Jake mentioned by ... Ozzy Osbourne !

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Jake mentioned by ... Ozzy Osbourne !

Postby MetalHead » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:11 am

Check at around 5:00.

This is probably the first time I've heard Ozzy mentioning
Jake in the most recent years.

Ozzy interview w/ Anthony Geathers from The Scene

not much, but still ... :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake mentioned by ... Ozzy Osbourne !

Postby sytharnia » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:49 pm

man thats the most positive thing I've heard oz say about jake in years....this interview is from the down to earth era , did ozzy ask jake to play on that album? i've heard it mention before around here I think

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:07 am

sytharnia wrote:man thats the most positive thing I've heard oz say about jake in years....this interview is from the down to earth era , did ozzy ask jake to play on that album? i've heard it mention before around here I think

I dunno.

I do know that he apparently asked Jake to return
when Zakk left the first time(mid 90's) but Jake declined
and Ozzy went with Joe Holmes instead(though he hired
Alex Skolnick first).
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:24 am

Its all just wishful thinking to imagine Jake playing with anybody let alone Ozzy Osbourne. I get the feeling that Retraced is about as good as its gonna get as far as new material from Mr. Lee goes. But hey its his right to do what he wants when he wants to do it i guess.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:38 am

AT THE RISK OF UPSETTING THE OZZY FANS ON THIS BOARD,I COULDN'T GIVE A TOSS WHAT THE OLD PRAT HAS TO SAY ABOUT JAKE.HE HAS DONE HIS BEST TO IGNORE JAKE AS WELL AS DENY JAKE'S COMPOSITIONAL INPUT TO BOTH BARK AND ULTIMATE.RIGHT THROUGH THIS ENTIRE TIME OZZY WAS BLIZTED OUT OF HIS SKULL ON DRINK AND DRUGS AND JAKE WROTE BOTH THOSE ALBUMS WITH OTHER INSTRUMENT PLAYING MEMBERS OF THE BAND.NOW OZZY WOULD HAVE US BELIEVE BOTH THESE ALBUMS WERE HIS DOING.

ANYTHING GOOD OZZY HAS TO SAY ABOUT THE JAKESTER IS WAY TO FUCKIN LATE FOR ME. :evil:

Postby charvel89 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:53 am

Ninevah123 wrote:AT THE RISK OF UPSETTING THE OZZY FANS ON THIS BOARD,I COULDN'T GIVE A TOSS WHAT THE OLD PRAT HAS TO SAY ABOUT JAKE.HE HAS DONE HIS BEST TO IGNORE JAKE AS WELL AS DENY JAKE'S COMPOSITIONAL INPUT TO BOTH BARK AND ULTIMATE.RIGHT THROUGH THIS ENTIRE TIME OZZY WAS BLIZTED OUT OF HIS SKULL ON DRINK AND DRUGS AND JAKE WROTE BOTH THOSE ALBUMS WITH OTHER INSTRUMENT PLAYING MEMBERS OF THE BAND.NOW OZZY WOULD HAVE US BELIEVE BOTH THESE ALBUMS WERE HIS DOING.

ANYTHING GOOD OZZY HAS TO SAY ABOUT THE JAKESTER IS WAY TO FUCKIN LATE FOR ME. :evil:

Ninevah123 is exactly right and was basically todl this by Jake himself-nice work

Postby Fretman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:52 pm

Ninevah123 wrote:AT THE RISK OF UPSETTING THE OZZY FANS ON THIS BOARD,I COULDN'T GIVE A TOSS WHAT THE OLD PRAT HAS TO SAY ABOUT JAKE.HE HAS DONE HIS BEST TO IGNORE JAKE AS WELL AS DENY JAKE'S COMPOSITIONAL INPUT TO BOTH BARK AND ULTIMATE.RIGHT THROUGH THIS ENTIRE TIME OZZY WAS BLIZTED OUT OF HIS SKULL ON DRINK AND DRUGS AND JAKE WROTE BOTH THOSE ALBUMS WITH OTHER INSTRUMENT PLAYING MEMBERS OF THE BAND.NOW OZZY WOULD HAVE US BELIEVE BOTH THESE ALBUMS WERE HIS DOING.

Image 8)

My eyes!!!

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:39 pm

I also heard that ozzy had requested Jake return for that recent album

for some reason I can't remember the name...

maybe if Jake was on it, the album may have been good, and I may have remembered it lol

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:25 pm

_will_ wrote:I also heard that ozzy had requested Jake return for that recent album

for some reason I can't remember the name...

maybe if Jake was on it, the album may have been good, and I may have remembered it lol

haven't heard about that, although I know he was asked back
when Zakk first left in the mid 90's.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:28 pm

Jake is done and i think we all need to come to terms with that :cry: The dude is almost 50 and i think hes content with living his life out just the way it is. Atleast he isnt a fake and puts garbage out just so he can make money (Zakk Wylde ).

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:10 pm

I think its fairer to say that Zakk puts out rubbish to promote the brand that he is.

I thought at SLC 84, Ozzy announced Jake was the oldest :S

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:27 pm

hey ... no need to bash Zakk :x

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:50 am

I would hate to think that because he's nearly 50 that he is finished with music.There is no way he looks nearly fifty and I would much rather listen to a 50 year old with heart and soul than someone half his age and half
his talent.If Jake is semi retired then he has already provided us with incredible music and memories.Badlands to me are the true inheritors of what Led Zeplin started and Badlands should have been one of the biggest bands in the world in 1990.What they created was utterly astonishing,the soul,the blues,the heaviness,the sheer creativity and imagination was heads and shoulders above anything I was hearing.I honestly think that when Ray died and Badlands came to an end it took the guts out of Jake and the guys...how could he top or better Badlands?

He may well look at that time as his true legacy.It should also not be forgotten that Jake did try to created new music with Mandy Lion and a few other ventures.Maybe he got tired and wanted to pull away from that life.All I know is that if Jake raised his head and let it be known he was a gun for hire,the list of bands and musicians wanting to work with him would stretch around the block.I only saw him once,at the Cathouse in Glasgow with Badlands and I stood at his side of the stage within touching distance of the man and for me it was like watching Hendrix.Whatever he's doing I just hope he's happy and that he knows we care about him.

Postby Fretman » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:49 am

Ninevah123 wrote:I would hate to think that because he's nearly 50 that he is finished with music.There is no way he looks nearly fifty and I would much rather listen to a 50 year old with heart and soul than someone half his age and half
his talent.If Jake is semi retired then he has already provided us with incredible music and memories.Badlands to me are the true inheritors of what Led Zeplin started and Badlands should have been one of the biggest bands in the world in 1990.What they created was utterly astonishing,the soul,the blues,the heaviness,the sheer creativity and imagination was heads and shoulders above anything I was hearing.I honestly think that when Ray died and Badlands came to an end it took the guts out of Jake and the guys...how could he top or better Badlands?

He may well look at that time as his true legacy.It should also not be forgotten that Jake did try to created new music with Mandy Lion and a few other ventures.Maybe he got tired and wanted to pull away from that life.All I know is that if Jake raised his head and let it be known he was a gun for hire,the list of bands and musicians wanting to work with him would stretch around the block.I only saw him once,at the Cathouse in Glasgow with Badlands and I stood at his side of the stage within touching distance of the man and for me it was like watching Hendrix.Whatever he's doing I just hope he's happy and that he knows we care about him.

Well said. 8)

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:34 pm

I take it that the Prince of Darkness Ozzy Osbourne said something passionate & to the Heart (positive) about Rebel Guitarist Jake E. Lee, well that's nice of him. I know that it's been quite a quiet storm between the two (the Media of course loves stirring up things even further): I certainly hope since it is quite difficult/at this time to see the whole Ozzy youtube/the Scene of his Interview for the server motor is awfully slow mojo...'so I really couldn't watch any of it cause it kept on stopping. But I shall try again when I get more time. Anyway, I hope what was said in regards to Jake E. Lee was respectful for Jake truely put his all in working with & for Ozzy Osbourne band and continues to put his passionate energies in just about everything his done w/Badlands, Wicked Alliance with Beast Master Mandy Lion & his Solo works. So, yeah show the man some honorable respects. Peace!

OZZY hair is highlighted around/under the hairline in a burgundy coloring: it's looks pretty cool to me. I don't see the legendary Madman Ozzy Osbourne retireing anytime soon. Much respects/his on the Road with Rob Zombie.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...