New release

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

New release

Postby Doobie » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:52 am

The phrasing is not mine (I wouldn't place him this high on a pedestal).
From Melodicrock.com
GUITAR LEGEND YNGWIE MALMSTEEN UNLEASHES FIRST NEW ALBUM IN THREE YEARS:
Press Release / The global rock guitar community will undoubtedly mark October 14, 2008 on their calendars, as this is the exact date that Yngwie Malmsteen will be issuing his latest studio triumph, Perpetual Flame. The album will the first-ever Yngwie album to be released via Rising Force Records (distributed via Koch), while the album also marks the debut on an Yngwie album by ex-Judas Priest/Iced Earth frontman, Tim 'Ripper' Owens.
Twelve tracks of pure six string metallic bliss (which stretches to almost 70 minutes total), the album was produced and engineered by Yngwie himself, and mixed by Roy Z (who has previously worked with Judas Priest and Bruce Dickinson, among others). Joining Yngwie and Ripper on the album is keyboardist Derek Sherinian and drummer Patrick Johansson (Yngwie contributed bass, additional keyboards, and vocals, as well), but on tour, Michael Troy will supply keyboards, and Bjorn Englen will be laying down the bass. A supporting tour of the U.S. and Canada is slated to run through all of October.
Single-handedly, Yngwie Malmsteen trailblazed the classical metal movement in the 1980's. During a time when the majority of guitarists were merely copying Eddie Van Halen, Yngwie was one of the few rock guitarists to create his own instantly-identifiable playing style – which has been subsequently mimicked by countless other guitarists. Yngwie is responsible for issuing some of the metal's all-time great guitar classics, especially such releases as 1984's 'Rising Force,' 1985's 'Marching Out,' 1992's 'Fire and Ice,' and most recently, 2005's 'Unleash the Fury.'
In addition to the arrival of 'Perpetual Flame' in October, another career highlight is slated for the following month – Yngwie has teamed up with the Fender® Custom Shop to reconstruct his beloved Yngwie Malmsteen “Play Loud” Stratocaster® guitar, which be unveiled globally on November 28th (limited edition of 106 tribute series guitars) and there will be a slew of CD reissues of Yngwie classics to soon be announced. And the accolades continue to pour in - 'Roadie Crew Magazine' organized a poll in which 330 respected rock guitarists were asked to vote for their favorite guitarist of all-time. Yngwie checked in at a lofty number 3, only behind fellow legends Jimi Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen. Without question, 2008 is shaping up to be the year of Yngwie.
Complete Tracklisting For 'Perpetual Flame': 1. Death Dealer 2. Damnation Game 3. Live to Fight (Another Day) 4. Red Devil 5. Four Horsemen (Of the Apocalypse) 6. Priest of the Unholy 7. Be Careful What You Wish For 8. Caprici Di Diablo 9. Lament 10. Magic City 11. Eleventh Hour 12. Heavy Heart.
WebLinks: www.YngwieMalmsteen.com (official page) / www.RisingForceRecords.com (official record company page – will be launched soon) / www.fender.com/yngwie/english/ (information – and video clip - about Yngwie's signature guitar.

All Access Member

Re: New release

Postby gtraddict » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:59 am

I totally respect Yngwie's (Lars) technical proficiency, but he has become a parody of himself.

"My Humble Collection"
Last edited by gtraddict on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:38 am

i hate that its called Perpetual Flame! way to rip off Jason Becker!
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:48 am

gtraddict wrote:I totally respect Yngwie's (Lars) technical proficiency, but he has become a parody of himself.

Lars? you know that Yngwie is his real name right? ;)
atleast an americanized version of the original Yngve,
but still, it's pronounced the same way ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:19 pm

Hell yes I have been looking forward to this. Yngwie is the GOD of guitar period!

Now that he has Ripper in the band, it should be pretty interesting. They kicked ass at Rock the Bayou.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:06 pm

I couldn't quite grasp the main post message above: I don't know if someone was putting down YNGWIE or vice a versa concerning his music styles/so that was "unclear" to me as for his newest release/I understood that. Well, his Royal-Guitar Highnest has a new album out? I'm teasing when I say that anyway GUITAR WORLD called him that (Royal Highnest) in one of their feature interviews some couple of issues ago this year of him/Yngwie Malmsteen on the cover holding this royal sceptor it was quite a image. It was an issue discussing whose the finest in speed & master skills playing the guitar and Guitar World choose YNGWIE as #1 with other guitar speed/skill masters short briefs/the fastest to me though is Impelleteri (his mega awesome) which he was in the issue but I felt he should of been more in the limelight, too! Of course Yngwie J. Malmsteen is justly & rightly on the cover/feature the legendary virtuoso is mega talented/and has quite a temper. So I wish vocalist Ripper Owens much success & happiness in his new music guest and to continue with his Solo works, too. Peace! :o :P

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:20 pm

Shadow wrote:Impelleteri (his mega awesome) which he was in the issue but I felt he should of been more in the limelight, too!

the reason behind this is that most sees him as
a carbon-copy of Yngwie ... there you go ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:26 pm

CharvelSuperStrat wrote:i hate that its called Perpetual Flame! way to rip off Jason Becker!

Yeah I just noticed that. :?
"Hahaha, you don't see rockstars with straight A's in high school and such," says johnthebrucelee. "Actually, that only goes to show that playin' guitar ain't rocket science," Deansolo remarked. ;)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Man, I'm goin' to tell you one time! You don't want to be in my way!!! HAA-HAH-HAAAH!! I'm totally psyched!!!
Yeah, I was watching one of those Samantha Brown travelling shows, and while in Copenhagen, she visited this laundromat that seemed to be more of a, like, coffee bar/ deli/ sportsbar with a few "stacked" laundry machines in the closet, and the guy working there said "Eeng -vee" was his name. Sheez, just when you think you know someone!
I can appreciate the statement concerning how Yngwie may have become "a parody of himself," but if so, may it also be said that, were he to play ten minutes in that famously noted Alan Holdsworth/ EVH style of playing - hammers-on and pulls-off ( If, even, embellishing upon his famously charted work in the exotic minors), that Yngwie could be a parody of Alan/ Eddie/ and himself? Whoops. A vision which struggles to come into view, even as it diminishes! :wink:
Last edited by frethead on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:25 pm

Definitely buying this and Yngwie doesn't disappoint. One of my favorite solos of Yngwie is his cover of VH's "Light Up The Sky" with Doug Pinnick on vocals. Simply amazing.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:52 am

MrScary1971 wrote:Definitely buying this and Yngwie doesn't disappoint. One of my favorite solos of Yngwie is his cover of VH's "Light Up The Sky" with Doug Pinnick on vocals. Simply amazing.

:x
I haven't heard that one, Scary. I'll have to say, though, that my favorite Yngschwayed solo is still, pretty much, Island in the Sun. I know, I know! It's just that it was so primitive, one might think, to have come Yngwie! Bonus upon bonus, if you're listening to Alcatrazz ( No Parole . . . ) or Steeler, it's just Yng and his guitar running straight into a wall of Marshalls! Now, you had better be taking notes, because that's what I'm talking about!!! :D
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Return to Free for all...