Blue Murder Reunion??

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Blue Murder Reunion??

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:01 pm

ddie Trunk of the "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM announced on his program Friday night (February 9) that a BLUE MURDER comeback consisting of all original bandmembers is being planned and that he is personally involved in putting a reunion concert together. Although Trunk was sure to point out that nothing has been confirmed, the show would likely take place sometime in the fall in New York City. No further details are currently available.

BLUE MURDER was the brainchild of guitar virtuoso John Sykes. Upon Sykes' firing from the most successful version of WHITESNAKE, the former TYGERS OF PAN TANG and THIN LIZZY axeman set out to create a similar sounding bluesy hard rock band. They released three studio albums and one live album before breaking up in 1994. The late Ray Gillen, most famous for singing for BLACK SABBATH and BADLANDS, sang for an early version of BLUE MURDER, and the band reportedly recorded demos with him, but he didn't appear on any of the group's albums.

BLUE MURDER's self-titled debut album (1989) featured Sykes alongside Tony Franklin (bass), Carmine Appice (drums) and Nik Green (keyboards).

That was from Febuary last year. i Wonder if it will still happen?

Ultimate Sinner

Re: Blue Murder Reunion??

Postby AZFF » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:05 pm

That would be awesome....John Sykes is the SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:49 am

I'd go.

SEXXXXXXXX CHILLLLLLLLLD! :)

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:13 am

This has been on the Cards for a couple of years..Tony franklin Comes from the same Area as me and I asked this question to him a few years ago...He said it was possible But both he and John were really Busy!
John is a little like Jake..He does what he wants when he wants! he dosent suffer Fools gladly!

Return to Free for all...