Guitar World's 300th Issue

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Guitar World's 300th Issue

Postby Jake67 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:11 pm

http://guitarworld.com/tabpoll300

GW is taking a poll on what tabs to include in their upcoming 300th issue. I was surprised to see The Ultimate Sin included in one of the categories.

These days, it's pretty easy to find tabs on the Internet, but it would be nice to see one of Jake's songs get featured, especially from an album that Ozzy seems to ignore these days.

So I put in a vote for The Ultimate Sin, although my guess is that it won't be the winning song for that category.

Re: Guitar World's 300th Issue

Postby skezza » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:19 pm

ill vote for ultimate sin as well, ozzy totally ignores such a great album! Its typical really isnt it!
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby evilaudio » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:24 pm

I voted, and yep, Ultimate Sin.

Man that song is heavy when you play it in drop-C! Except there's little bits and pieces I can't figure out. Like the part after the main riff till the end! hahahahhahahaha!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:28 pm

I voted for Ultimate Sin, too - and I don't even play guitar :P

Postby skezza » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:34 am

Gutterflower wrote:I voted for Ultimate Sin, too - and I don't even play guitar :P
good girl :P

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:48 am

skezza wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:I voted for Ultimate Sin, too - and I don't even play guitar :P
good girl :P

uhuh :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:24 pm

A little off subject but, Eddie is looking goooood. Wolfie, on the other hand ... Whoa boy! It's ok to back away from the table! Sorry, but it really bothers me when kids are that young and that overweight.

http://contests.guitarworld.com/covervi ... coverA.jpg

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:15 pm

Wolfie is a big kid in general. While I believe in personal responsibility when it comes to eating, I tend to think the kid has his mom's genetics working against him. As has been made famous by the TV commercials, mom has been battling weight issues for a while.

Bouncing across a stage for a couple of hours every night should be good for him, though. But I think he has yet to accept the Michael Anthony style of bass playing where you run around like a maniac and put on a great show for the crowd.

I give the kid credit though... the biggest weight he's carrying might be between his legs cause it takes a lot of b@alls for a kid his age to replace a popular band member in a band that fans have a strong passion for.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:16 pm

Balls had nothing to do with it, just being born to right dad.

Postby skezza » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:19 pm

mrmetal wrote:Balls had nothing to do with it, just being born to right dad.
Dead on

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:48 pm

One thing that gets on my nerves is how those mags keep transcribing and re-hashing the same shit over and over again.

Why aren't there any Nightwish, Pagan's Mind, Zero Hour, or hell, even a recent Dio or Iron Maiden tab?

Lame!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby THOR » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:11 pm

I agree with Mr Metal. When voting for tabs I tried to think of which song hadn't been tabbed in many other issues. "Sweet home Alabama?" Doesn't that get tabbed in almost every other issue?

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:07 am

THOR wrote:I agree with Mr Metal. When voting for tabs I tried to think of which song hadn't been tabbed in many other issues. "Sweet home Alabama?" Doesn't that get tabbed in almost every other issue?

Isn't that crazy? Highway Star by Deep Purple???? I know I have two mags from the years with that song.

Too bad Dio's "Stand up and Shout" was in the same category as "The Ultimate Sin". I would have voted for both.

I don't know why I even care about guitar mags. I don't use them to transcribe anything. :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:20 pm

THOR wrote:I agree with Mr Metal. When voting for tabs I tried to think of which song hadn't been tabbed in many other issues. "Sweet home Alabama?" Doesn't that get tabbed in almost every other issue?

I also agree. Anyone who needs tablature to figure out "Sweet Home Alabama" needs to do some serious woodsheding, IMO.

Dean
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:58 pm

Ozzy Osbourne & Jake E. Lee's Classic song "The Ultimate Sin" is a monster masterpiece of a vintage music History with it's "tomahawk" thunder groove beat. I sincerely hope it does make it in the GUITAR WORLD's 300th Issue of heavy music tablertures for it certainly deserves to be there! It's an amazing song. 8)

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...