Albums 2008 countdown...'my faves!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Albums 2008 countdown...'my faves!

Postby Shadow » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:52 pm

Although I did not purchase "all" the Cd's I so wanted for 2008 on my heavy Rockin', Soul & Metal list (have to still/save & get Slipknot-All Hope is Gone for it seems to me that they put alot of Soul indepths in that musci works, Hydrogyn-Deadly Passions<>new album great music vibe, etc.,. more on the list that I'm still trying to find. I did buy a mighty collection of album gems & rubies/diamonds like Danity Kane-Welcome to the Dollhouse, Disturbed-Indestuctiable<>bad ass album, In this Moment-The Dream<>I love this album, Amon Amarth-Twilight of the Thunder God etc.,. are just a few of the new 2008 diamonds I found all of them have that #1 status of music quality. Plus there's other's I found as I've mentioned in other postes, that came out the previous year which I also found quite intriqueing & master hefty. What were some of your most fave's this year 2008? Also saw plenty of awesome movies this year but that's another Post Topic! HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009, Everyone. Godbless & do have a safe one. 8) :D :twisted:

All Access Member

Re: Albums 2008 countdown...'my faves!

Postby Snowy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Happy 2009 to you too, Shadow :)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Happy Bunny. Copy and paste him into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Thank you, that's a "nice" photo avatar of JAKE E. LEE at work: he looks awesome in his Cowboy clothing/hat...'very handsome Bayou. We can't wait to hear your new music material Mr. Lee, looking forward to this year 2009 the year of da Oge. smile! Also that's a fascinating image cat..'protecting the World so to speak so mentioned alongside it. Nice and you have a great NEW YEAR 2009, too Snowy. 8) :P :D

ohhh, she's a bunny not a cat. Hee, heee! :o :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:34 pm

Thanx for the albums you suggest Shads, will have a good listen. Also all, have a look out for a band called AIRBOURNE, from melbourne Australia, following in the tradition of AC/DC and Rose Tattoo, played a couple of supports with them, and they fkn rock. Go check out their website http://www.airbournerock.com/ . Hope your havin a great New year shads, take care sweetie, and hope all the rest of you guys too. :)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:34 am

Rock wrote:Thanx for the albums you suggest Shads, will have a good listen. Also all, have a look out for a band called AIRBOURNE, from melbourne Australia, following in the tradition of AC/DC and Rose Tattoo, played a couple of supports with them, and they fkn rock. Go check out their website http://www.airbournerock.com/ . Hope your havin a great New year shads, take care sweetie, and hope all the rest of you guys too. :)

Airbourne rocks period! With that said, I've gotten into another band from your country as well. They're called, Eyefear, and their new release is titled, Unseen. It absolutley slays, so check it out. The lead vocalist is a monster! \nn/

~Brian~

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:13 am

I'd heard a little thing from Airbourne, somewhere, a pretty good little while ago. ( Maybe in a video game?) When I went searching for information about them, it was like, " No. There's nothing here." " Not about them." Thanks for the heads up, Rock! I'd become interested in them because I thought they had a sound reminiscent of the earlier, hard rock "Mutt" Lange/ Def Leppard, actually. Er, Rose Tattoo . . . For some reason I'm thinking of ( aww) who did that - - - uh, was it "Blood and Roses?" How's the new band coming along, down there, Rock??? Hope everything is good! Let me know when you all shoot for Florida, pard!
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Yeh its going pretty good, fingers crossed, we got told to get our passports ready the other day, Europe looks like the first stop, nothing is final though until we got on that plane, dont worry Fret, if I get to the states, I will come and see as many of u guys as I can. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:50 am

O, I get it now, it's the guitar! lml I love the way Explorers settle into a strap, sound, and look! lml That's why I've held onto mine since Christmas of '83! (My first guitar) Or, was that '82?! Dude is SSSSSSSHHHHHHHPANKIN' that thing, man!
Last edited by frethead on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:37 pm

I meant to get AC/DC new album "Black Ice" (for I like the song snippets & such I heard from it...'Run Away Train is a master blast, song!) but the time just slipped by me there yet for sure it will be bought this year 2009. I like them alot & this band Airbourne that Rock mentioned their have alot gusto & obviously influenced by the Iconic band AC/DC. Great sound & the song "Runnin' Wild & Free" was just Rockin' awesome this AIRBOURNE hopefully will open up for AC/DC in the near future for sure...'they have alot of "strong" energy just like them! 8O :o :D That was spectacular "thanks" for sharing, Rock.

Postby Huckleberry » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:07 pm

Whitesnake "Good to Be Bad", Extreme's "Saudades de Rock", AC/DC's "Black Ice" & Guns N' Roses "Chinese Democracy' were my favorites of 2008. Damn good year for music.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:26 pm

After living in Arkansas for almost a year and half, and getting everything out of storage, the most incredible thing I heard in 08 was my Genz-Benz E L freakin' Diablo!!! (Thank you, God! Thank you, God! I praise you, God! I promise I will NEHHH VERRR leave Florida again! Thank you!) LOL!

Return to Free for all...