NEW Metallica song from Death Magnetic

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: NEW Metallica song from Death Magnetic

Postby frethead » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:14 am

Thanks, SYTHARNIA, HELL TANNER, MRMETAL and STRATATTACK, for those trash votes!! I'm beginning to see this going to the dogs, so I'm going to cast my vote for the can. I must say that Rick Reuben did make Chris and Richie Robinson- the original Black Crowes, a couple high school buddies of mine, into household names, of a sort. Now, let's get to that most pressing of issues. Metallica's Death Magnetic . . .

TRAAaaaAAAaaAAAaaaAAASSHH !!!
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Postby skezza » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:22 pm

frethead wrote:Thanks, SYTHARNIA, HELL TANNER, MRMETAL and STRATATTACK, for those trash votes!! I'm beginning to see this going to the dogs, so I'm going to cast my vote for the can. I must say that Rick Reuben did make Chris and Richie Robinson- the original Black Crowes, a couple high school buddies of mine, into household names, of a sort. Now, let's get to that most pressing of issues. Metallica's Death Magnetic . . .

Uhum i said it was naffy, thats english for crap and tacky, which is english for cheap sounding :P :lol:
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:21 pm

Chalk another one for the Naffy Bin then. Thanks for the English/British/Motherland lesson there skezza.

:lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:11 pm

they have just released the first single and its worse than this sing....sounds like a country song from load/reload....will be passing on getting the album....at least motley crue/def leppard/testament have released awesome albums

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:38 am

stratattack wrote:Well we all know Mustain is a great song writer and a far better Guitar polayer then Kirk Hammet I know James must be kicking himseklf in the ass sometimes for that!!!

You know, I don't how to desribe Dave Mustaine's position. He surely isn't only a rythm guitarist, nor lead and he has other guitarists to do that for him. He wrote all the tunes for Megadeth, this guy is the epitome of Megadeth. I think Dave Mustine is just mainly a (great) song writer instead of a rythm guitarist / vocals or a lead guitarist. 8) I personally don't like all Mustaine's solos because on some songs, it seems like he's just winging it. But I do like his solos, such as Wake Up Dead, Lucretia (It fits so perfectly right after Marty's), Holy Wars, Skull Beneath the Skin to mention Dave's good leads. Just my opinion. :P
"Hahaha, you don't see rockstars with straight A's in high school and such," says johnthebrucelee. "Actually, that only goes to show that playin' guitar ain't rocket science," Deansolo remarked. ;)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Bloody scourge!!! So sorry, ol' chap! HA-HAh-HAAaah! Skezza, I didn't mean to leave your name out of the credits for voting! Hah-HAH! I wasn't real sure what you meant by "naffy," though! Tell you what I'm gonna do . . . I'm going to trash that band again, in your honor!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:45 am

John, I don't mean to be rude, but you could learn quite a bit from Dave's technique - the guy is freaking brilliant. He writes some killer riffs and plays lead as well as any other metal guitarist. He is a pentatonic guy, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Postby skezza » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:53 am

mrmetal wrote:John, I don't mean to be rude, but you could learn quite a bit from Dave's technique - the guy is freaking brilliant. He writes some killer riffs and plays lead as well as any other metal guitarist. He is a pentatonic guy, but there is nothing wrong with that.
Wake Up Dead solo isnt pentatonic :P

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:41 pm

Metallica Suck!

Megadeth Rules!
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Postby skezza » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:12 am

frethead wrote:Bloody scourge!!! So sorry, ol' chap! HA-HAh-HAAaah! Skezza, I didn't mean to leave your name out of the credits for voting! Hah-HAH! I wasn't real sure what you meant by "naffy," though! Tell you what I'm gonna do . . . I'm going to trash that band again, in your honor!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Naff :P

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:03 pm

skezza wrote:
frethead wrote:Bloody scourge!!! So sorry, ol' chap! HA-HAh-HAAaah! Skezza, I didn't mean to leave your name out of the credits for voting! Hah-HAH! I wasn't real sure what you meant by "naffy," though! Tell you what I'm gonna do . . . I'm going to trash that band again, in your honor!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Naff :P

You learn something everyday Right?! Whatever. Metallica bites.
Last edited by frethead on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:59 am

mrmetal wrote:John, I don't mean to be rude, but you could learn quite a bit from Dave's technique - the guy is freaking brilliant. He writes some killer riffs and plays lead as well as any other metal guitarist. He is a pentatonic guy, but there is nothing wrong with that.

Of course there's nothing wrong with Pentatonics. :P Yeah he does write killer riffs and I do like his leads. It's just that I'm not used to his style of his lead playing, I'm just more inclined to solos from like say Randy Rhoads, Jake E Lee, Zakk Wylde (truly a master of the pentatonics), Dimebag, Marty Friedman, and the like.. Dave Mustaine is pretty unique, I've never really heard a guitarist solo like him.
"Hahaha, you don't see rockstars with straight A's in high school and such," says johnthebrucelee. "Actually, that only goes to show that playin' guitar ain't rocket science," Deansolo remarked. ;)

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:30 am

Yah and Kirk just does what James Tells him too!!!!

MEGADETH RULES!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:43 pm

stratattack wrote:Yah and Kirk just does what James Tells him too!!!!

MEGADETH RULES!!!

Ha-Ha Ha!!! I can hear it now! "Sell your self out!" "Yeah, that's good."

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:26 am

After watching " Some Kind of Monster " its really hard for me to get into Metallica anymore. I do like Robert Trujillo though. As far as the whole Megadeth argument goes its kinda hard to gauge them as a band when a different dude is playing bass and drums on about every album. Mustaine is the shit though and the guy can play and is a hell of a songwriter. As far as the new Metallica song goes i cant really trash because its not the worse song ive ever heard but i probably wont run out and buy the cd right away. Well as usual ive babbled on and not really made a valid point so i guess il just shut up and go watch POISON LIVE RAW AND UNCUT and get drunk and then watch my METALOCOLYPSE vol1 DVD ... KU KU YEA BU BU BABY ........ MURDERFACE RULES..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...