Blackmore's Night (Folk music??)

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Blackmore's Night (Folk music??)

Postby Doobie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:54 am

BLACKMORE'S SECRET VOYAGE:
SPV Records is proud to announce the U.S.A. release of Secret Voyage by Blackmore's Night, the award winning band fronted by singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Candice Night with legendary lead guitarist Ritchie Blackmore. Other members of the band include Bard David of Larchmont (keyboards/vocals), Earl Grey of Chimay (bass/rhythm guitar/vocals), Squire Malcolm of Lumley (percussionist), and Gypsy Rose (violin/vocals).
This kaleidoscopic musical journey through time and space incorporates traditional folk music from around the world. The album blends haunting ancient melodies with newly-written Night lyrics inspired by nature and fantasy, partially recorded on renaissance-period instruments, and arranged with a contemporary dramatic flair that features the brilliant acoustic and electric guitar stylings of Blackmore. This cd is sure to transport you to a simpler, more magical time, away from the stresses of modern day life.
“With Blackmore's Night,” says Blackmore, “we have the creative freedom to play any style of music we want. We can play folk, rock, ballads, instrumentals, or tavern songs. I couldn't do that in Deep Purple. Now I feel as if I'm not in a box anymore. ”
Inspired by their international performances, and assimilating the various melodies from the continents they've traversed, many of the 12 new tracks on Secret Voyage have been adapted from the folk traditions of numerous countries including France (“Gilded Cage”), Russia (“Toast To Tomorrow”), Germany (“Prince Waldeck's Galliard”) and England (“Peasant's Promise”). Add to that two stunning covers done distinctively in Blackmore's Nights strongly identifiable style­the 1961 Elvis Presley hit “Can't Help Falling In Love” and Rainbow's “Rainbow Eyes”­and some entrancingly poignant originals.
In addition to creating the kind of haunting sonic soundscapes that captivate your mind like your fondest memories, Night and Blackmore also continue to work for the many causes they espouse. Together with World Wildlife Fund (WWF) they've helped plant 6,000 fruit trees in Borneo, donated time and money to help Siberian tigers, bats in Berlin, badgers in Great Britain and, at many of their concerts around the world, have established fund drives for “No Kill” animal shelters. When not touring they continue to sponsor shelter animals and even hold a private show at holiday time every year to raise funds for local animal charities. They have also banded together with C020L to help the environment by planting trees in Panama to reduce the toxins brought on by the bands touring.
Night stars as Princess Candice at the interactive theme park Magiquest, and Princess Amora at throughout U.S. and Japan. She has also been the reigning "Faerie Queen", nominated by Faerie Magazine, at the Faerie Festivals throughout the USA and is much beloved by the children who travel miles to meet her in this role. Her film debut, House Of Eternity, is scheduled for release this fall.
WebLinks: Secret Voyage Widget: www.spv.de/blackmoresnight/widget / www.blackmoresnight.com / www.myspace.com/blackmoresnight1. 8O

Killer of Giants

Re: Blackmore's Night (Folk music??)

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:04 am

uhhh i hate pixie music.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

All Access Member

Postby BlackHeaven » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:48 am

Yeah, and Ritchie wonders why he never gets the same credit that Jim Page and Tony Iommi do...

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby paul » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:16 am

I knew that was out.
It is pretty good to listen to if you wanna hear some different guitar work.
Blackmore should do a Rainbow reunion.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:05 pm

paul wrote:I knew that was out.
there was gonna be a Rainbow Reunion around 97 but Cozy Powell passed away and it was cancelled. A Reunion wouldnt be the same with out Cozy. Blackmore should join Deep Purple again!
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:15 pm

Wow, that was nice! I went took a peek at the Blackmorenight 'Site: it's wonderful that the legendary Master guitarist/musician Ritchie Blackmore is at solid peace with what he likes to do and that is play all kinds of music. Great sound...'and Folk music is grandly special no doubt, it roots go very deep Worldwide. So, it's special as is many genres of music: I wish the Deep Purple/Blackmore master Icon guitarist Ritchie Blackmore & his band Blackmore Night (I do believe that's his wife doing the lead Vocals in the band...'beautiful/lyrical voice she has) continue success in all his many music talents he's been blessed with. 8) Peace!

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:10 pm

I have the first blackmore's night album and the playing on it is amazing......as far as not getting the credit that jimmy page does, I don't think he cares!!! at least he is still releasing new and interesting material...when did jimmy page last release anything new?????? 1998??? at least blackmore can still call himself a guitarist!!!!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:58 pm

Never really got why so many people dug this guy. In fact Deep Purple wasnt even all that great IMO. His stuff all sounds real simple and boring if ya ask me. But nobody asked me so il shut up and go watch my Tesla DVD :lol: .

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:01 pm

CharvelSuperStrat wrote:
paul wrote:I knew that was out.
there was gonna be a Rainbow Reunion around 97 but Cozy Powell passed away and it was cancelled. A Reunion wouldnt be the same with out Cozy. Blackmore should join Deep Purple again!

OH man... I so don't agree with that mate. Cozy was good and all, but come on, Rainbow was Blackmore and Dio and later of course, Joe Lyn Turner.

I appreciate the drummers don't get me wrong, but Rainbow could fill the drummer position any day of the week if Blackmore and Dio were back on the wagon.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:05 pm

I think this sounds pretty cool. I've never quite gotten a hold on where Ritchie's lead-play is comin' from, and I'm usually gonna be close to the front of the line when it comes to Jethro Tull style music. 'Course, we can always hang out with harddriver, wipe out a couple bags of potato chips, stay up all-night, and get weary eyed over Tesla. Huh-huh-hooh! Just rockin' your world, buddy. Good to hear from you. Laughter is Z best medicine! :lol: 8) :)

Return to Free for all...