GUITAR WIRELESS SYSTEMS

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

GUITAR WIRELESS SYSTEMS

Postby SHREDDER1 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:07 pm

MY PROBLEM IS I HAVE TO MANY CABLES RUNNING OUT OF MY AMP AND
BOARD.ALTHOUGH I USE MONSTER CABLES I`M TRYING TO CLEAR UP
THE FLOOR AROUND ME.I NEED SOMETHING THAT WONT SUCK OUT THE TONE.IS ANYBODY USING ANYTHING NEW?

All Access Member

Re: GUITAR WIRELESS SYSTEMS

Postby _will_ » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:27 pm

I got annoyed at cables breaking, got a Sennheiser freeport on the cheap, and it works fine.
I think everything will slightly colour the sound, but I am very happy with the results

Postby skezza » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:32 am

Hey Will
I went into a large music chainstore who recently went bankrupt (i wont name names, but im sure you know who i mean will) and wanted to buy a full spec'd wireless system you know, proper professional. about £300 and they told me to go for the Freeport, although i didnt to be fair lol!
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:36 am

That good eh? I have considered getting a proper one, and having the freeport as a spare, but I the quality and value for money of them is just excellent.
How much can you get them for? If you are going to, its probably better to get it soon, the stores are being bought up at the moment, so now would be cheaper?
I paid something like £60 or £70 on eBay

All Access Member

Postby SHREDDER1 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:41 pm

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS.

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:09 am

Hey I was wondering if wireless guitar systems work if you plug it into the guitars and then the pedals (distortion, chorus, flanger, eq, reverb, etc.) and then from the pedal into the amp? I heard someone said that it does not work like that.
"Hahaha, you don't see rockstars with straight A's in high school and such," says johnthebrucelee. "Actually, that only goes to show that playin' guitar ain't rocket science," Deansolo remarked. ;)

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:36 am

Do you mean actually mounting it to the pedal board john? I have done that and it does work, but you have to be aware of the cords of anyone you are jamming with because their cables will break your antenna...
Ace Frehley sucked during his good years, and I can make a beer and BBQ fart in the bathroom sound better than the great percentage of his guitar work! ~ Frethead 6/5/08

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:24 pm

SDBinNY wrote:Do you mean actually mounting it to the pedal board john? I have done that and it does work, but you have to be aware of the cords of anyone you are jamming with because their cables will break your antenna...

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say.
"Hahaha, you don't see rockstars with straight A's in high school and such," says johnthebrucelee. "Actually, that only goes to show that playin' guitar ain't rocket science," Deansolo remarked. ;)

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:18 am

I got the Freeport off of eBay and I need help with something... Is there any way to attach the transmitter on the strap not using the weak clip on it??? Like is there any pouch that will fit the transmitter and go on a strap?

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:28 am

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:46 am

I was jamming with a dude last month who had some wireless deal, but he was saying he can't get any feedback with it. So for the tunes that need him to get feedback, he swaps in a cord. I have no experience with wireless but I'm looking at going that way soon as I too have too many damn cables running all over the stage.

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:03 pm

_will_ wrote:There is something on Thomann
http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_wireless_holder.htm

That's what I'm looking for, but it's in the UK.. :( Shipping is like 4-5 times the cost of the item for it to come to the US. 8O I also just found one from Dunlop that is sold on Amazon.com and AMS. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:51 am

johnthebrucelee wrote:I got the Freeport off of eBay and I need help with something... Is there any way to attach the transmitter on the strap not using the weak clip on it??? Like is there any pouch that will fit the transmitter and go on a strap?

Yah depending on how many guitars you have . if you only have 1 guitar you can use eithe electrical or Medical tape to wrap around the unit to attach it to your strat!!!. but if you have more then one axe the afix it to your belt!! and coil and secure any slack from the attached cable!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Return to Free for all...