jake storie

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

jake storie

Postby snottyr » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:24 pm

New to the site Went to school with Jake and his sister! only seen him once since, straight ahead sound n Teaser Used to hear him practice alot back in the 70s out his bedroom window .....What a player Cool site Thanx Scott :)

Re: jake storie

Postby skezza » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:12 am

Hi Scott,
Sounds great :D We'd all love to hear more stories about Jake at school. Ive heard about him apparantly getting kicked out of school for changing his grades. Sounds brilliant :D :lol:
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:16 am

snottyr wrote:New to the site Went to school with Jake and his sister! only seen him once since, straight ahead sound n Teaser Used to hear him practice alot back in the 70s out his bedroom window .....What a player Cool site Thanx Scott :)

You grow up on base?
I'm an Imperial beach kid myself, until about '78.

Postby snottyr » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:09 pm

Yea I grew up in IB and I am still ALIVE.........LOL
Dont know much about him changing his grades ....but heard him play a Nugent song and Bowies ...Suffergette City at nutrition break once and I think if I remember correctly....the VP told them to turn it down and they got unplugged or shut down.......BOOOOOOOO! Also Jake and his family used to come over to the schoolyard that borderd my yard and play softball...... years later my Mom owend a Bar up in the mountains east of SD, and Jake showed up for an impromtu GIG to cover some no show band I Think I remeber him showin up with a member frrom (chid) or something like that! It was another local Band at the time. Saw Teaser and Mickey Ratt countless times at Straight Ahead Sound! Wow Those were the Days.... Thats where Jake cut his teeth for Stage appearance
I have to tell you I was always envious of his playing.... He made it look so smooth!!....... Of course I let all that go now I still Play a little Its always made me happy , and Jake was a big influence on me! Thanx Scott

All Access Member

Postby Snowy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:21 pm

Thanks for sharing your story, snottyr. :)

Postby skezza » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:49 pm

Great story Scott.
How inspired was Jake when he was younger? Do you feel he really came to fruition after he left Mickey or could you clearly see signs of his skill back then and he simply went from strength to strength after he joined ozzy and then later badlands?
Any idea what guitars he used? Theres always been one I couldnt identify which was a red pointy headstocked Charvel on one of his tribute myspace sites. Ive uploaded it.

Postby snottyr » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:14 pm

Cool Photo ... Now let me just say that we weren't buddies or anything !
He kinda kept to himself! .....Id say he was heavily motivated in those highschool days. I remeber hearing like, awesome Piano music coming out of his house too! I am not sure if sis played piano too ! but I know Jake did!
I think he used to carry around a hollowbody Checkmate guitar at school or that might have been mine.....wow flashback! I bought one on the base !
I just cant remember (clean and sober 8 years youd think some of it would come back LOL) As for teaser days ,tobbaco sunburst strat! Dont remeber the red one in the photo. Look, Jake always had talent. But he also always had a guitar with him!
I think his talent continued to grow .... Im sure that Ozzy in someways held him back too! He was always the kind of player that made you sit down and listen! anyway thanx sorry I cant tell you to much more
I will say one thing his sister was a kind person and very sweet to me in school , pleasant and helpful!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:35 pm

Those are some really special memories you have there, Snottyr/Scott on those early music days on Jake E. Lee Williams life. JAKE certainly kept busy & adventureous with his music/I bet he was a class "A" pianonist and who knows his sister Susan proberly had some trailblazer talents, too. I "love" the photo of them of Jake, his mom & little sis...'it's a black/white photo where his Mother is holding her little ones so very close to her makeing sure their safe. And the pic of Jake as a new born/with his Dad & Mom is so endearing & sweet his playing with his feet with this happy go lucky smile on his sweet tiny face...'yeah, from the start you could see much promise & talents in the Williams Family. Much respects and thanks for sharing some pretty groovin' moments of Jake's early stage music days & someone brought up that the Rebel guitarist once sprayed his grade report card when it wasn't to his satisfaction/I wondered what happened to him once his parents found out what he done(?) That's funny... 8) Peace.

Postby Fretman » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:01 pm

Thanks for sharing the info.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:53 am

snottyr wrote:tobbaco sunburst strat!

also known as this ...
8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby snottyr » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:50 pm

Nope ,,It was a Fender

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:03 pm

heh, yeah that was the fender, it got magicalized and repainted, then a charvel logo applied

Postby skezza » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:31 pm

this thread is awesome, some great information coming out here! :D

Postby snottyr » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Im just talkin about the Guitar that Jake played on stage at Straight ahead Sound 70s

Postby snottyr » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:38 pm

Ok sorry .,........ Didn't realize you guys tracked His every guitar!
The one that I remember had A Maple Neck!!!

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...