on tour
with Tesla and Great White. To my recall it was in the years between 88-90', Please someone help.

All Access Member

Re: tour date

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:51 pm

I saw that tour 8/26/89 8) It was the only time that I got to see Badlands.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:36 pm

If I knew then what I know now I would've figured out some way to make it to that show. :cry: :( I was too young to drive at the time, so I just missed out.

~Brian~

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:50 pm

I bet it was totally heavy rockin' with such amazing electricity from Tesla and Badlands & headliner Great White all thundering down the House. I just recently seen TESLA at the State Fair/August 17th and they really put on a great Concert show :!: Hopefully in the near future it would be cool to see the remaining members of Badlands Jake E. Lee & Co (Greg & Jeff and Eric) to join forces & Rock down the house, again in honor of their brother Ray Gillen. Peace. 8)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby guitarninja » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:31 pm

I'm too lazy to scan the ticket stub-but here is the info on it
Tesla/Great White
Florida state fairgrounds expo hall Tues. Aug 1st 1989 7:30p
general admission $16.50
As you can see Badlands was not even listed on the ticket. This was the only Badlands show I ever saw, and would not see Jake in concert again until March of '94. Hope this is useful info to you-it sure does bring back a flood of memories looking at all of these old tickets.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Tonefiend » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:43 am

I saw them in Minneapolis on that tour. Also at Riverfest in St. Paul, and twice at the Bachannal in San Diego. Jake rocked each time! St Paul was the best though and there is audio and pics from that show here on Jake E. Lee dot come. I took the pics and was standing next to the guy with the tape recorder.

The tour with Tesla sort of sucked because they only got to play for 45 minutes on a huge stage. The club shows were much better!

Postby CRF250FAN » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:16 am

I had tickets to see them in '88 when they went to North Carolina. About 10 of us loaded into a small truck and went almost 100 miles to see them. By the time we got in Badflands was walking off the stage and tesla was comming out. Then we had to sit through the train wreck that was Great White.

All Access Member

Postby snowden7772 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:39 pm

i seen them on this tour.in dayton oh. @ hara arena.great white got sick from pizza hut was the story so badlands got extra time.at the time i was dissapointed to not see great white, but now i consider myself lucky to see extra badlands!there is a dvd that claims to be of this show from multiple camera angles but that is incorrect.after getting both cpoies if it i determined that is not the right venue for the dvd.jake was wearing some sort of knee brace like he wore in the winters call video for mtv.i am happy to see any videos though but sadly i am afraid the show i seen is not out there.too bad it was a great one!

All Access Member

Postby dave1021 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:09 pm

snowden7772 ,
you saw that show too? I remember that GW missed the show but I didn't know why. I remember Jake's knee was in that immobilizer but I've never been able to find out why. Where were you in Hara Arena? I was stage right about 3 or 4 rows back and Jake was right in front of me ( can we say woodie? ).
And I thought I was the only one on here from Dayton, OH
What part of town do you live in? Do you play? If you do and you're not to far away we should get together and jam. If you want, pm me your info and I'll email or my space ya back.
Dave
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

All Access Member

Postby snowden7772 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:43 pm

dave1021 wrote:snowden7772 ,
you saw that show too? I remember that GW missed the show but I didn't know why. I remember Jake's knee was in that immobilizer but I've never been able to find out why. Where were you in Hara Arena? I was stage right about 3 or 4 rows back and Jake was right in front of me ( can we say woodie? ).
And I thought I was the only one on here from Dayton, OH
What part of town do you live in? Do you play? If you do and you're not to far away we should get together and jam. If you want, pm me your info and I'll email or my space ya back.
Dave

SENT YA A PM DUDE.THIS I TOO SMALL OF A WORLD THATS WHERE I WAS BUT ABOUT FIRST ROW,LOL.COOL TO SEE A FELLOW DAYTONIAN ON HERE!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Tonefiend » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:27 am

Jake fell off a stage and busted his knee up from what I remember back in the day.

Postby CRF250FAN » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:45 am

He did fall off the stage from what i had read in like Circus at the time. AT the show in '88 the people that actually saw Badlands preform said that her was in a leg cast and spinning around on the heel of it wehile he was playing.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...