Unknowns

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Unknowns

Postby dave1021 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:14 pm

Hey out there JEL.com fans. Week after next an all time great Dayton band, Arch Rival will be playing a reunion show. The guitar player in AR is a guy named Michael Harris, a real shred, prog badass. Being that Mr. Harris relocated to Dallas, TX, Iwas wondering if Mr. Metal had heard of him? And that got me thinking, what other local and/or unknown guitar heros are out there? So here's you chance to promote your fav unknown gtr. hero. Just give us a name, style of music and website if available. Hope this is as fun as it sounds.
Dave
Michael Harris
shred, prog, metal
www.michaelharrisguitar.com
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

All Access Member

Re: Unknowns

Postby _will_ » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:38 am

http://uk.youtube.com/user/RobChappers

He's amusing, not really guitar hero to me, but a fun watch.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:56 am

No, I haven't heard of him, but I will check it out.

The only hero I know around here locally is Rusty Cooley....he isn't exactly an unknown though.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:28 pm

I was expecting to see this Harris guy from ARCH RIVAL playin' but instead there was this young teenager jamming away from a band called "Eternal Descent" he was quite fascinating to watch :o playing. A trailblazing in the making, excellent. 8) :twisted: Thanks for sharing!

All Access Member

Postby dave1021 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Shadow,
I'm not sure how you got to the Eternal Descent site, but check out the link that I posted and it'll take you to Michael Harris' site.
Also, this thread dosen't have to be about your local "heros" it can just be about some unknown, killer player that ya'll want us to know about.
Dave
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

Postby skezza » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:48 am

Guitarist from the Climax Blues Band called Les Hunt. He lives not very far away from me and is absolutely fantastic. One of the best guitarists i know. He's done blues, metal, jazz everything and has immense skill, speed, feel, everything! Ive seen him several times (literally in 20 +) and every time he has been stunning! He was also in NWOBHM band Demon who received a lot of press over in Germany and other parts of Europe and made little impact in the UK.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ng5tODNh8
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:54 am

skezza wrote:Guitarist from the Climax Blues Band called Les Hunt. He lives not very far away from me and is absolutely fantastic. One of the best guitarists i know. He's done blues, metal, jazz everything and has immense skill, speed, feel, everything! Ive seen him several times (literally in 20 +) and every time he has been stunning! He was also in NWOBHM band Demon who received a lot of press over in Germany and other parts of Europe and made little impact in the UK.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ng5tODNh8

Thanks for the post, Skezza! This guy walks it like he's on hot butter! Very nice choice of guitars, tough to beat for playablilty and where else would a rapid vibrato sound so good, other than in the dark with Lucille?!
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Return to Free for all...