Who will win?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

who do you think will win the USA 2008 election?

Republicans
42%
Democrats
58%

Total votes : 19
Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Who will win?

Postby Vernon » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:33 pm

Hey mrmetal,
I like Biden I don't agree with everything about him but that's life.
You prove great thinking by Obama better than I could.
McCain would've never picked a running mate that wasn't a political carbon copy of himself.
Obama chose Biden and that proves to me he is open to many ideas....not just his own.
Unlike Bush and most Republicans.

Here's a good article on Palin and her same sex marrige stance.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/10/20 ... 1945.shtml

She is almost a complete and total idiot when she speaks.

Now lets examine a constitutional amendment further....
Gay people deserve the rights the rest of us have.They don't have that now.
That's like saying we're gonna make a constitutional amendment to ban smoking pot.
People will always smoke pot and people will always be gay.
Like it or not....that is reality.

Republicans want to make this country....in 2008.....be like The Andy Griffith Show.
The real world is nothing like Mayberry as much as we would all like it to be.
I'm sure there were gay people and pot smokers in Mayberry but most Repulicans hide behind religion and close their eyes to truth and reality.Therefore many real issues never get confronted.

I live in Massachusetts.....as I'm sure you're aware we are very liberal on same sex marrage.
The California ban will never stand.You wait and see.

Now onto the bailout plan.
I personally wasn't for it.
To me....bailing those people out with my money is like baling out a company like Coca Cola if they go bankrupt.
It's not right and it's not the American way.
The next bailout could be GM and these "bailout plans" scare the shit out of me.I'm not for them in the least.
later...

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:57 pm

Gay marriage was shot down in Florida, thank God. There's already too much moral putrefaction, decadence, and depravity in the world without handing kudos to Adam and Steve. Lascivious, unprincipled and mannerless people are what the entertainment world/ big media would have us believe we should attain to, and that isn't Mayberry, that's hopeless.
Last edited by frethead on Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:50 pm

I guess if I was gay it would be more of an issue to me. Like I said, I could care less. That is not something I look for in a candidate in any way. But I am right that most Americans do not support it. Just watch the CNN debates and look at the graph when they are discussing it. Both men and women overwhemlingly supported Biden's and Palin's take on that issue.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Vernon » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:59 pm

I know I won't change anyones mind on the issue of same sex marrige so here are some of my last thoughts to share on this topic.

A constitutional amendment banning same sex marrige is futile.
Here is why.Gay people will continue to live together....regardless if they have a piece of paper to prove thier union or not.
Just as pot smokers will smoke pot regardless of whether it's legal or not.

I'm not gay and I could really care less what people do in the privacy of their own homes.
Now let's look at this issue further.
Some gay couples have childern and are "families" anyway.
To step in the way of proof of anyones love is rediculous to me.
Whether or not we agree with the gay lifestyle.....government will never stop homosexuality.
So we can ignore gay couples all we want but the fact of the matter is that this issue will not go away until gay people have equal rights whether it be tommorow or 50 years from now.They will gain equality.

In an American economy like we are in now....there are much more serious issues to confront and actually solve.

I imagine people reading this calling me a bleeding heart.
Think of this.
A gay couple has been together for decades.
One partner is on their death bed in a hospital.
The other partner cannot be allowed into the hospital room to simply hold hands because they are not considered "family" in the eyes of the hospital or the law.

I'm quite sure no one here is really cruel enough to deny 2 people love or proof of legal union.
Real religious people here should care less anyway.
I thought our judgement day will come.....supposedly.
If that really is the case than so be it.
We should spend our time on more serious issues in this country not political distractions such as same sex marrige.

In my best Forest Gump impersonation:
"That's all I have to say about that".
later...

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:48 am

I recognize that when a scientist tries to describe religion in scientific terms, it is a ludicrous and ideally insurmountable challenge, as is when a holy man tries to speak on the laws of science in terms of religion. I'll tell you why.

Science operates with the intellect, the faculty of mind which deals with seperate, individual things and the relationships between them. For the sake of agreement, we'll simply call this object of attention "diversity." Flip or toss the coin, and religion can only exist in the world of unity where yes and no, hot and cold, stillness and motion, light and dark, in and out, and all the other pairs of opposites disappear. Further, it can be said that religion occupies that "unknown" quality which lies beyond the contraries, and gives them meaning.

You have made it obvious to everyone that you have more than enough to say about the wide variety of things, Vernon, and having riveted myself to the exchange in this thread, I must inform you how I find it very difficult to accept with seriousness the things you say when you talk about pot smoking and homos and everything else you've spoken of "in one breath," and all with the candor and impartiality I'm beginning to recognize as a calling card for liberals as a whole . . .

The heart of the matter is in this clearing of smoke. Whether you consider yourself to be "real religious," or not, homosexuality is an abomination of the Holy Word, or the Law, and therefore, against God. I don't have any knowledge that it's illegal, or otherwise prosecutable by man's law, in this day and age. Nor is pot smoking, as best I know, against the law. Possession of it is, however, which makes it pretty hard to smoke without acting in violation of the law.

Do us all a favor and refrain from bashing Andy Griffith, too. Huh?! Who's it going to next, freakin' Alan Alda?! I s'pose, then you'll be on to Alex Trebek, which will inevitably lead to Dick Clark, if you're up for getting really low, you'll probably beat up on Captain Kangaroo 'till he's black and bloo, and from there it will be like the collapse of dominoes from the high chips all the way down to the low, with the likes of Leonard Nimoy to Wilford Brimley to Geraldo Rivera, and all to spearhead into the dark, dismal and climactic fall of Al Roker! Did I get you? Yeah, I got you!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Vernon » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:42 pm

Funny quote frethead...
"Whether you consider yourself to be "real religious," or not, homosexuality is an abomination of the Holy Word, or the Law, and therefore, against God".

Massachusetts allows same sex marrige.I think since 2004...if I remember right.
You should come up and visit us all on our Highway To Hell sometime.
Nothing at all has changed here except same sex marrige.
You call them homos though.....genius

Religion doesn't belong in politics.....genius.

I don't preach religious to you but yet....people like you must inform me of gods rules and how he will smite people like me.

So as long as you bring up an invisible man in the sky.......
I'm a bad person that doesn't know right from wrong.
I don't have any love or compassion in my heart.
But you do because god is on your side.

Sarcasm mode turned off.

Lighten up Dude.
Sounds like you really need to take a deep breath and relax.
Maybe you should try to go out and get yourself laid.
Not unmarried or protected sex though.....that would be against "gods will"
later....

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Vernon wrote:Funny quote frethead...
"Whether you consider yourself to be "real religious," or not, homosexuality is an abomination of the Holy Word, or the Law, and therefore, against God".

I don't preach religious to you but yet....people like you must inform me of gods rules and how he will smite people like me.

Sarcasm mode turned off.

Lighten up Dude.
later....

Boy, is this going to be good . . .

If nothing has changed up there, since 2004 except same sex marriage, your idea is that God's "an invisible man in the sky," and you liken your self to some damn machine, then SOMEONE needs to "inform you of God's rules and how he will smite people like you." Where would you be "without people like me?"

Whoahweowowowow! Well, shet, You want to get all personal, don't you. Huh? I'm certain that I didn't step into my "preachin' jeans." I'm not really sure that I have any. You're the guy that brought up being "real religious, or not!" Yeeesh! You try to make new . . . And, I thought that was pretty funny! Hmm. O well, you've got to go for the heart, now. You mark the spot, son, and I'll be waiting dead -center for you.

Now, I know that you're just a sad little boy, aren't you? You've gotten your feelings all hurted because I wasn't talking about you, and giving you special attention, didn't you? Awww. Does it hurt real bad? Hmm? LOL That's called the truth. LOL Maybe, now you won't constantly fall back on kissing ash. LOL Do you like it like this? LOL Atleast, I've discovered how to communicate effectively, with you. LOL I think I like it! LOL

Maybe when that Big Ol' Uncle Obama comes by to put some gas in your car, make the mortgage payment on your house, check to make sure you're feeling alright, put some cash in your hand, and take you to get some gwoshties, he can kiss it and make it feel better. LOL There, you would like that, now. Wouldn't you?

O, yeah . . . it's funny how this works, but it seems the farther north I go the darker, colder, noisier, and more crowded it gets. Now, here comes a bunch of same sex marriages and conceited, pot smoking sympathizers. Eh? What in the world makes you think that I'd want to drive all the way up there for a really, really, really bad time? Here's an idea, Eh? Why don't you come down here? Yeah! I'll give you directions, and we'll go fishing! I'll even show you this really neat trick for catching gators? Eh?

Now, let's be real. "Lighten up, dude?" Perfect. Do not ever presume to give me suggestions, Smoky Rainbow Chaser. O, yeah, I've been married for five years, and I don't give a rat's ash, but maybe you should go out and try to get yourself laid. Was that personal enough for you? How's that, wiseguy?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:44 pm

Lets hope for the very best for this Country to get back on it's supportive footings: and help those in need "here" and "aboard"...'so much taxing will go up next year due to both Party staffs Republicans/Democrates spending out of the spectrum that the US Citizens pay for their greed of over spending especially when it comes to California. This been happening since as long as I can remember back in the 70's it's like why is CA always in a fix "financially" it's due to overspending by both parties-so I'm leary of staffing and hopefully this time around in this new millenium/President elect Obama & new Dem/Rep staffing that they be more concise of what they spend instead of us Citizens always paying for their/other mistakes of past. As, for the marriage issues well personally to me that is GOD Abiding (for all religeous Faiths/Christian, etc.,.) & not to be taken lightly/to be triffle with it is between a "man & woman" and should be respected & honoured. With that said I do not have anything against gay people they have a right to be with whom they desire to be with & if they want to marry well maybe they need to come up with an respectful agenda that doesn't intervene with what is already "established/rooted" in the Law & most importantly the Bible. Much respects!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:15 am

I believe some people are wired that way. Why would God create a being in such a way that is against his law? If we were made in his image, then that should not happen right?

Short answer, it's not his law. It is man's law speaking on behalf of God.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Vernon » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:50 am

frethead wrote:
Vernon wrote:Funny quote frethead...

Sarcasm mode turned off.

Lighten up Dude.
later....

Boy, is this going to be good . . .

If nothing has changed up there, since 2004 except same sex marriage, your idea is that God's "an invisible man in the sky," and you liken your self to some damn machine, then SOMEONE needs to "inform you of God's rules and how he will smite people like you." Where would you be "without people like me?"

Whoahweowowowow! Well, shet, You want to get all personal, don't you. Huh? I'm certain that I didn't step into my "preachin' jeans." I'm not really sure that I have any. You're the guy that brought up being "real religious, or not!" Yeeesh! You try to make new . . . And, I thought that was pretty funny! Hmm. O well, you've got to go for the heart, now. You mark the spot, son, and I'll be waiting dead -center for you.

Now, I know that you're just a sad little boy, aren't you? You've gotten your feelings all hurted because I wasn't talking about you, and giving you special attention, didn't you? Awww. Does it hurt real bad? Hmm? LOL That's called the truth. LOL Maybe, now you won't constantly fall back on kissing ash. LOL Do you like it like this? LOL Atleast, I've discovered how to communicate effectively, with you. LOL I think I like it! LOL

Maybe when that Big Ol' Uncle Obama comes by to put some gas in your car, make the mortgage payment on your house, check to make sure you're feeling alright, put some cash in your hand, and take you to get some gwoshties, he can kiss it and make it feel better. LOL There, you would like that, now. Wouldn't you?

O, yeah . . . it's funny how this works, but it seems the farther north I go the darker, colder, noisier, and more crowded it gets. Now, here comes a bunch of same sex marriages and conceited, pot smoking sympathizers. Eh? What in the world makes you think that I'd want to drive all the way up there for a really, really, really bad time? Here's an idea, Eh? Why don't you come down here? Yeah! I'll give you directions, and we'll go fishing! I'll even show you this really neat trick for catching gators? Eh?

Now, let's be real. "Lighten up, dude?" Perfect. Do not ever presume to give me suggestions, Smoky Rainbow Chaser. O, yeah, I've been married for five years, and I don't give a rat's ash, but maybe you should go out and try to get yourself laid. Was that personal enough for you? How's that, wiseguy?

Hey Frethead,
This has now gotten fun.
You wouldn't call me son or little boy to my face.... internet tough guy cause I'd pound you.

Where would I be without you....
I'd be right where I am in Massachusetts with my girlfriend,family and friends that love me.
I'm not a machine nor do I represent myself as uncaring or unfeeling to others.

I've got friends in Florida....Tampa to be exact and if I ever do go down there for another visit....I'll be sure to tell you here and we'll...."mark the spot" as you say.....internet tough guy.

You brought up religion and how your god feels about gay people.
All I said was that I wasn't religious because I was trying to imply how I wanted to keep this conversation political and not religious.

BTW...no one needs to inform me of >your gods rules< because the rules of Frethead's god don't apply to me.
My feelings are far from hurt by the likes of you.
Your posts have been an endless source of comedy to my family and friends :lol: :lol:
The truth seems to be something that is very,very hard for >you< to face.
You are a great comunicator of comedy.I've learned how to cominicate with people like you a long time ago.
Did you finish high school....genius?
By the sound of your last post....my guess is you didn't.
But then again....you were probably too busy at the fishin' hole wraslin' gators. :lol:

Obama has got to do better than Bush did.Our country hasn't been in this bad of shape in our lifetime.

You say it's noisy and crowded in Massachusetts huh.
You've obviously never been here.
Yup....we like to smoke our great pot up here as do people in Florida and all across this great,free pot smoking land of ours.
You're right it does get pretty cold up here sometimes and BTW the cold weather up here makes us all pretty tough.
You know what we do sometimes when it gets cold up here?
We get some nice,big,warm bankets cuddle up together and love each other >gay or otherwise<.

But then again....you're right....people like you >don't< last long up here because as you imply...close minded people like yourself simply can't handle our lifestyle.
As you say....If I'm a rainbow chaser....you're a gator chaser.
I wonder what most people reading this would rather be.

I'm totally serious when I say I have friends in Tampa.
I'm also totally serious when I tell you now that I will PM you here well in advance of the time I plan to visit there.
Threaten me then....to my face....internet tough guy.
I'll bring my camera.....You be sure to have yours.
We'll post pictures....so there will be no confusion of our encounter.

You're last post was very,very angry.
Once again I tell you lighten up Dude.
Have you considered a low dose of valium?
Oh I forgot....a low dose of valium might hinder your ability to wrasle gators. :lol:

YEEEEHAAAW good buddy.
I assume you'll keep me laughing.
Thanks in advance :lol: :lol:
later.....

Postby Winter » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:31 am

I think Frethead has been smokin the same pot Vernon was talking about. His post is unintelligable. A true "keyboard warrior".

As far as same sex marriages go...read the New Testament. Nowhere in the New Testament did Jesus Christ condemn homosexuality. If you are a "Christian" I do believe it is his teachings that you follow?

This started of as a debate about politics. Not religion. As the comedian George Carlin said, "The Church and State should never mix...they have each fucked us all up on their own".

;)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:51 pm

Hey Vernon, it is amazing that you live all the way up there and have friends in Florida, bud! Dude, you are, like, irreplaceable! Coincidentally speaking, I haven't lost sleep over your twisted words . . . I never intentionally singled you out, or "called" you out. I've been a JEL.com member for over ten years, and if you've been a member at JEL.com for as long as you boast, then you certainly should know that I commonly use colorful expressions or exclamations, such as "boy," "man," unspecific slang, and such in my chatboard dialogue. Partner, I've approached connecting with you from several different angles, and it's just not happening. It just seems as if everytime I see you around, the shht gets stirred up. I haven't threatened you, and I'm not taking the blame. I knew you would, and I lead you a little, but you chose to become extraordinarily demented all by yourself. Now you're calling me ludicrous names, spewing idiotic nonsense and threatening me. I admitted that I had lost my cool with all the election crap, and my impending 40th (Nov.14), and continued trying to joke with you, but you just wouldn't hear it! Whatever. Now you've, apparently, called in the troops. Hooray! You have become uncollected, unfriendly, you're dragging the board down, and I'm not going to yammer back and forth with you, anymore. I hope you enjoy your stay in Tampa the next time you make it to Florida.
Winter, am I correct in supposing your implication is that forgiveness means nothing? Because, if repentance means nothing, then what reason could there possibly be to seek forgiveness? The very next chance you get, I hope you'll smoke one for me, 'cause I don't smoke. :roll:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Vernon » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:06 pm

frethead wrote:Hey Vernon, it is amazing that you live all the way up there and have friends in Florida, bud! Dude, you are, like, irreplaceable! Coincidentally speaking, I haven't lost sleep over your twisted words . . . I never intentionally singled you out, or "called" you out. I've been a JEL.com member for over ten years, and if you've been a member at JEL.com for as long as you boast, then you certainly should know that I commonly use colorful expressions or exclamations, such as "boy," "man," unspecific slang, and such in my chatboard dialogue. Partner, I've approached connecting with you from several different angles, and it's just not happening. It just seems as if everytime I see you around, the shht gets stirred up. I haven't threatened you, and I'm not taking the blame. I knew you would, and I lead you a little, but you chose to become extraordinarily demented all by yourself. Now you're calling me ludicrous names, spewing idiotic nonsense and threatening me. I admitted that I had lost my cool with all the election crap, and my impending 40th (Nov.14), and continued trying to joke with you, but you just wouldn't hear it! Whatever. Now you've, apparently, called in the troops. Hooray! You have become uncollected, unfriendly, you're dragging the board down, and I'm not going to yammer back and forth with you, anymore. I hope you enjoy your stay in Tampa the next time you make it to Florida.
Winter, am I correct in supposing your implication is that forgiveness means nothing? Because, if repentance means nothing, then what reason could there possibly be to seek forgiveness? The very next chance you get, I hope you'll smoke one for me, 'cause I don't smoke. :roll:

Hey Frethead,
Now I've got time to sit at the computer and respond to your last post properly.

First of all.....you said you never called me out.
Does this ring a bell in your head?

"You mark the spot, son, and I'll be waiting dead -center for you".

Or maybe you forgot these choice words you had for me.

"Now, I know that you're just a sad little boy, aren't you? You've gotten your feelings all hurted because I wasn't talking about you, and giving you special attention, didn't you? Awww. Does it hurt real bad? Hmm? LOL That's called the truth. LOL Maybe, now you won't constantly fall back on kissing ash. LOL Do you like it like this? LOL Atleast, I've discovered how to communicate effectively, with you. LOL I think I like it! LOL "

Nobody has ever called me "son" or "little boy" and not intended them as fighting words.
Now you suggest that I was upset over boy or man.
Nice try but your words have already spoken for you.

"Now you're calling me ludicrous names, spewing idiotic nonsense and threatening me".

The only name I called you was genius.
I am very aware that....that name is ludicrous for you.
So you might have a point there :)
I never threatened you per say.I offered to meet you with camera in hand some day to "mark the spot" as you put it to me.

"Now you've, apparently, called in the troops".

I have no idea what your above quote means.

You just turned 40 huh....great.
I have no idea what you mean by that at all.
But I turned 40 6 months ago.So we at least have 2 things in common.
We both play guitar and we're both 40.

Now let me recap the names you called me in your last post alone.
"Hey Vernon, it is amazing that you live all the way up there and have friends in Florida, bud"!
Yup...I travel alot and have quite a few friends.....all across this country.
I have friends in Europe too.Although,I've never been over there....yet.
So you imply that it it's amazing I have alot of friends?
If so....nice insult there....good one

"I haven't lost sleep over your twisted words".
Nice insult there....good one.

"I've been a JEL.com member for over ten years, and if you've been a member at JEL.com for as long as you boast".
Nice insult there....implying that I'm al liar......good one.

"It just seems as if everytime I see you around, the shht gets stirred up".

"Now you're calling me ludicrous names, spewing idiotic nonsense and threatening me".

This last quote is my favorite.
"you're dragging the board down"
Nice insult there.
Who appointed you the supreme leader of the Jake E Lee fan club?
You're the one filled with emotions Dude.
Lighten up.It's just an internet post board.I think you're taking things here way too seriously.
Almost anything I pointed out that you said to me.....in your last post alone.....would be fighting words for me in real life.
But really....I'm trying to have as much fun.....meeting new people and learning new things here as I possably can.

You ignore me.....I'll ignore you and I'm sure we'll get along just fine.
later....

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:27 am

LOL.... so much for ending the war in Iraq.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 0107.story

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Vernon » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:01 am

mrmetal wrote:LOL.... so much for ending the war in Iraq.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 0107.story

Hey mrmetal,
Good article....(true).
IMO if Obama doesn't start some sort of plan to get us out.....as soon as he's in.....we'll probably be lucky to get out in 4 years.
Just like you said in one of your posts here.

It should be interesting to see the things Obama does.I'm thinking he might get us out of Iraq and then point to the diversity of his cabinet to sort of pacify people that are still for the war.

I'm really gonna be paying attention to Obama's first really big decisions as president.
Although I'm not all that hopeful.It'll probably be politics as usual.....with nothing getting done about our really serious issues for a long time.
later....

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...