Priest news

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Priest news

Postby Doobie » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:15 am

Judas Priest to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Tuesday, September 2nd, 2008!
Name any current heavy metal band, and they've knowingly or unknowingly borrowed a thing or two from Judas Priest. Having sold millions of albums (including such classics as 'British Steel,''Screaming for Vengeance,' and 'Painkiller'), scored many radio standards ("Breaking the Law," "Living After Midnight," and "You've Got Another Thing Comin'"), and staged numerous sold out tours for decades by this point, you'd think that Judas Priest has accomplished just about everything within the rock stratosphere.
But 2008 has seen several firsts for the band - their first-ever concept album (and highest U.S. charting album of their entire career), 'Nostradamus,' as well as their first-ever late night U.S. television performance, on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live,' which will see Priest play a free outdoor 5 song mini-concert on Tuesday, September 2nd, at 6:15pm in Los Angeles, California.
To get your free tickets, visit www.1iota.com for more information. Everyone must be at least 16 years old with a valid ID, and no knapsacks or bags of any kind will be allowed at the outdoor performance (all of this information and more is included when they get tickets). Come witness this sure-to-be unforgettable union of the metal gods and the late night TV god!

AND more Priest news ...

Metal God Entertainment and Rob Halford are pleased to announce New York screenings of Halford Resurrection World Tour Documentary an Official Selection of the New York International Independent Video and Film Festival (NYIIVFF) September 18th ­ 25th in the category of Best Music Documentary. Halford Resurrection World Tour Documentary NYIIVFF screenings are to be held at The Village East at 8 pm September 22nd and September 23rd, 2008. For tickets visit www.RobHalford.com/nyfilm or www.nyfilmvideo.com/2008/ny-fall-2008/s ... r-2008.htm.
Hosted by Rob Halford and members of his new solo band, Resurrection World Tour documents each new Halford musician as they find themselves in a fast-paced world of Heavy Metal greatness after being selected to write, record and tour the world with Metals most revered songwriter / vocalist.
Halford Resurrection World Tour - Live At Rock In Rio III a three hour DVD debuts October 7, 2008 in a Custom-Designed Digi Pak, twenty-eight page booklet and includes Halford's debut CD release: Resurrection ­ Remastered with 16 songs including two new Halford tracks.
The DVD also includes Halford's complete Rock In Rio III performance in 5.1 surround audio. Thirteen cameras are fixed on Metal's most diverse band of the decade as The Metal God delivers one of his best live performances in front of two-hundred thousand+ Brazilians. Featuring Halford, Fight, Judas Priest classics also featuring Bruce Dickinson in a rare studio performance with Rob Halford. Stereo and 5.1 Surround Mixed by Roy Z. and Mastered by Technicolor.
Limited Edition Digi Pak Includes Custom-Numbered Digi Pak, 1 DVD, 1 CD, 28 Page Booklet, Original Rob Halford Autograph and Rare Halford Radio (CD) Sampler.
Halford Resurrection World Tour - Live At Rock In Rio III 5.1 DVD Pre-Sale Is Now Underway at www.MetalGodShop.com and Your Preferred E-tailer.

Killer of Giants

Re: Priest news

Postby stratattack » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:49 pm

You know Ill be watching
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:14 pm

Heeell, yeah!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:35 am

priest have really pissed me off after announcing a concert in new zealand, they cancelled cause they didn't sell the tickets they thought they would so f#*k them :x :x

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:34 am

They kicked ass in Houston that is for sure!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:36 am

Thanks - I'm setting the timer on my recorder 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:43 am

sytharnia wrote:priest have really pissed me off after announcing a concert in new zealand, they cancelled cause they didn't sell the tickets they thought they would so f#*k them :x :x

It sounds like they'd already placed New Zealand on the f#*ked list for not showing up. Better luck next time, Syn.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:26 am

I have yet to see a bad Priest show Ever
The artist formally known as Brawler

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby THOR » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:52 pm

Saw them a few days ago in Phoenix, and they kicked ass!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:38 pm

I saw them three or four times in Atlanta, and never a bad decision.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:26 pm

stratattack wrote:I have yet to see a bad Priest show Ever

I agree priest wouldn't put on a bad show.....but I won't pay to see it in another country (australia for me) when they cancel their show here "F" them

All Access Member

Postby jb42371 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:54 pm

I saw the show sat. at devore in CA. I never saw them before, always wanted to, man they blew me away! Rob was amazing, I thought the age thing for them would be a problem, they are as awesome as a great band should be! Totally kicked ass!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:26 pm

jb42371 wrote:I saw the show sat. at devore in CA. I never saw them before, always wanted to, man they blew me away! Rob was amazing, I thought the age thing for them would be a problem, they are as awesome as a great band should be! Totally kicked ass!

Rob can squeal like noone can, and the band stands there and batters you 'till your teeth rattle loose!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:15 am

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:01 am

frethead wrote:
jb42371 wrote:I saw the show sat. at devore in CA. I never saw them before, always wanted to, man they blew me away! Rob was amazing, I thought the age thing for them would be a problem, they are as awesome as a great band should be! Totally kicked ass!

Rob can squeal like noone can, and the band stands there and batters you 'till your teeth rattle loose!!!

I bet Ralf Sheepers and Tim Owens could hang with Rob. :wink:

Next

Return to Free for all...