Jake mentioned in Sound Board for Guitar World August Mag

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Jake mentioned in Sound Board for Guitar World August Mag

Postby MrScary1971 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:26 am

Nice to see that a couple of readers were inquiring why there are so many stories about Zakk and Randy but never Jake. We all know that Jake isn't into interviews and the Rockstar thing anymore but that's no reason not to feature him once in a while. Jake is so overlooked when it comes to his Ozzy legacy and the Badlands material is so damn good it still kickass even today. Jake is one of the very few that somehow managed to also stay away from the "idiot bar" in the copycat laden 80's guitar scene. Come on Guitar World it's time to give Jake his due. I know GW featured the transcription of BarK At The Moon last month but how about some Badlands? Or something from "A Fine Pink Mist"?

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake mentioned in Sound Board for Guitar World August Ma

Postby MetalHead » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:49 am

so what did it say ?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:32 am

MetalHead wrote:so what did it say ?

2 readers wrote to Guitar World asking why Jake wasn't featured more in the magazine. There was no reply from Guitar World. :?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:09 am

MrScary1971 wrote:

2 readers wrote to Guitar World asking why Jake wasn't featured more in the magazine. There was no reply from Guitar World. :?

:(

atleast he's featured in a Swedish mag :)

maybe if as many people as possible wrote to GW ... 8O 8) :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:56 am

MetalHead wrote:
MrScary1971 wrote:

:(

atleast he's featured in a Swedish mag :)

maybe if as many people as possible wrote to GW ... 8O 8) :twisted:

Agreed, I am actually in the process of e-mailing GW to request more coverage of Jake and I would encourage the whole Jake forum to do so as well.

Postby preprocharvel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:28 am

yeah, i saw that too. I wonder if it's the fact that the magazine doesn't try to contact him or he just doesn't respond? Could you imagine the magazine that lands the first interview with the "elusive" Jake E Lee in years? Remember the 20 questions article Guitar World did when the new record came out? The answers were all pretty informal, definitely e-mail responses and almost sounded like the might not have been Jake actually responding.......hmmmm? just speculation. I don't think the magazine would have taken the space to print those letters if they weren't trying to land the story.

just my $0.02

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:42 am

preprocharvel wrote:yeah, i saw that too. I wonder if it's the fact that the magazine doesn't try to contact him or he just doesn't respond? Could you imagine the magazine that lands the first interview with the "elusive" Jake E Lee in years? Remember the 20 questions article Guitar World did when the new record came out? The answers were all pretty informal, definitely e-mail responses and almost sounded like the might not have been Jake actually responding.......hmmmm? just speculation. I don't think the magazine would have taken the space to print those letters if they weren't trying to land the story.

just my $0.02

Good question my friend, though I doubt they would fake that but you never know today LOL. The mag that lands that interview would be very lucky indeed!!!!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:27 pm

It's a pity that such awesome magazines overlook the fans request to see their most treasure musicians featured some of the time: I'd asked quite a few times by e-mail and even written to Guitar World by mail requesting a feature up to date coverage on the Rebel legendary guitarist Jake E. Lee. The man has done his share of vintage input and hard works & Jake's Co-works in Ozzy Osbourne band and Badlands are truely excellent & influrencial and gritty to the core. Plus his Solo Projects are Classic treasures too: Jake E. Lee's Retraced and A Fine Pink Mist are outstanding as is his wicked days in the band Wicked Alliance w/the Beast Mandy Lion. So, it would be really fantastic to see a respectful up to date coverage on this legendary musician Jake E. Lee. All the best to the Rebel Guitarist, much respects. 8)

I've noticed in one of the Guitar music magazine (can't recall name) a quess who section of fame guitarists list of their real names like Slash is #1 his real name is Saul Hudson something like that & Jake E. Lee is #20 his real name Jakey Lou Williams. And the top 20 list goes on.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:40 pm

I reckon it sucks the way guitar world just blew off all the guys that really made there mag what it is as soon as 80's metal was deemed uncool. guy like jake and warren demartini were quite regularly on the cover, now its as if they never even existed...in the latest (november) issue theres a thing on rocklahoma that to me sounds really negative

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:53 am

sytharnia wrote:I reckon it sucks the way guitar world just blew off all the guys that really made there mag what it is as soon as 80's metal was deemed uncool. guy like jake and warren demartini were quite regularly on the cover, now its as if they never even existed...in the latest (november) issue theres a thing on rocklahoma that to me sounds really negative

I have seen that article, but haven't read through it. I would like to know why they won't cover progpower VIII in Atlanta, because I know damn good and well that they won't. If isn't Ozzfest or Lallapooplaza, it must not exsist.

Postby Fretman » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:12 am

It's not likely that Jake can be found for anyone to interview him. Even if he can be found it's probably not easy to get him to sit down for an interview.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...