Rocklahoma

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Rocklahoma

Postby Badseeddbs » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:27 am

Weve been added to the 1st and 2nd show, as well as the 3rd we were already given...all headlining spots on the 2nd stage between the main headliners...its gonna be killer.....taking $130K motor home to the show, all the food and drinks for 5 days, and I get to play in front of an estimated 50-75,000 people each night?...that doesnt suck in anyway :)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:37 pm

Hell no... that is kick ass.

You guys have a myspace page? Would love to hear some of the music.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:42 am

Tommy Had a Vision is a SLC band. They always open for the big acts here. Nice to see them on a big bill like Rocklohoma.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Badseeddbs » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:10 pm

go to www.officialvalor.com our my space is linked there...Tommy had a vision are our label mates and I cant wait to see them live!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby JR97 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:14 am

Badseeddbs wrote:go to www.officialvalor.com our my space is linked there...Tommy had a vision are our label mates and I cant wait to see them live!!

do you ever play in slc?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:38 am

For all of us poor saps that can't get to Rocklahoma, here's a blog some guy will supposedly update everyday. He doesn't review with much depth or detail but, it may give those of us not there some kind of idea who's showing up and how they sound.

Here's the link: http://www.rockbiographer.com/Rocklahoma_2008_Blog.html

and from another blog (no mention of a Jake appearance :cry: ): "Enuff Z' Nuff with Donnie Vie sounded really good! I'll be the first to admit I'm not a major Enuff Z' Nuff fan, but I was impressed with what I heard. Of course, they played "Fly High Michelle" and were also joined by Steven Adler for a cover of "Come Together" and then Joe Leste of Bang Tango for "Knockin' on Heaven's Door." Both covers got the crowd pretty pumped and I have to admit Steven Adler looked both happy and together behind the drum kit. Later in the night I saw Chip Z' Nuff riding around the festival grounds in a golf cart. Perhaps I should have jumped on and avoided the mud..."

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:57 am

So the grand extravaganza ROCKLAHOMA 2008 kicked off big time just yesterday July 10th through July 13th: well that's a real nice heafty dates there and plenty of time & a hopeful surprise appearance from a much "missed" legendary guitarist Jake E. Lee he is truelly Rebel electric & the many great legendary music artists/bands that are scheduled to be present are pretty phenomenal, too! Peace and everyone that are able to attend Rock N Rebel On and have a great/safe time! :D :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:05 am

Two stages at the Rocklahoma festival collapsed Saturday evening as storms moved through the area, according to a report on the Tulsa World website here.

The north and south side stages at the 80s hair metal event gave way about 6 pm, officials said.

Mayes County Sheriff Frank Cantey said 65mph winds in the area caused the stages to cave in.

No performances were going on at the time of the collapses as bands and crowds were taking shelter from storms.

The main stage was not affected.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Badseeddbs » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:44 pm

Yup...our stage did a nose dive the night after we played. Thank god no one was hurt but it was a mess.

We played (valor) between Extreme and Triumph friday night, the only day that it didnt rain....it was a perfect night really. We had teh biggest crowd out of any of the 2nd stage bands through out the weekend and sounded great , although my monitor mix sucked, the mix out front ( the most important one!) was good from what everyone from management, record label and some of our most toughest critics!!
Sound guy said to our label that we belonged on the main stage, which was really cool of him to say.

We should have pics and vids up soon and I will post them here asap.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:53 pm

You would thank since it's "summer" that it would be pretty sunny/nice in Pryor, Oaklahoma were the ROCKLAHOMA took place at? One of the post above mentioned there was a "thunder :? storm" that greeted the Classic cast of totally hip/heavy Rocker's but they didn't let it get them down and trailblazed/music jammed on through on both the two grand Rocklahoma stages. Musicians are an rare "bold" breed of people they keep on going & going and going quite dedicated wild/sizzling & cool/hip bunch they are. :twisted: 8) 8O If possible "pleased" do share your new treasure pix of the ROCKLAHOMA-2008 Concert Festival of all the heavy Classic Hard Rocker's that kicked major buns there...'I bet their quite heavy & unforgettable. :P Peace!

Previous

Return to Free for all...