What has the world come to??

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

What has the world come to??

Postby yellowshirtguy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:58 pm

All Access Member

Re: What has the world come to??

Postby Shadow » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:19 pm

I've seen this live performance in it's "real form" and it's not like what it's displayed on youtube (the link above) for the sound is way off AND it's been tampered with 'cause Mr. Jake E. Lee does not play like that, hell no not at all! Someone, has played a not so funny jest on this vintage live Jake/Ozzy piece that if you hear it in it's true form/which is also displayed on youtube for I've seened/and heard it there myself plus I do have the actual live performance of this "Bark At the Moon - Concert" Event and believe me it's Classic hard Rockin' Metal footage from start to finish. Who ever is playing a prank like that/it's not amusing and it shouldn't be displayed for it's not the true actual sound. I'm surprise w/youtube (maybe it's not youtube - maybe a fake youtube who knows)...'you would think they have better control over their mega Website. Much respects...'once again that is not the real sound of Jake's vintage Guitar solo on this Classic footage someone has tampered with it: shame on them :!: Peace.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:35 pm

Yeah I saw that- Lame- shame on those guys for doing that.

Jake is one of the most talented players of all time. At least if you're gonna make fun of someone, don't do it to someone who doesn't deserve being made fun of. Poor taste.

Postby VanArt » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:31 am

I have to admit after seeing that I couldn't stop laughing.

Jake E. Lee is my absolute favorite guitarist of all time and I loved that (original) video. When I saw the parody I was expecting it to be a re-post of the original video and saw it was a parody.
Seeing as the person only makes parodies of extremely talented guitarists like Van Halen, Eric Clapton, and so on. I don't see it as a making fun of thing I see it as a parody (and if you notice parodies for movies and books are only made of famous/popular/good movies/books. So I'd say it was a compliment. I wonder what Jake though or would have thought of this video.

Postby skezza » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:48 am

There is already a thread about this guys. It is only a bit of fun and I think the guy was just having a laugh. I personally think the emphasis is on Ozzy clapping and at that I couldnt't stop laughing! Lets see how this 'new' thread about the same thing goes with the other one hey?
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:14 am

If you do a little more research you'll find a parody of the same sort, edited by the same guy, for Eddie Van Halen and Eric Clapton. Evidently he picked the best guitarists to focus on. It's all in good fun!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:46 am

If harddriver had his way he would have lynched him...lol...

I thought it was hilarious and die laughing everytime I see it.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:28 pm

I thought it Slammed Jake Big time Id Like to see someone do that to Zakk or Randy or Better yet Joe Holmes Now There is someone worth Slammin!!
But I do think all the Yngwie ones are too funny
The artist formally known as Brawler

Postby skezza » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:00 pm

stratattack wrote:I thought it Slammed Jake Big time Id Like to see someone do that to Zakk or Randy or Better yet Joe Holmes Now There is someone worth Slammin!!
But I do think all the Yngwie ones are too funny
With no means to cause a flame why does Joe Holmes deserve slamming? I think Joe stood in and he played Ozzy's music in his own way while making sure he kept his tributes to the originals pure. I think Joe enjoyed playing the music like Randy, maybe trying to relive the days of Cleveland 1981, by no means on that account does he deserve a slamming. There are no relevent videos of Randy to slam, the material just isnt there. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on zakk, so i finish with no comment!
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:42 pm

Oh my God, that is so funny I almost couldn't handle it! I was literally crying and doubled over!!!!

I really don't think this is making fun of Jake. Everyone knows he's great, that's why this is so funny. A parody isn't necessarily making fun of the person, just taken something well known and spoofing it a bit.

The clapping thing with Ozzy really is so hilarious I just couldn't believe it. I bet both Ozz and Jake would laugh at this.

Brilliantly done!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:23 pm

Yeah, I knew something had to be wrong 'cause Mr. Jake E. Lee "elusive" legendary Rebel guitarist never played that way, before...'so imagine my shock of disbelief when 1st seeing this "parodie/justing" music video of him. By chance I just strumbled to the Website wirednews.com (when checking the da Oge/Jake E. Lee out on google.com) and came across the person (his name is StSanders something like that) that made the jesting video of Jake (by edited the artists actual serious piece from the song/and adding a more "what in the world is that?" attitude to it) that also includes other famous guitarists on his list to pick on like: Steve Vai & Metallica, it's amazing how he was able to get the approval 'cause I would think youtube.com would of told him no way you can't do that. Anyway, yeah it's sorta funny but just a little bit. I rather see the real deal of the music Artists trailblazer up a storm for it takes alot of energy & hard works to master what they (Jake E. Lee, Steve Vai & Metallica, etc.,.) do so well! Peace. 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:38 pm

I think it is pretty funny but what scares me are some of the comments people put on Youtube saying they were there for the show and that is what they heard. Uhhh.....Huh? You have to be a fricking idiot to post crap like that. Anyone could tell that was obviously meant to be a joke.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:20 pm

i think some of you people are waaayyy too serious about this 8O :?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:14 pm

I agree with Metalhead....rock stars are like politicians in my opinion. That means FAIR GAME!!!! lol!!!!!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:53 pm

I thought this was really funny, but also respected that the guy who did it did a wonderful job of matching his fake playing with what Jake was actually doing on the fretboard.

On the painful side, it also was probably how I would sound trying to imitate Jake or any other player.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...