The most recent Ozzfest DVD - A Shot In The Dark?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

The most recent Ozzfest DVD - A Shot In The Dark?

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:09 pm

I posted this in the Jake area since A Shot In The Dark is a Jake era song.

What's the deal with it being on the new Ozzfest DVD though? Did Ozzy perform it or what? I'm just curious.

All Access Member

Re: The most recent Ozzfest DVD - A Shot In The Dark?

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:39 pm

the new ozzfest dvd has no ozzy solo stuff on it... and Ozzy doesnt preform shot in the dark live anymore the only jake song ive heard him play live anymore is bark at the moon

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:12 pm

Well speaking of bark at the moon, as someone that was right in to Ozzy at the time Randy died, I was 17, when Jake joined, like he was prolly thinking, and everyone else was thinking, he had some pretty Big shoes to fill replacing Randy, and Bark at the moon was an incredible song to answer all that were waiting to see what this guy could do, coz as far as I think, it is still one of the best top 3 ozzy songs ozzy ever done. :)

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:19 pm

Zakk puts to many pinch harmonics in it

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:15 am

why Zakk all of a sudden ?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:26 pm

Are you saying Zakk does not fit with Ozzy? Ok, I'm sick of this, if you think the pinch harmonics are stupid, look at Eddie Van Halen's tremelo stuff and the same can be said to him. It's who they are and what makes them unique. So far, Zakk Wylde is one of the greatest musicians. Look at Zakk, he plays heavy metal, blues&rock, and country. Unlike most, stickng to one genre... Well that's what I see. Even though Zakk uses the pentatonics excessively, it still sounds good. It's Zakk. Well, that's all I wanted to say. :)

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:24 pm

im not saying its bad im just saying i prefer jakes version :S

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:51 am

Nobody has answered my question yet guys! I'm not asking about Zakk or his pinch harmonics, or whatever! I like Zakk's style, bottom line, but lets focus on the following.

A Shot In The Dark is listed on the back cover of the DVD for some reason, so I thought some of you hard core Ozzy fans would know why.

The DVD itself isn't getting very good reviews for one reason or the other on Amazon.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:17 am

i read somewhere that the new Ozzfest DVD isn't from Ozzfest at all :!:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:35 pm

Rock wrote:Well speaking of bark at the moon, as someone that was right in to Ozzy at the time Randy died, I was 17, when Jake joined, like he was prolly thinking, and everyone else was thinking, he had some pretty Big shoes to fill replacing Randy, and Bark at the moon was an incredible song to answer all that were waiting to see what this guy could do, coz as far as I think, it is still one of the best top 3 ozzy songs ozzy ever done. :)

Damn straight!!! :D :D :D

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:33 pm

I have not seen this particular OZZFEST DVD - Shot In the Dark, that's curious why is it called that if the song isn't presented on the DVD. Interesting. Anyway, a title like that would be on a vintage Classic Monsterpiece like Ozzy Osbourne Monster Tour 1986, now I would "love" for that to be in DVD format, too! With special footages of that heavy Rockin' Metal time: they Ozzy Osbourne-Vocals, Jake E. Lee-Guitars, Randy Castillo-Drum and Phil Soussan-Bass certainly put on one hell of a Live in action Concert performance. I also would "love" to see the vintage gem Ozzy Osbourne/Jake E. Lee-Bark At the Moon 1984 on DVD format that also included the talents of Bob Daisley, Tommy Aldridge and Don Airey! Bad ass song & Live vintage performance! Peace.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:33 am

I'd like to see the Ultimate Sin CD get the expansion treatment! I don't think that will ever happen, since Ozzy hates the CD. :-(

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:18 am

In the beginning, there was Ozzy. And Randy found Ozzy. Then Jake E. replaced Randy, after Randy's untimely death. And now, there's Zakk. I don't know about the rest of you, but I believe that I can see the inkling of a pattern arising, and not just in the linear perspective. It seems to me that the ol' Oz is getting away from the absolute brilliance of talent and commitment that he had in Randy Rhoads.
It may be said that he has chosen musician's according to "the times," as it were. But, as I presume, we should all remember it was Randy's addition to Ozzy's music that saved his career ( and, possibly, his life). However odd that may sound! Ofcourse, I recognize the difference that Sharon must have made, as well.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:04 am

if Lynch had longer hair, we wouldn't know bark At The Moon :(

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:58 pm

frethead wrote:In the beginning, there was Ozzy. And Randy found Ozzy. Then Jake E. replaced Randy, after Randy's untimely death. And now, there's Zakk.

Then Joe Holmes covered Ozzy when Zakk is with BLS.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...