Rocklahoma

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Rocklahoma

Postby Doobie » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:25 am

Ohh to be young again and able to sustain four days of this! :?
(courtesy of melodicrock.com)

ROCKLAHOMA 2008 - FULL COVERAGE:
Press Release / HOLLYWOOD, CA On Tuesday, March 4th the Catch the Fever Music Festivals announced at its press conference from the historic Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, its lineup for the 2008 festival taking place July 10-13, 2008 in Pryor, Oklahoma. Over 84 bands will be performing on three giant stages throughout the four days.
The press conference was hosted by Eddie Trunk, who can be heard on XM's Boneyard Channel 41, VH-1 Classic and is syndicated throughout the nation. In attendance was Bret Michaels, front man of Poison, all of Warrant featuring Jani Lane, along with members of Cinderella, LA Guns, Enuf Z Nuff, Beautiful Creatures, Night Ranger, XYZ, Pretty Boy Floyd, Vain, and Lynch Mob.
The Rocklahoma Press Conference was heard live on XM's Boneyard Channel 41, as well as streamed on Wyldside Radio.

The initial lineup on the main stage is as follows:
Thursday (Pre Party for those who have bought three day tickets) Bret Michaels, LA Guns featuring Tracii Guns, Enuf Z Nuff, Vain, House of Lords and Jet Boy.

Friday: XYZ, Armored Saint, Kingdom Come, Night Ranger, Extreme, Triumph and TBA.

Saturday: Pretty Boy Floyd, Every Mother's Nightmare, Tora Tora, Black N Blue, Trixter, Kix, Warrant featuring Jani Lane and Cinderella

Sunday: Axe, Beautiful Creatures, Zebra, Lynch Mob, TBA, Tesla and TBA

Additional bands on the main stage will be added in the upcoming weeks. Lineup and bands are subject to change.

Two side stages adjacent to the main stage feature over twenty-eight regional artists on each stage.

The Retrospect Records stage includes the following bands: Jester, Sidekixx, Pair-A-Dice, Front Runner, Tommy Had a Vision, Valor, Gypsy Blue, Whitefoxx, Blue Tiger, Wild August, Messang, Paul Shortino, Mariah, Warryor, Bad Candy, Lorraine, Nasty Nasty, Real Steel, Cuttlass, Vyper, Mass, Bad Candy, Oney, Strikeforce, Herazz, Reckless, Heartless, Ron Keel, Warryor and Alibi.

The other stage has Texas Hippie Coalition, Karnevil featuring Dario Lorina, Dirty Penny, Crooked X, Gypsy Pistoleros, Sweet FA, Banshee, Gods of Kansas, Lipstick Magazine, Pownd, Shadowside, Mindflow, Warmachine, Asphalt Valentine, Krucible featuring Lance King.

Rocklahoma is the world's largest Rock Festival of its type featuring bands from the eighties. Rocklahoma has already sold tickets from all fifty states and throughout Canada and Europe.

RETROSPECT RECORDS AT ROCKLAHOMA 2008
Dreams DO come true...
Ladies and Gentlemen , the largest 80s Hard Rock / Metal / AOR re-issue label in the world, Retrospect Records , and the largest Rock festival in America, Rocklahoma, have joined forces to bring you 4 days of pure 80s Hard Rock bliss! In addition to the main stage acts, Retrospect Records has its own stage and features 25+ bands that many thought would never re-unite again. July 10-13 in Pryor Oklahoma is the setting where over 100,000 metalheads will converge for the largest Rock festival on American soil. Here is the official line-up for the Retrospect stage...

Thursday July 10
1:45 - 2:30 Jester
3:15 - 4:00 Harlow
4:45 - 5:30 Sidekixx
6:30 - 7:15 Frontrunner
8:15 - 9:00 Pairadice
10:00 - 10:45 Tommy Had A Vision
12:30 - 2:00 Messano (Bobby Messano Of Starz)

Friday July 11
12:45 - 1:30 Jester
2:15 - 3:00 Gypsy Blue
3:45 - 4:30 Whitefoxx With Danny Danzi
5:30 - 6:15 Blue Tiger
7:15 - 8:00 Wild August
9:00 - 9:45 Valor
10:45 - 11:30 Paul Shortino (Of Rough Cutt / Quiet Riot)
12:30 - 2:00 Mariah

Saturday July 12
12:30 - 1:15 Warryor
2:00 - 2:45 Bad Candy
3:30 - 4:15 Lorraine
5:15 - 6:00 Nasty Nasty
7:00 - 7:45 Cuttlass
8:45 - 9:30 Mass
10:45 - 11:30 Vyper
1:00 - 2:00 Defcon

Sunday July 13
11:30 - 12:15 Bad Candy
1:00 - 1:45 Oney
2:30 - 3:15 Strikeforce
4:15 - 5:00 Herazz
6:00 - 6:45 Reckless
7:45 - 8:30 Heartless
9:30 - 10:15 Ron Keel
10:45 - 11:30 Warryor
11:45 - 12:30 Real Steel

You DO NOT want to miss out on this opportunity of a lifetime! Get your tickets and book your accommodations NOW. More info can be found at the Retrospect Records website. Many of you who have bought Retrospect releases have made dreams come true for so many of these artists. Now come see them LIVE - it may be the ONLY time you can. Hope to see you there.
Special offer - Book your room at the official Hotel sponsor for Retrospect - Howard Johnson's (E.41st Street in Tulsa) and receive a huge discount!! Contact Retrospect Records for details and special code.
Retrospect Records has released over 225 albums in just 2 and a half years - more than any other independent on the planet - our inclusion at Rocklahoma is a huge victory for Melodic Rock. We'd like to thank everyone who has supported our cause!
WebLink: www.retrospectrecords.com.

Press Release / In an unprecedented move, Nightmare Records, Blastzone Entertainment Group, and Chavis Records have teamed up to form a new partnership, the Tri-Label Group.
The Tri-Label Group intends to bring you four incredible days of music entertainment on The 2nd Stage (North) at this year’s major U.S. Rock Festival, ROCKLAHOMA.
Rocklahoma is set to take place July 10-13, 2008 in Pryor, OK. This highly touted event triumphs all others in the U.S. ROCKLAHOMA will bring you four days of nonstop, festive, 1980s-era rock music. Last year, the rock n' roll event brought over 100,000 fans from all over the globe, to see the best in rock entertainment.
As the headliners are preparing to perform on the main stage, you will enjoy the unbelievable line-up Tri-Label Group has put together for you on The 2nd Stage (North)!! Tri-Label Group is preparing to indulge you with a massive amount of heavy talent destined to rock your world; featuring not only a mixed array of top notched musical acts from each of the three labels, but additional high profile talent that will provide you with raging rock and metallic energy.
The Tri-Label Group has set the standards for what a support stage should be and The 2nd Stage (North) will intensify your Rocklahoma experience! The confirmed acts for ‘The 2nd Stage (North) thus far, in alphabetical order are:
Asphalt Valentine, Boneshaker, Dangerous Inc., Deathriders (Neil Turbin), Gods Of Kansas, Krucible (Lance King), Lipstick Magazine, Mindflow, Order Of Nine, Pownd, Sacred Dawn, Shadowside, The Jackyls, Warmachine.

Located four miles North of Pryor, OK, off Highway 69, the Fever facilities include over 6,200 assigned and numbered seats, as well as general admission on the lawn for over 50,000 people. The grounds also feature over 4,000 campsites, on-site parking, bathroom facilities, a convenience store, and overnight security provided by Mayes County Sheriff’s Department.
ROCKLAHOMA also has a Picture Alley that allows anyone in attendance to approach the stage during any performance and take photographs of a favorite artist at close range.
Tickets can be purchased by calling toll free 866-310-2288. Visit www.rockfeverfest.com
Information and updates on The 2nd Stage (North) can be found at www.myspace.com/the2ndstage.

Killer of Giants

Re: Rocklahoma

Postby mrmetal » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:58 am

That looks like a badass time!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:34 am

I know someone who went last year - debauchery at it's finest lol I'd go to Sunday's show: Tesla, Zebra and Lynch Mob 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:12 am

Its a crazy Place to sayn the least eceryone I have talked to who has been there says that they were Hung over and Deaf for a week LOL
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:53 pm

What a hefty slice of Classic heavy Hard Rock/Metal bands that shall thunder down the house at this annual (I believe this is their 2nd year) ROCKLAHOMA Concert Festival! My goodness what a phenomanel Concert billing list of great talents that shall perform there: I'm happy to see the legendary Hard Rockers VAIN (I bet Webmaster Jefnel1's wife Nelley has her bags packed already for that's her favorite band, I think. smile.), Tesla (fantastic Cowboy band) & Beautiful Creatures (I love them/I have their Deuce album/Cd in which absolutely adore and I'm happy to say I did see them along with when I saw The Beast Mandy Lion/WWIII fame when performing at the famous Club Vodka venue in December 2003/Los Angeles Ca...'I believe. And both bands put on a bad ass show! :twisted: 8O ) on that list and "many" other greats (that are announced & in the works) that will be present. My goodness that's going to be a awesome 4 day extravaganza Event hosted by such an amazing legendary Vocalist Bret Michaels :!: Wow...'I wished I'd lived in Oklahoma. Enjoy & be safe for those that are fortunate to attend this special ROCKLAHOMA Fest Event July 2008. Cheers. 8)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:17 pm

The festival seems to be doing quite well. Hopefully, it will continue to grow.

~Brian~

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Badseeddbs » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:07 am

My band Valor is playing the 2nd stage...as it stands we are inbetween Extreme and Triumph, but they will be adding Sammy Hagar to our night (Friday).So our time slot should actually be between triumph and Sammy.Pretty freakin cool.Jake is going to be there with Enuff Z Nuff on Thursday!!!

The list of bands is killer, they will be adding Motley Crue, Sammy and were told the Scorpions as well.

Im gonna need a vacation to recover from this.I will have a backstage pass for 3 of the 4 days according to our manager and the Label owner.Since Ron Keel is playing the last night, I may have one for the 4th as well.....going to be insane :)

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:45 pm

Badseeddbs wrote:My band Valor is playing the 2nd stage...as it stands we are inbetween Extreme and Triumph, but they will be adding Sammy Hagar to our night (Friday).So our time slot should actually be between triumph and Sammy.Pretty freakin cool.Jake is going to be there with Enuff Z Nuff on Thursday!!!

The list of bands is killer, they will be adding Motley Crue, Sammy and were told the Scorpions as well.

Im gonna need a vacation to recover from this.I will have a backstage pass for 3 of the 4 days according to our manager and the Label owner.Since Ron Keel is playing the last night, I may have one for the 4th as well.....going to be insane :)

That's kickASS - come back and post a full backstage report after it's all over :P and don't forget your camera! :wink:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Badseeddbs wrote:.Jake is going to be there with Enuff Z Nuff on Thursday!!!

Excuse me? Why in the hell would Jake be playing with Enuff Z Nuff? Am I the only one that caught this???????

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:07 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:

Excuse me? Why in the hell would Jake be playing with Enuff Z Nuff? Am I the only one that caught this???????

~Brian~

Because he made a guest appearance on their latest CD. There are other threads on this . . . take a peek at some of the others - there are links attached to a couple of them. :wink:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Badseeddbs » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:22 am

yeah, well.....I dont care who he is playing with, just that I get a chance to see him play again.Paul Shortino goes on right after us, it would be amazing if they did a song, maybe "a little kindness"? Yeah, its a dream, I know......

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:52 am

Doobie wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

~Brian~

Because he made a guest appearance on their latest CD. There are other threads on this . . . take a peek at some of the others - there are links attached to a couple of them. :wink:

I'm just blown away that he's actually playing live somewhere again! I haven't heard a thing about him playing on Enuff Z Nuff new disc, but then again, I don't keep up with them.

It looks to me like the organizers of Rocklahoma would try to get Jake to do a full set of solo material or something. That would be very cool. I agree with Badseed...a set with Paul Shortino would be killer! \nn/

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed May 07, 2008 6:33 am

QUEENSRYCHE TO PERFORM OPERATION: MINDCRIME IN ITS ENTIRETY AT ROCKLAHOMA 2008:
On Sunday, July 13th in Pryor, Oklahoma, Queensryche (Geoff Tate, Michael Wilton, Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield, Mike Stone) will hit the stage to perform their 1988 concept album, Operation: Mindcrime, from beginning to end in its entirety. The epic theatrical presentation will cover all fifteen songs from the album including such fan favorites as "Revolution Calling," "Operation: Mindcrime," "I Don't Believe In Love" and the closing track, "Eyes Of A Stranger." The band's headlining performance of Operation: Mindcrime at this year's four-day Rocklahoma festival will celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the release and will be the only performance of its type in the United States this year.
Last year, the band released Mindcrime at the Moore, a double DVD featuring the theatrical performances of both Operation: Mindcrime I & II albums that debuted at #1 on the Billboard Music DVD Chart. It marked the band's first #1 chart debut. In addition to Mindcrime, fans in attendance at Rocklahoma this July can expect an encore performance of well-known hits from other albums in the band's illustrious career now spanning 25 years.
On Thursday, May 8th, the band will begin their tour of South America, Europe and the United Kingdom on a trek that will ultimately last throughout most of the summer. For more info, please see the band's official website at www.queensryche.com. For more info on Rocklahoma, please visit the festival's website at: rock.feverfest.com.

Postby chainsaw2 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:08 pm

goin to this type of show,its intresting to see how all the hot chicks from high school have aged. lol

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri May 09, 2008 6:29 pm

ROCKLAHOMA ADDS FIFTH DAY TO FESTIVAL:

May 8, 2008

PRYOR, OK - Catch the Fever Music Festivals announced that due to the overwhelming response from members of the rock community and their fan, a fifth day has been added to Rocklahoma. Director of Operations of the Pryor Creek Music Festival Dave Giencke enthusiastically stated, "Rocklahoma is bringing to the world what cannot be found at any other festival in the world!"

Details of Wednesdays' events will be announced in the upcoming days.

Over 100 bands will be performing on three giant stages over the five days. Rocklahoma's current lineup on the main stage is:

Thursday (Opening Night for those who have bought three day tickets) Bret Michaels, Sebastian Bach, Dokken, LA Guns featuring Tracii Guns, Enuf Z Nuff, Vain, House of Lords and Jet Boy.

Friday: Triumph, Extreme, Lita Ford, Night Ranger, Kingdom Come, Armored Saint and XYZ.

Saturday: Cinderella, the reunited Warrant, Kix, Lynch Mob, Trixter, Black N Blue, Tora Tora, Every Mother's Nightmare and Pretty Boy Floyd.

Sunday: Axe, Zebra, Tesla and Queensryche performing Operation: Mindcrime.

The current lineup is subject to change as bands are added in the upcoming weeks.

Next

Return to Free for all...