NEW Metallica song from Death Magnetic

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: NEW Metallica song from Death Magnetic

Postby stratattack » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:09 am

I still Feel The Best Magadeath Line up was

Dave. Marty, Nick and Eleffson I agree with Harddriver that after some kind of monster it was hard to really dig Metallica when all you saw was a shrink as well as allot of bitching...
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:00 pm
Location: Niagara Falls

Re: NEW Metallica song from Death Magnetic

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:52 pm

stratattack wrote:I still Feel The Best Magadeath Line up was

Dave. Marty, Nick and Eleffson I agree with Harddriver that after some kind of monster it was hard to really dig Metallica when all you saw was a shrink as well as allot of bitching...


Ill 2nd that Megadeth opinion.

Metallica's Sum Kind oF Monster showcased just how much confidence these guys have lost. Kirk Hammett also has no stones and does as told indeed LOL. They have no identity and apparently no idea on how or what to do. New stuff sounds like Master, Garage Days RE RE visited and St Anger. It's amazing how obvious it is just how much they miss Cliff Burton as a musician and as a person. As good as Newsted and Trujillo are no one has come close to really replacing him as a contributing band member.
Newsted never really seemed or felt accepted and Robert seems like a hired gun. I think that's why Bob Rock lasted as long as he did with Metallica as their de facto mentor. The backlash of him playing bass and getting to close to the band to be critical of the music they were making with him as producer, was too much. Change needed to be made but so far it sounds like another subpar offering from a once legendary band.

All Access Member
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: NEW Metallica song from Death Magnetic

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:39 pm

I like the song "Fuel" alot for it has fierce energies and I like the live performance from METALLICA on that Classic song: I quess it's from the Re-Load or Load album/Cd which personally to me/I like the whole album but "Fuel" just captured me more. I also like "Whereever I May Roam, Master of Puppets & whole bunch of others heavy Classic Metal songs" that the legendary Metallica put their established signature on. Their new album (strange cover/I don't know if it's a finger print or some kinda tree with a box in the middle) Metallica "Death Magnetic" - ..'sorry, the mojo server to the youtube is very "slow" and I don't have the patience for it to be fixed so I could not hear the new song there called "Cyanide" but on the Bravewords music news Website there's a deeply/heavy passionate new song there by Metallica..'the title escapes me but it has touching acoustics & heavy electric guitars in it and James Hetfields vocals continues to surprise me/the man can sing "beautiful" voice. I know I've been sorta avoiding Metallica 'cause my bassist Jason Newsted (also, quite creative & has moved on w/his music career) is no longer present & that hurts that his no longer apart of the force that make's them unique. I wouldn't mind checking out this new album from METALLICA (it sounds both heavy/and sad to me) for they put alot of passionate works into it..'and I sincerely wish them continue success with their music career. 8)

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: NEW Metallica song from Death Magnetic

Postby johnthebrucelee » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:47 pm

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601197

Okay, so this site has six songs from the new album. My hopes for this album is going down after listening to them... :( But there are some catchy riffs. I still want to give the album a chance though.
"Hahaha, you don't see rockstars with straight A's in high school and such," says johnthebrucelee. "Actually, that only goes to show that playin' guitar ain't rocket science," Deansolo remarked. ;)

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OBeach town, Florida

Re: NEW Metallica song from Death Magnetic

Postby frethead » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:41 pm

Dang, those guys are really getting alot of attention from the JEL site goers around here! I thought they sucked twenty years ago, and they sure haven't improved since then! Never got 'em, I guess. 'nough said.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: NEW Metallica song from Death Magnetic

Postby stratattack » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:26 am

MrScary1971 wrote:
stratattack wrote:I still Feel The Best Magadeath Line up was

Dave. Marty, Nick and Eleffson I agree with Harddriver that after some kind of monster it was hard to really dig Metallica when all you saw was a shrink as well as allot of bitching...


Ill 2nd that Megadeth opinion.

Metallica's Sum Kind oF Monster showcased just how much confidence these guys have lost. Kirk Hammett also has no stones and does as told indeed LOL. They have no identity and apparently no idea on how or what to do. New stuff sounds like Master, Garage Days RE RE visited and St Anger. It's amazing how obvious it is just how much they miss Cliff Burton as a musician and as a person. As good as Newsted and Trujillo are no one has come close to really replacing him as a contributing band member.
Newsted never really seemed or felt accepted and Robert seems like a hired gun. I think that's why Bob Rock lasted as long as he did with Metallica as their de facto mentor. The backlash of him playing bass and getting to close to the band to be critical of the music they were making with him as producer, was too much. Change needed to be made but so far it sounds like another subpar offering from a once legendary band.


I still think deep in kirks mind he still feels like a hired hand.. I always thought he should be able to go solo and show everyone his true self!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:00 pm
Location: Niagara Falls

Re: NEW Metallica song from Death Magnetic

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:30 pm

stratattack wrote:
MrScary1971 wrote:
stratattack wrote:I still Feel The Best Magadeath Line up was

Dave. Marty, Nick and Eleffson I agree with Harddriver that after some kind of monster it was hard to really dig Metallica when all you saw was a shrink as well as allot of bitching...


Ill 2nd that Megadeth opinion.

Metallica's Sum Kind oF Monster showcased just how much confidence these guys have lost. Kirk Hammett also has no stones and does as told indeed LOL. They have no identity and apparently no idea on how or what to do. New stuff sounds like Master, Garage Days RE RE visited and St Anger. It's amazing how obvious it is just how much they miss Cliff Burton as a musician and as a person. As good as Newsted and Trujillo are no one has come close to really replacing him as a contributing band member.
Newsted never really seemed or felt accepted and Robert seems like a hired gun. I think that's why Bob Rock lasted as long as he did with Metallica as their de facto mentor. The backlash of him playing bass and getting to close to the band to be critical of the music they were making with him as producer, was too much. Change needed to be made but so far it sounds like another subpar offering from a once legendary band.


I still think deep in kirks mind he still feels like a hired hand.. I always thought he should be able to go solo and show everyone his true self!!!


Good point, I never thought of it that way. James and Lars are quite adept at alienating people within the band. Even they realized it was time to turn him loose.

Previous

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests