Raised, blown, off-road & chromed Patriotism-Cadillac style

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Raised, blown, off-road & chromed Patriotism-Cadillac style

Postby frethead » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:02 am

whoops :?
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Killer of Giants

Re: Raised, blown, off-road & chromed Patriotism-Cadillac style

Postby SDBinNY » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:18 pm

I Did It Again....
Ace Frehley sucked during his good years, and I can make a beer and BBQ fart in the bathroom sound better than the great percentage of his guitar work! ~ Frethead 6/5/08

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:04 am

SDBinNY wrote:I Did It Again....
8O

. . . I think :D

Ahhhhhhh, Haaaaaaaaah, Haaaaaaaaaaah! :lol: I knew that would bring you out, dude!! Huh-heh-huh-Haaaaaaaaarrrrrghh! LOL lol lol lol LOL LOLOOLOL lol lol lol LMAO How's it been up that way, SDB? It's been cold down here, but, I'm sure it's probably twenty degrees or colder up there! Man, I'll never know how you guys do it. Rockinrye said it was thirty-five below in Canada! I was thinking," Yeah. I can avoid that." 8)

I posted a link to a forwarded E-mail of photos of this extraordinary work of art, and not to mention . . . magnificently customized Caddillac pickup that some guy has completely decorated with the most deleriously inspiring and commemorative airbrush work. There are portraits of Washington, Lincoln, and Franklin through Einstein to Swartzkopf, Rudy Giulliani, and both former Presidents Bush. Hints of 9/11 with a beautiful portrait -river in the foreground -of the "twin towers" -NYC skyline at night on the rear, and elsewhere, recognizeable images from the news sources on that dreadful day. Abrahms tanks, assault choppers, and troops in desert settings. The interior is covered in the "purple mountains majesty!" There's this waaaay over the top work on the motorized tonneau cover of a fire/rescue team raising Ol' Glory on a pile of rubble, Iwo Jima style! Trouble was, I posted a damn link to my inbox, again! Although, I love to share things that I find so interesting, the folks in my E- mail list probably would disown me. :roll:

We've had some good exchanges, and I love your guitars. I'm putting on the finishing touches to my '74 Custom, and I hope to have a picture , or two, to post in the next couple of weeks. Still toying with the idea to cover all the bashes in the paint on my Explorer. The Smartwood LP is only about ten years old, with just a little color worn off of the p/u cover and bridge, but good for pictures. If I can just find the right direction and precise volume of speed in which to shake the digital camera and make Lawnmower man happy, you'll see 'em!
Last edited by frethead on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:41 am, edited 8 times in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:12 pm

It's been lousy up here lately. Last week we had single digit and sub-zero windchills most of the week. We're getting a moment of relief though (high of about 40 predicted for tomorrow, but back down to 14 Saturday)...

I haven't seen the Caddy yet, but I am sure someone will send it to me. I have a few friend in the military, and often get some of the more interesting things.

I know what you mean about the inability to make a decision. After seeing some of the NAMM pics, I am really toying with the idea of doing up a reverse Ouija. The white and black look killer....

I am always in and out, but don't post just for the sake of posting, and the "whoops" was way too difficult to walk away from...
Ace Frehley sucked during his good years, and I can make a beer and BBQ fart in the bathroom sound better than the great percentage of his guitar work! ~ Frethead 6/5/08

All Access Member

Re: Raised, blown, off-road & chromed Patriotism-Cadillac st

Postby Shadow » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:21 pm

SDBinNy, did you(?) have a nice time at NAMM 2009 - this past weekend..-the public at large unfortunately is that not open to us. Only to the merchants & Professional music artists/bands & such. Anyway, I bet it was really nice :!: Peace.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:47 pm

SDBinNY wrote:It's been lousy up here lately. Last week we had single digit and sub-zero windchills most of the week. We're getting a moment of relief though (high of about 40 predicted for tomorrow, but back down to 14 Saturday)...

I haven't seen the Caddy yet, but I am sure someone will send it to me. I have a few friend in the military, and often get some of the more interesting things.

I know what you mean about the inability to make a decision. After seeing some of the NAMM pics, I am really toying with the idea of doing up a reverse Ouija. The white and black look killer....

I am always in and out, but don't post just for the sake of posting, and the "whoops" was way too difficult to walk away from...

Man, I hate cold weather! I hope you do get to see that Escalade, SDB! Whooo, a reverse Ouijia board! O, wow! I'm going to have to think about that for a while.

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:52 pm

Shadow wrote:SDBinNy, did you(?) have a nice time at NAMM 2009 - this past weekend..-the public at large unfortunately is that not open to us. Only to the merchants & Professional music artists/bands & such. Anyway, I bet it was really nice :!: Peace.

I wish I was at NAMM....lol

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:59 pm

Damn.. 44 degrees today, and down to about 6 by morning.... This weather sucks....

Here's a shot of the reverse Ouija... Really has my warm and fuzzies feeling pretty warm and freakin fuzzy...

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:35 pm

Oh, wow! Man, that thing is waaay too much! I haven't seen one of those Ouija boards since Marlin Perkins was on TV!!! Incrediblahh!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:21 am

O, man. Goofy! I was imagining a Ouija board as in a sort-of a mirror's reflection. You know?! Or as if it had been printed on a glass board and looked upon from underneath a glass table! Hmmm :? Re - verrrssss. :lol:
Last edited by frethead on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:57 pm

I have a white Model 2 and there is a guy selling the decals on Ebay..

Seriously thinking about this.. (smell the smoke?)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:10 am

Ebay! Dang, that's too cool! But your smoke is choking me to death! lol Hmmm I wonder if I can find some white decals for the Explorer. Hmmm - mmm Model 2 is a Jackson, correct? lol Hey! A tad cool this early a.m., but the low today is supposed to be 60! THE WEATHER IS HERE. WISH YOU WERE FINE This morning on Today, they said there's a big nasty headed in your direction, pard. CYA

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:41 pm

I would kill for a low of 60 up here. It's 25 now with a wind chill of 10, and it's snowing and blowing pretty good. So far we have about 8 inches here, and are expected to get at least a foot..

The Model 2 is a Charvel, single hum, locking trem. Some yo yo put a tone control and coil tap in it, but I got it with the OHSC for less than $200, so I won't complain (much)...

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:12 am

Dude, I hate it for you, and my intention is not to increase your suffering, but, yesterday we saw a new record high of eighty-two! Just interesting stuff to note, you know?! Friday and Saturday temp. s are supposed to reach lows in the thirties. Glad to see you are still in power, inNYC!

You know, I theeeeeeeink I could handle one of those flat-faced Strat bodied guitars. Perhaps, it's the body contouring that I dislike about Strats. I don't know . . . My cousin had a Strat, when I started playing on my dad's Courtley LP copy, and I remember taking up a pretty hard stance against Strats way back then.

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:15 pm

My first axe was a 76 LP Custom Black Beauty. It had the triple humbuckers and was loaded with Dimarzio Super Distortions.... You probably don't want to know what I would give to get it back.

Changing between body styles was no issue for me, I started playing on a 63 SG Junior before I got the LP, so I was comfortable with the differences between the two..

Oh, by the way... 82?? Nice... Bite me... :twisted:

Next

Return to Free for all...