my whitey:)

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

my whitey:)

Postby torbjorn » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:38 am

this is my whitey. i know i don't have the slanted single coils, or some other details that jake's guitar has, but it's close enough for me:) the humbucker is seymour duncan jb and the single coils are di'marzio sds-1's. the body, hardware and pick guard is made by chandler; the neck is made by my guitar tech and is ebony from madagascar. the paint job was done by a friend of mine. i removed the tone controls and have only the volume knob left(it's metal, and not the standard plastic fender one). i have more black hardware on the guitar than jake's.

the guitar sounds very much like the jake whitey, and i LOVE it!

Killer of Giants

Re: my whitey:)

Postby MetalHead » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:10 am

you could get in touch with pickguardian.com and order
a Jake-style pickguard :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:25 am

MetalHead wrote:you could get in touch with pickguardian.com and order
a Jake-style pickguard :)

ja, once there is a "swimming pool" beneath this one

love it :!:

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:52 am

you oughta' search for the Charvel headstock decal as well :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Avenger316 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:28 pm

Looks good!

All Access Member

Postby dave1021 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:22 pm

In this world of you show me yours, I'll show you mine; I finally figured out how to post pictures of my whitey (with help from my wife).
It's an Alder Mexican Fender Strat body, a Mighty Mite compound radius (9 1/2-12") neck, DiMarzio SDS-1 slanted single coils, a Seymour Duncan JB humbucker, the standard strat trem has 5 springs and has been screwed all the way down (poor man's hardtail). I bought the Charvel decal on Ebay. A single volume knob and I need to replace the black toggle switch cap with a white one. Gotoh tunners and All Parts block saddles on the trem. The pick guard is from Pickguardian.com and it cost me about $75 but it's well worth it. I've been building this guitar in my head, and in practice, for about a year and a half. It ain't perfect but it is my favorite guitar. Hope you like it.
Dave
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

All Access Member

Postby dave1021 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:33 pm

Oh , I almost forgot. Torbjorn your's looks great. You don't have to do a swimming pool rout. Mine came routed for single, hum, hum. I just routed the single out enough to accomodate the slant. In theory the more wood you can leave intact, the better the tone. The Charvel decal will cost you about $16 on Ebay. Hope you had as much fun building your's as I did mine. Don't know if I'll ever do it again as tracking down all the parts can be pricey.
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:03 pm

looks good guys :)

Postby skezza » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:08 am

two beautifal guitars :P
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby torbjorn » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:50 am

dave1021: your guitar looks great! looks just like the jake guitar. i did think about making mine look exactly like the jake e. lee guitar, but i decided i wanted SOME identity for myself. but now that i see your charvel logo on your headstock, i REALLY want one on my own! i see i can get it on ebay. how do i put it on? is it some kind of sticker?

are gotoh tuners the best ones around? i have this gibson explorer and i want to change the tuners on that one.

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:31 pm

Sprezel locking tuners are the best around IMO.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...